Author Topic: CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN  (Read 4604 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« on: August 22, 2005, 02:00:52 am »

Welcome to the Chrono Trigger 10th Anniversary CELEBRATION! Ten years ago today, Chrono Trigger was released in North America, stunning fans and reviewers everywhere with deep plot, solid gameplay, moving music and masterful presentation. Today, the game is still going strong, inspiring a new generation of gamers to learn exactly what set the standard for RPGs years ago and continues to influence today's titles! We've got a Lavos-size load of gifts, party favors, and features for your enjoyment; come join the fun and bask in the glow of one of the most unique and exceptional RPGs ever made! To get things started, I present what we've all been waiting for...

CHRONO TRIGGER: CRIMSON ECHOES DEMO & INTERVIEW

Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes is a rom hack of Chrono Trigger, primarily made by Temporal Flux, that aims to tell a new story featuring Crono's original team. The demo is finally ready, and poetically, suggests that as Trigger hits its tenth birthday, it's being reborn in the form of a new game! After you download the demo, check the readme for instructions on how to play it, and if you have any questions, hit the Feedback thread. You needn't be registered on the forums to ask a question. Well, let's get to it!

Download the demo

Secondly, an interview has been posted about the demo that should answer most of your questions concerning Crimson Echoes. Check it out here! Moving on to the next attraction!

CHRONO TRIGGER RECOLLECTIONS

Chrono Trigger has touched every fan in a different way, and now fans and remixers have come together, representing the various Chrono communities, to talk about their experiences. Also in the feature is a special retrospective on the game, featuring a look at the Dream Team and where they are now. Don't miss it!

Chrono Trigger Recollections

CHRONO COMPENDIUM CELEBRATION STATION

THIS is the big surprise! A full showcase of all the best Compendium features and information has been erected for the anniversary; a veritable wonder of the world, it contains enough material to keep you busy well into 2300 A.D.! Can you say "biographies for every Trigger character" and "PSX bonus music tracks?" If so, then feast your eyes on this -- we've got FOUR new bLiNd Chrono covers released specifically for the anniversary! As you know, bLiNd's still cracking CT songs for his own personal pleasure, and as a preview of what's to come, he's graciously allowing us to release a few! There's no better way to celebrate than listen; have fun and don't miss the Chrono Series Timeline on the sidebar!

Chrono Trigger 10th Anniversary Celebration

For this forum news version, I'm going to go ahead and post the bLiNd originals here:

Boss Battle 1
Ruined World
Wind Scene
Wings Across Time

A huge thank you to all the image workers who helped make the banners for the birthday. You can view all their work here! Also please check this:

COMPENDIUM GENERAL SURVEY

A survey's being done for Compendium visitors to specify what they'd like to see more of around the site and what projects they currently support. Don't miss the chance to voice your opinion!

Survey Thread

Good night! Hope you've enjoyed. If you'd like to register at the Compendium forums, there is a poll open asking how visitors are going to celebrate the birthday. You can find it here.

ivanthem

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 03:52:44 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CT!!!
Let's hope for a sequel soon, and usher in another 10 years of Chrono!

Just listened to the music- hats off to bLiNd- amazing stuff!

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 04:01:16 am »
Happy mother f**king birthday! It's times like these that really make you appreciate how valuable this game is to the gaming community as a whole. This is a game that will last forever, and because of dedicated people like everyone here, there will never be a time where this game is not appreciated for its full value. It is excellence at its finest, and no one can take that away. Ever. Long live Chrono!

SSJoseph

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
[Deleted]
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 04:01:50 am »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 04:55:58 pm by SSJoseph »

Melch01r

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 05:14:30 am »
Zeality that ROA2 guy on gamefaqs is a real deush. Also the demo was good but it lacked battles. I was hoping to train T-T BTW iam midnight  KEEP UP GOOD WORK ON CT:CE ^_^

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 05:37:25 am »
What the deuche!?! ROA2 is still around GameFAQs...man am I ever glad I stopped hanging around those forums...8)

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 05:58:43 am »
Yeah! Happy Birthday!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 11:03:34 am »
Happy birthday! Ten years ago today, Chrono Trigger wasn't released in Europe :lol:

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 11:08:59 am »
Ah yes, those stupid Europeans...Did you hear they didn't get FFTactics either? Har har...wait, you're in Europe...? I meant, uh...North Europe...uh, yeah...East Europe? Islandic Europe? Eurasia? Eurarctica? Eurstralia? Afrope? Wow, I made a couple and I just couldn't stop myself...

A year after CT, RD was released. Five years after CT, CC was released. Ten years after CT, we get the CE demo...makes sense in a way, yeah?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 12:20:27 pm »
Oh, some things I just noticed about all the nifty birthday stuffs...

1) In Magus' character section, there's no going over of his RD name(s) Magil (/Gil)...

2) LionhearAce's banners are great, but there should be an even darker (/blacker?) one just to cover all of CC's Elemental colors :lol:

LionheartAce

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lionheartace.net/
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 12:39:05 pm »
Happy Birthday Chrono Trigger! `' ^_^ `'

Cooper

• Guardian (+100)
  • aka Lightningstrike
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 01:22:23 pm »
YEHAW !!!
!!! Happy Birthay Chrono Trigger !!!!

Big Ern

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 02:54:44 pm »
How ironic I stumble upon this site right in time for it.

Oh the memories of starting my RPG fandom with CT... *sigh*... I feel old now. <_>

Happy birthday to CT, my most favorite game of all.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 03:21:25 pm »
Also, a link to Chronicles is missing in the "Community Recollections" page.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER TURNS TEN
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 04:17:34 pm »
Okay, thanks. I'm about to update that sucker.