Author Topic: Audition Thread for CT Flash Series  (Read 10311 times)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Audition Thread for CT Flash Series
« on: August 10, 2005, 05:01:35 pm »
Hey everyone, this is where you need to come if you're interested in auditioning as a voice for the CT Flash Series...  We need voice samples galore!  Feel free to send in a sample of yourself doing the sample lines for each character you are interested in playing.  (Email samples to Jacob@RSJames.biz)  So yes, you can audition for multiple characters.

Between WAV or MP3, I prefer MP3, but if you're not sure how to make one, then a WAV is fine. :)  The characters available are listed below.  (I have to leave for work now, but I'll add more lines later.)

Try to audition first for characters who appear earlier on, ok?  In other words, if you plan to audition for Queen Zeal, try to audition for Lucca or Queen Leene as well. :)

PCs
Crono -- Already cast
Nadia Guardia/Marle -- Already cast
Lucca Ashtear -- Already cast
Frog/Glenn -- Mine name is Glenn!  Cyrus' hopes and dreams, and now the Masamune...forthwith I shall slay Magus...and restore honor!
Robo -- Understood.  Madam Lucca fixed me.
Ayla -- No!  Ayla like Kino BEST!  No more do bad stuff, okay?  That wrong!
Janus Zeal/Magus -- Behold, everything is at the bottom of the sea.  Gone is the magical Kingdom of Zeal, and all the dreams and ambitions of its people.

65M BC
Azala -- Already cast
Kino -- You strong, me weak.  Ayla good chief!

12,000 BC
Belthasar -- So to you -- YOU, who have opened the door! -- I leave things in your hands.  Only by mastering time itself do you stand a chance against Lavos.
Dalton -- Already cast
Gaspar -- The Guru of Time, eh?  ...Now what would you want with him?
Masa/Mune -- I wanna be the wind, Masa!  ...Oh, you will someday, Mune.  Sister Doreen's at Enhasa again...  That's 'cause she likes dreams.  I like the wind better!  Whoosh...
Melchior -- The Masamune is made of Dreamstone...  But you can't get it anymore.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been available for a VERY long time.
Schala Zeal -- The black wind...  Janus, you feel it too?  Don't worry, it'll be all right.  I wish I could stay with you...but Mother has other plans.
Young Janus -- The black wind howls...  You...  One among you...will shortly perish.
Zeal -- For you, there will be no tomorrow!  Fate has led you here, and here you will perish!

600 AD
Chancellor -- Already cast
Chef -- Heh.  That's what you get for thinking you're the only ones fighting for your country!
Cyrus -- R-run, Glenn...  The queen...  Protect...Queen Leene.
Flea -- What the...Hey, I'm a GUY!  ...Male, female, what's the difference?  Power is beautiful, and I have power!
Fiona -- My husband Marco hasn't returned yet from the war against Magus.  I'm doing my best to preserve what's left of this forest.
King Guardia XXI -- Sir!  I understand that you are the one who saved my dear wife, the queen.  But can you tell me what happened?  Leene is acting...rather odd.
Knight Captain -- *outraged*  Stop your SNIVELING!  It shames the Knights of the Square Table!
Ozzie -- Already cast
Queen Guardia XXI/Leene -- Already cast
Slash -- That's SLASH, you slimy dolt.  Hmph.  Beat me once, shame on you.  Beat me twice, shame on me!  En garde!
Tata -- Y-you need to get out of here!  Th-this is... a horrible place!
Toma Levine -- Hey, no problem, chief!  I'll have that Rainbow Shell for ya in a jiffy!

1000 AD
Chancellor -- Already cast
Gina (Crono's Mom) -- Crono!  How many times have I told you NOT to bring your pets in the house?!
Judge -- Already cast
King Guardia XXXIII -- Silence, Princess Nadia!  The throne comes before your personal wishes!
Lara Ashtear -- Oh, dear me...  My skirt, it's...  It's STUCK!  Lucca?  LUCCA!
Norstein Bekklar -- (Already cast)
Ozzie VIII -- Already cast
Pierre -- The issue here is motive.  Was there any motive for this man to kidnap Princess Nadia?  NO!  There was none!
Taban Ashtear -- Already cast

2300 AD
Atropos XR -- Prometheus?  Is that you, Prometheus?
Doan -- H...Heal...thy?  Huh...  Got a nice ring to it!
Johnny -- Hey, where's spike head?!  I only ride with HIM.

End Of Time
Spekkio -- (when you first talk to him as red Nu) What're you lookin' at...  Looks can be deceiving, you know!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Audition Thread for CT Flash Series
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 10:00:20 pm »
Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie
Azala (remember that Azala is a female)

Well, I don't remember this. The game never stated if Azala was male or female or asexual, so whoever will cast Azala would need to have an... ambiguous voice, I guess.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 12:23:57 am »
Are you going to like, digitize robo's voice or something?  I can't picture Robo talking at all.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 02:56:45 am »
We may use Microsoft Sam for Robo's voice. :o

While the 65M BC inhabitants never mentioned Azala's gender, I'm wanting to say one of the other party members did...  Probably Lucca or Robo...

Getting ready to add more lines...

EDIT: OK, all sample lines added!  Check above for all the info you need to audition.  Less talking on here, more talking into the mic, people. 8)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 11:28:22 am »

There's a problem with this quote.... it works BEAUTIFULLY on paper, but not if you say it.  There's really no way to twist it around to make it work when you say it out loud.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 12:40:12 pm »
While the 65M BC inhabitants never mentioned Azala's gender, I'm wanting to say one of the other party members did...  Probably Lucca or Robo...

Nope, they didn't, it's nowhere in the script (sorry I'm kinda annoying eh :wink: )...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 12:41:44 pm »
What the? It's the first time I forget to log in... Might be my punishment for 'hijacking' this thread :lol:

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 03:29:38 pm »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated

There's a problem with this quote.... it works BEAUTIFULLY on paper, but not if you say it.  There's really no way to twist it around to make it work when you say it out loud.

Suggest a better one then, LOL...

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 05:53:05 pm »
I figured you guys needed at least some sample voices.  If you don't need any of mine, that's absolutely fine.  I'm not like "OMG I HAVE TO DO THIS!", but I figure if my voice fits something, then why not help out?

I did serious samples for Crono and Kino.  I tried to stay away from anything that would require me to scream really loud, cause I might embarass myself, otherwise I might've done more.

I did a "serious" one for Flea.  I didn't know if you were looking for a guy or girl voice, so I did a male one.

I did joke ones for AtroposXR and Lara.  Lol I like the Lara one.

Jaka-a-roonie I sent you a PM about the samples, check your mailbox.

tamashii

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 10:22:25 pm »
I've e-mailed you, Jake-A-Roonie. ^_^

Wow, what a way to make a first post. :roll: Uh, hello everyone. *waves*

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 10:54:50 pm »
Thanks for the auditions...we've got some good contenders here. :)  Keep 'em coming!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 11:18:40 pm »
tamashii, that's a great sig. I can't wait til the site gets all the Chrono Cross concept art up.

tamashii

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 11:29:49 pm »
Thanks so much, ZeaLitY. ^_^

I e-mailed you...um...again, Jake-A-Roonie. :lol:

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2005, 03:05:16 am »
I'll try some voice tests tomorrow.

Oh, and by the way, I, too, was going to comment on the sig, but I suppose ZeaLitY did already!