Author Topic: Supporting Material Translation Trio Released!  (Read 3303 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Supporting Material Translation Trio Released!
« on: May 04, 2015, 07:14:42 pm »
We've had some generous translation help from AkaiPanda in the last couple weeks! It's now my honor to bring forward three items that have been kept from western audiences for countless years:

[  Satella Tsushin Radical Dreamers Feature  ]  Find the link here. This is truly special! As provided by a friend of ChronoMoogle, this is a feature on Radical Dreamers released in the Satella Tsushin magazine in 1996 to hype the game. It features a very short blurb from Daisuke Fukugawa, who wrote the "Enimgatic Superweapon: ParadiseX" scenario. Definitely check out this undiscovered rarity!

[  Yasunori Mitsuda 2003 Procyon Studio Interview  ]  Find the link here. This interview originally appeared on Yasunori Mitsuda's website, Procyon Studio, in 2003. Mitsuda discusses his experience composing a few games, as well as a couple tracks in particular from Chrono Trigger and Xenogears. Check it out!

[  Final Fantasy VII Developer Excerpt  ]  Find the link here. We're not sure where this excerpt came from (likely an FF7 player's guide), but it features graphic artist Yusuke Naora mentioning Chrono Trigger's courthouse scene as an inspiration for drawing seamless maps for Final Fantasy.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:41:43 pm by FaustWolf »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Supporting Material Translation Trio Released!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 08:41:18 pm »
Nice! Wow, I'd read before that Yasunori Mitsuda worked himself to the point of health problems on Chrono Trigger, but I didn't know they called an ambulance for the guy when he was working on Xenogears. That's dedication!

And goddamn, Yusuke Naora is talented. I love his character artwork in recent projects like Chaos Rings, but forgot he was doing CT's awesome environments way back when.

BTW ZeaLitY, the address http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563538-chrono-trigger/71422704 was tucked into the Final Fantasy VII link. Just wanted to leave it here for you in case that was for research on a future update.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:47:28 pm by FaustWolf »