Author Topic: Character Development in Chrono Trigger  (Read 3571 times)

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Character Development in Chrono Trigger
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 09:11:03 am »
Shakespearian? Far from it.
Apart from the fact that shakespeare wrote in Iambic pentameter, his character development was deep and philosophical in his tragedies and blunt yet subtle in his comedies. The myriad facets of each character, the details given are such that no videogame to date has equaled them.

To compare Chrono Trigger's story to Shakespeare is blasphemy in literary circles. Much of the detail attributed to the characters and story has been given in this very community. Most of which is speculation.
When you get down to the nitty-gritty, the story in chrono trigger isnt all that deep unless you extrapolate from it.

Many of shakespeare's stories are shallow too, but are made up for by the many shallow details. But conversely, many are very deep. Hamlet is one example.

You simply cannot compare the two. Aside from the fact that they are completely different writing styles, Shakespeare was arguably the best writer ever, and the team of writers on CT were prbably far from that.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 06:49:13 pm »
I'm not sure enough people argue against CT's characters for this purpose, but is there anywhere we can stick this  in the encyclopedia?

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 03:18:30 am »
We'll find somewhere to put it. Maybe in an article about characters and characterisation.

Princess Marle

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 02:09:26 am »
Hi I am new here.. :D And I have to think that the characters of Chrono Trigger are not Boring and Dull at all..I mean Chrono does not say one word at all and that is different..Marle is the happy go lucky type of girl and I still don't know if Flea is a girl or guy  :lol: So yeah Saying that the characters of Chrono Trigger are boring..well only Boring people think Boring things !!  :wink:

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 09:16:10 pm »
Welcome to the forums!
It's good to see someone with a twinkle in thier eye and a love for Chrono Trigger.
That's a nice avatar, too.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2006, 10:21:35 pm »
Yes welcome to the forums *stares* Dragoness, we know your secret.

Character development is developed through things like different ideas on how to complete a certain task, and how the character fits into the time era they belong to, as Ayla is the chieftain of a primitive society, and Janus is the quiet boy prince of a magical, mystical, powerful society.