Author Topic: Colosseum  (Read 7612 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2005, 12:21:45 am »
Okay. Some other time, I'll probably inquire of the difficulty of transplanting songs. If it is time consuming, do you know of anyone else who could do it by request?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Map
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2005, 12:25:20 am »
Map

I'm using  {1cD}(empty data}
Map(guardia Castle)

I'll try using one of those variables that is not limited to 255.  You're not using any of them right?  I've got most of the big things down now.  My big task left is the handicaps.  First I am going to do the one's that don't involve messing with AI, after that I'll see what I can do about editing enemies.  

After that it is just small tweaks, Here's something that keeps bugging me, to talk to people behind counters i put a soda can and made did draw status->hide sprite.  However it still goes over Chrono's head.  Is there a way to make it completely invisible?

I'll update later tonight.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2005, 12:30:33 am »
Okay, the ones being used are in the Chrono Trigger Changelog. I think we have about 3 or 4 permanents right now, and a couple temporaries.

The counter is going over his head, or the invisible soda sprite?

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Colosseum
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2005, 12:33:02 am »
I'll probably inquire of the difficulty of transplanting songs. If it is time consuming, do you know of anyone else who could do it by request?

Again, I defer to my beta-testers, JLukas and Chickenlump.  ^_^

---T.Geiger

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2005, 12:55:00 am »
Quote from: Geiger
I'll probably inquire of the difficulty of transplanting songs. If it is time consuming, do you know of anyone else who could do it by request?

Again, I defer to my beta-testers, JLukas and Chickenlump.  ^_^

---T.Geiger

Heh heh.... and... TAKE IT JLUKAS!
Just kidding!  *ducks from spear thrown from JLukas*

I have never touched SPC data, or sound related data before (aside from TF's instrument changing feature). I'm always trying to learn new things every day when I have time to do so, and though I have a fairly decent grip on ASM, I have a feeling that transplanting music from one ROM to another is beyond my grip as of right now. I am truly sorry for my incompetence in this area, but I am in no position to get anyone's hopes up for such a task.  :oops:

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Colosseum
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2005, 12:58:38 am »
Nice try, oh lumpy one.  ;)

Its just a packet transferal and some pointer updating.  I can mail you my "Spooky West" patch if you need an example.

---T.Geiger

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Map
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2005, 12:59:56 am »
Quote from: jsondag2
Map

I'm using  {1cD}(empty data}
Map(guardia Castle)

I'll try using one of those variables that is not limited to 255.  You're not using any of them right?  I've got most of the big things down now.  My big task left is the handicaps.  First I am going to do the one's that don't involve messing with AI, after that I'll see what I can do about editing enemies.  

After that it is just small tweaks, Here's something that keeps bugging me, to talk to people behind counters i put a soda can and made did draw status->hide sprite.  However it still goes over Chrono's head.  Is there a way to make it completely invisible?

I'll update later tonight.

--jp

I'll have to try this out myself, but perhaps you don't have to draw the sprite at all, just have an object there to interact with.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2005, 01:05:15 am »
Nice try, oh lumpy one.  ;)

Its just a packet transferal and some pointer updating.  I can mail you my "Spooky West" patch if you need an example.

---T.Geiger

It was a good try. :D

I still have your Spooky West patch, and I'll give it a look-see tommorow. Packet transferal and pointer updating eh? I won't promise anything, but I'll give it a shot. Wish me luck, and if I'm not heard from in 2 days, send pies. Apple pies.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2005, 01:22:26 am »
Well, this certainly is a dream come true. While we're on the subject --

Were the beta / demo tracks in Chrono Trigger omitted from the music editing list in Temporal Flux (unlikely), or is there more at work here? I actually never stopped to consider whether those "demo" tracks in the CT .spc soundtrack were simply ripped and copied from the Chrono Trigger Prerelease and included as a bonus when the .spc rip was first made. However, if it's something deeper, please explain. This question might seem a little convoluted, but I'm talking about Unknown Battle, Untitled, Battle Demo (1 and 2), the Zeal Palace Demo, etc.

If we can manage to do some work in transplanting, I'll have to hold another discussion. The only aspects of the CE demo, besides graphical or ASM editing that lay beyond the non-rom hacker group's grip were .spc transposing and currently editing OW events; if it's possible, it would be amazing to simply get the Occupied City song from FF6 to play in Porre's town limits. However, this was and still is a sort of of "eh, if it can't be done right now, doesn't matter really," so it's not too important. Things like graphics editing are relatively minor in the scope of things anyway to coding an entire new set of events and maps.

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Colosseum
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2005, 01:29:43 am »
The data for those songs does not appear in the final ROM.

And remember that each song you import comes at the expense of one of the songs in the game.  There are exactly 0x53 pointers, and expanding it would be quite problematic.

---T.Geiger

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2005, 01:32:04 am »
There are exactly 0x53 pointers, and expanding it would be quite problematic.

...But not impossible! ;)  Not with Geiger and Chickenlump on our team anyway.  Geez, I'm tellin' ya, that's the Dream Team of CT hacking! :D

I'm just messing with ya.  On the other hand, it does feel like we're just making breakthrough after breakthrough.  Oh and by "we" I do mean "you." :lol:

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2005, 01:43:07 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Unknown Battle, Untitled, Battle Demo (1 and 2), the Zeal Palace Demo, etc.

Those songs are only in the demo.  Whoever created that SPC archive must've included them as bonus tracks to make the soundtrack "complete"

Changing where the town music plays on the overworld is simple and doesn't require OW event editing beyond a single byte or two.  It only requires more work if you want to do something a little more advanced.  For example, something like when the Medina town music changes to the Spekkio theme after you've completed the Ozzie Fort sidequest.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2005, 01:47:09 am »
Okay. Can I do it with the beta at the moment? It's been a long time since I casually opened up the OW event code, but it seemed pretty complicated. I'm going to look at it again. And it isn't complicated; just a small change. For now, I'll change it to silent light.

Jake, I think the problems are a lot larger than that. I think that if those were expanded, it might have the effect of adding or removing a header -- a bunch of addresses would be shifted. Don't quote me on that, though.

Hm, now I'm going to have to do some track moving in the Encyclopedia since those are only in the Prerelease. Whoever made those .spcs has singlehandedly duped a lot of people.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2005, 01:51:41 am »
True Z, but I'm just saying not to doubt these guys...  We're now easily doing what was impossible just 6 months ago! :)

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2005, 02:12:05 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
For now, I'll change it to silent light.

OverworldMusic1 - 1000 AD OW event offset 026D.  That's the song to play in Truce and Porre.  The command above, OverworldMusic0, is the general overworld music.  OverworldMusic2 is Medina.  If you notice, right after that is an If statement, that changes the song if you've completed the Ozzie sidequest as I mentioned above.

To change the actual boundaries where music plays:
Map -> check Music Transition
then go to
Windows -> Overworld -> Music Transition
use mouse clicks to copy and place tiles just like changing maps