Author Topic: [Deleted]  (Read 1553 times)

SSJoseph

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
[Deleted]
« on: August 25, 2005, 02:14:20 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 04:53:57 pm by SSJoseph »

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 03:18:04 pm »
Live in Georgia, so all its gonna give me is rain.  Lots of rain.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 08:52:44 pm »
I live in Washington (state), I barely believe in hurricanes...

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 09:00:32 pm »
I live in Connecticut, so depending on the direction of the wind etc. we might get some rain.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 09:37:28 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka

Seattle, here! "Hurricanes" are a big fat corporate lie concocted to get taxes funneled to GOP states where Bush is in trouble. =P

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 09:55:26 pm »
Quote from: Lord J esq

Seattle, here! "Hurricanes" are a big fat corporate lie concocted to get taxes funneled to GOP states where Bush is in trouble. =P

Right across the bridge, here. Still awaiting a quake, so that I, as a son of California, can laugh as the Washingtonians run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 10:46:01 pm »
MOVE.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 11:00:17 pm »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer

Right across the bridge, here. Still awaiting a quake, so that I, as a son of California, can laugh as the Washingtonians run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Tell me about it! I grew up in Southern California where we ate earthquakes for breakfast. I was here when Washington had the Nisqually earthquake a few years back, and, lordie, you would have thought it was the Second Coming by the way these people reacted. Every region takes pride in being inured to its native natural disasters. Trouble is, with western Washington, the only natural disaster is getting served a bad latte. We have it too good up here.

Humorous trivia: The UW Department of Geology, one of the regional pillars of the nation's earthquake infrastructure, has been housed in the basement of Johnson Hall, one of the most decrepit and seismically unfit buildings on campus. They used to cart in bottled drinking water because even the pipes were poisonous. They were only able to get around to rennovating it this year. Good thing lightning doesn't strike twice...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 11:08:09 pm »

Tell me about it! I grew up in Southern California where we ate earthquakes for breakfast. I was here when Washington had the Nisqually earthquake a few years back, and, lordie, you would have thought it was the Second Coming by the way these people reacted. Every region takes pride in being inured to its native natural disasters. Trouble is, with western Washington, the only natural disaster is getting served a bad latte. We have it too good up here.

Humorous trivia: The UW Department of Geology, one of the regional pillars of the nation's earthquake infrastructure, has been housed in the basement of Johnson Hall, one of the most decrepit and seismically unfit buildings on campus. They used to cart in bottled drinking water because even the pipes were poisonous. They were only able to get around to rennovating it this year. Good thing lightning doesn't strike twice...

Yeah, it is nice that there are no real natural disasters up here. Hell, the forest fires up here don't even spawn firestorms!* Although for all the disaster wimps up here, it's pretty nice. I was just over in Seattle today in the International District. Saw that they had the Chrono Cross and PSX Chrono Trigger sound tracks, but they were too rich for my blood.

*Think tornado made out of fire. They are really beautiful.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 11:37:34 pm »
Go Illinois. Worst thing we have here are strong gusts that ruin your leaf piles.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 12:42:48 am »
Hey! Washingtonians are some of the only people who actually know how to drive in the rain! Don't you just hate it when fucking tourists and people from out-of-state come in and muck everything up?

:lol: (this is funny because I don't drive)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 01:23:39 am »
Hey! Washingtonians are some of the only people who actually know how to drive in the rain!

In as much as they can drive at all...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 07:13:34 pm »
Can you really feel sorry for people like that though? I mean, c'mon they're living right in the middle of hurricane alley (uh, I can call it w/e i want!)...I feel no pity for people who set themselves up for horrible personal dissaster.

"Let's build our home on the edge of a cliff and just hope no mudslides happen!"

"Let's live in tornadoville, USA!"

"Let's live where there are annual hurricanes!"

"Let's live on a volcano!"

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 07:55:07 pm »
I was discussing that very topic with one of my roommates the other night. We concluded that we have it pretty good in Washington, where nature's wrath is apparently not present in any significant way.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 10:30:13 pm »
I was discussing that very topic with one of my roommates the other night. We concluded that we have it pretty good in Washington, where nature's wrath is apparently not present in any significant way.

I've been thinking about this, and have come to the conclusion that Mt. Rainier is due to explode, savagely engulfing the City of Tacoma in an ocean of flame, just to teach us Seattleites a lesson about complacency...a lesson which of course we will blatantly ignore by cheering and having hot dogs and fireworks now that we've finally got those Tacoman nugget-heads off our back porch. There will be clam-fishing, latte-sipping, and the people will rejoice. Plus there'll be cool pictures.

Then there'll be a 12.4 earthquake and the Viaduct will fall over. That will make us sad. But, you know...all those hot dogs aren't going to eat themselves. And we paid so much for the fireworks...if you get my drift.

Yep, it's almost perfect here. We get wild blackberries in the summer, clouds almost all year...it really is one of the best places like Earth. We live in one of the rarest climates, one of the most elegant climates. Disease is low, the hiking is sublime, we're the gateway to Asia and all the cultures there, and it's even one of the few places in the country where liberals still rule the roost. I can't believe more people don't know about this place.

I tells ya, if the universe has a cruel sense of humor, Lavos would crash smack dab to the meter on top of Seattle.