Author Topic: Metempsychosis  (Read 1539 times)

Mataxia

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Metempsychosis
« on: March 06, 2015, 12:45:41 am »
Hey guys, longtime lurker here.  I actually thought up until today that I had an account on here already but apparently I didn't.  I've been visiting this site since around its inception though.  Anyway, Metempsychosis is a band I started with my friend in 2009. We've released two albums so far and have several others on the way. We experiment with a lot of different genres but our newest album, Deus Eidola, is mostly electronic and heavily influenced by video game soundtracks such as the Chrono series, Xeno series, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Panzer Dragoon, and the Mana series. We've also been compared to other electronic acts such as Tycho and Shpongle. Check it out (you can stream it or download it for free):

https://metempsychosis.bandcamp.com/album/deus-eidola

And here is our facebook page which is mainly where we post news: https://www.facebook.com/metempsychosismusic
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:39:51 am by Mataxia »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Metempsychosis
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 03:41:34 pm »
I immediately thought of Xenosaga III's Omega Metempsychosis when I saw the thread title.

Huge thanks for sharing! It takes real skill to wring emotion and wonder out of electronica, and your crew has it. Keep us posted on future albums.

Mataxia

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 11:37:12 pm »
Thank you man!  Comments like that mean the world to us because that's exactly what we were going for: an electronic based album that feels alive and full of emotion.  Our band started off making mostly guitar oriented stuff and a lot of the songs on Deus Eidola were actually originally written on guitar or piano, but at the time I was sick of the standard band setup and rather than recording them the normal way I decided to try something completely different.  We had dabbled in electronica before but this was our first time doing an entire album like that, and we spent a lot of time in the production phase adding layers and trying to make it dynamic and interesting throughout.  Lots more stuff in the works and we should be releasing two albums this year.  I will keep this thread updated for sure.

And yeah, Xenosaga is where I first heard the term metempsychosis :) Originally it was just a cool word and interesting concept to me, and we talked about changing our band name a couple times because it's not exactly easy for other people to spell or remember, but I think as time went on it became more and more appropriate of a name for our band since we change our sound and lineup so much.

I realize now that I've written a bit of a novel but what you said resonated with me so I wanted to share.  And thanks so much for your donation by the way!

Mataxia

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 01:47:59 pm »
Just released our third album.  This album is a bit less electronic than the last one.

https://metempsychosis.bandcamp.com/album/paralimina

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ñ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 07:01:54 pm »
How did I miss this. I love electronic music, especially Shpongle. Going to listen now!

Edit: I'm halfway through the first album and I'm loving every second of it so far. It kinda reminds me of Boards of Canada more than anything else, though I can see the mix of all these other influences. It's really good, honestly. Keep it up!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:55:49 am by DarioEMeloD »

Mataxia

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 01:44:35 pm »
Thanks man!  Our first release is a little rough around the edges compared to the later ones, so hopefully you'll enjoy those even more.  I've heard the Boards of Canada comparison before, never a bad thing!