Author Topic: So I got through Radical Dreamers... but there's questions..  (Read 1019 times)

Big Ern

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
So I got through Radical Dreamers... but there's questions..
« on: August 22, 2005, 06:26:35 pm »
I assume this is fine for this forum...

Okay so I finished it earlier, and despite enjoying it... errrm, I still feel I dunno... kinda empty about it in a way. I dunno how to explain it... errr... the points I thought it might help clarify in little holes of understanding, are as murky as ever. But that's just in my own view.

Anywho... a few queries...

01.) Was the old guy in the cell, that you have to get the ring for, supposed to be Radius or RD's equivalent? Looked similar to me, and the whole Acacia Dragoon thing. I don't recall a name for him being given, but it 'twas just a thought.

02.) The old woman that heals you is the one who interrupts at the end with Lynx, right? So is there supposed to be like any kind of equivalent to her in Chrono Cross? Or is she just part of the Porre idea that was abandoned or forgotten?

03.) I guess this is merely an observation... but wouldn't it be assumable that RD's Serge kinda moved into/became Nikki in Chrono Cross in a way? Or am I alone in that thought?

04.) Is that black and white picture that twirls up at the end, the same image that goes to color during the credits?

05.) At the end, with the mother calling down cause of a friend being there and it saying there was a familiarity... an allusion to a reincarnation of Schala/Kid? Or am I reading too far into that?

06.) And my last thought... is there only the one ending to it, or are there more than the one I evidently got? 'Cause I actually never saw any line about Magil actually being revealed as Janus/Magus, though I'm aware that it's definitely intended for you to naturally know it's him. Never saw it actually said that Kid was Schala either, though again, you're to naturally guess it. Now I feel like I'm rambling, and I'll shush.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 07:25:34 pm »
1. Yes, he unfortunately betrays Viper (Zorander) and lets Lynx take over. He sort of looks like Radius.

2. There's an interesting theory that she's Marle. I think it's in the Character analysis forum.

3. Well, depends. Their only big similarity is that of the traveling bard occupation.

4. Maybe, can't recall.

5. I think this is mainly just a literary device, showing that the adventure is about to be repeated or expanded upon, or something...basically, a nice wrap up.

6. Yeah, Schala is very strongly implied, as well as Magil=Magus. Masato Kato came out and confirmed that he is Magil, and Schala = Kid has enough evidence in game to not be cause for questioning.

Big Ern

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 12:08:41 am »
01.) So Viper and Zorander are the same person? I thought they were named seperately in it, I may be mistaken though. I was guessing Zorander was like the RD equivalent of like, Karsh or someone.

02.) I'll have to go see that, sounds interesting.

03.) Yeah, that's what I was getting at I guess. Was also going off of the theory that Lucca may've inspired Nikki's band's name, maybe after hearing some song by 'em or something (I may be making the latter part there up in my mind, if so, my apologies). I'm recalling something in RD about Serge writing the song that Kid is presumably humming while they're in that time pocket or whatever it is, after the Frozen Flame flared up. So then wouldn't it be presumable that Lucca liked the song and passed the love of it to Kid?

04.) I thought it was, but the picture moved so fast I couldn't tell real well.

05.) Yeah that's true I guess, I was probably just reading too much into it.

06.) That's cool, I figured so.

I like numbers today I guess.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 06:09:26 am »
I don't even remember a Zorander myself...>_>

I'm fairly sure Riddel or someone tells you it's Radius, but perhaps that's in another scenario...

Yeah, the old woman is the same...And I wouldn't say she was 'forgotten', I mean, Chrono Cross is an entirely different take...It's just barely like Radical Dreamers, really...Just basically the Viper Manor scene is duplicated in CC...but w/e...

I totally never thought or saw any RD Serge/CC Nikki connections...

I dunno what pic you mean...take a screenshot or something is my suggestion...I'm not really sure what you mean by "the same image that goes to color during the credits" though either...

I agree w/ZeaLitY about the journal thing...

And yeah, you can get different endings after you beat it once. Just save your game when it's over, then start up a new game (save either at the memory slot choosing section [safer] or sometime in the beginning dialogue so you can continue there to see the other scenarios) and new decisions and scenarios will be available depending on what you do & say and when & where you go where ever in which order or w/e.