Author Topic: why did King Zeal invade Guardia?  (Read 1003 times)

finalkick12345

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
why did King Zeal invade Guardia?
« on: June 26, 2015, 06:17:21 am »
Hi. I'm going to play through a nonexistent game sometime soon when I can find the time, but can anyone remind me why King Zeal wanted to invade Guardia?

I know that Dalton hates Crono & co and wants revenge on them, and Kasmir is more or less a bigot who hates humans, but what does King Zeal have against Guardia?

First he wants to destroy Lavos with the atash kedah, then later on he changes his mind and decides he wants to try and use his personality to merge with and overpower Lavos so that he can use its power to reconstruct the Kingdom of Zeal. What do either of those two goals have to do with invading Guardia?

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: why did King Zeal invade Guardia?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 05:19:38 pm »
 :kz King Zeal through at least a good chunk of the game is being manipulated by Lavos. Unknowingly King Z is doing Lavos's bidding believing it is his own desires. Under this manipulation King Z recruits Dalton and Kasmir and well screws with the timeline and our heroes. Lavos wants revenge, and King Zeal is at first his puppet.

It's only later when King Zeal discovers he is being manipulated that he decides he wants to take Lavos over and reconstruct his Kingdom.

Jeerygee

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 04:36:53 am »
I do not dare to leave a comment. But I always try to stay.

finalkick12345

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 12:06:15 am »
It's only later when King Zeal discovers he is being manipulated that he decides he wants to take Lavos over and reconstruct his Kingdom.

Still though, didn't the Atash Kedah kill Lavos? If it hadn't then the Reptite timeline's future would have been ruined, just like the human timeline's future was in the original game.

I mean, I guess Lavos could have allowed the Atash Kehah to happen, knowing that the heroes would stop King Zeal from casting the spell, which would then encourage King Zeal to invade Guardia under the pretense that it would be no worse than the destruction of the Reptite timeline. Wow, that's some Chrono Cross-level complexity there!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:17:47 am by finalkick12345 »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 04:17:07 pm »
Huh, I didn't think about (forgot) about the Atash Kedah. Well crap! Errrrrrr....  :shock: Welp i'm off to re-watch the Crimson Echoes playthrough now.