Author Topic: Nintendo Power Poll (/VOTE FOR CHRONO QUICKLY!!!)  (Read 4108 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Nintendo Power Poll (/VOTE FOR CHRONO QUICKLY!!!)
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:57:00 am »
I found this on STARMAN.NET

In the latest issue of Nintendo Power, a new poll urges readers to email a list of their top 5 choices of Nintendo Classics that they would like to see on the Wii's Virtual Console. With our choices limited to only 5, I can think of 1 right off the bat.

Quickly it's important to the future of the Virtual Console!!!!!! Not to mention if he it is on the top five it will probably get a remake!!!!! Who knows the might even start working on Chrono Break again!!!!

E-mail: vcpoll@futureus.com
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:59:31 am by ZealKnight »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Re: VOTE FOR CHRONO QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:38:59 am »
OK voted! They are really in nor particular order, except CT being number 1.

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2)
3. Pilot Wings 64
4. Super Mario RPG
5. Final Fantasy VI (Final Fantasy III US)

Hope this isn't a hoax lol. As you can see I want some good old fashion SNES RPGs on there.
Pilot Wings 64 is mostly for my dad who freaking loved that game. Maybe I should just go buy it for 5 bucks at Gamestop or something.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 01:32:16 pm »
voted!

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 02:57:46 pm »
voted!!

Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Phantsy Star IV
Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask
Super Hang-on

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 03:32:29 pm »
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy VI
3. Mega Man X
4. Secret of Mana
5. Harvest Moon 64

That's what I picked.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 03:40:06 pm »
Why would it getting released on VC get it a remake? If anything, it would only DETRACT from a remake because even more people would've already played it...Besides, I dun think SE will let it through yet (I think they're gonna do a remake before they let it on VC).

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 04:08:37 pm »
Voted for the hell of it.

1. Chrono Trigger
2. EarthBound
3. Super Mario RPG
4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
5. Star Fox 2 (I'm aware how much of a stretch this is)

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 06:41:48 pm »
It shows a want for the game first. Second, a lot of people don't have a Wii. I would hope they remake it for the 360 because of the fact that most Americans(which preferred Chrono Trigger more anyways) own one, or second the PS3 because of the awesome graphics.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 06:47:36 pm »
Why would it getting released on VC get it a remake? If anything, it would only DETRACT from a remake because even more people would've already played it...Besides, I dun think SE will let it through yet (I think they're gonna do a remake before they let it on VC).
Its money, SE get money for it being on the VC, plus the see the "demand" there looking for. If the demand really is that high it won't interfere with actual sales of games.  with emulators we don't need a remake but a lot of people would rather have the game, same with the VC, and not every one has a Wii. ZeaLiTy good with the economical side to it have him tell, ja.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 04:17:41 am »
It shows a want for the game first. Second, a lot of people don't have a Wii. I would hope they remake it for the 360 because of the fact that most Americans(which preferred Chrono Trigger more anyways) own one, or second the PS3 because of the awesome graphics.

There's dreams and then there's just plain delusions. Remakes for current gen consoles just aren't cost effective...and 360? C'mon...not gonna come close to happening. It shows interest for the SERIES, but not a remake. If you've already just played the original version, the likelihood of you going out to buy a remake isn't going to be that high, even if it is for an awesome game like CT.

It seems like it'd be more money for Ninny than it'd be for SE...SE could make more by handing the remake project over to a secondary company like Matrix Software to make a remake, release that and then, if they want they can release the ol' 16-Bit 2D "classic" version on VC after they see the awesome amount of sales they'd get from the venture.

From the business perspective, VC just helps to support Ninny a lot more than SE...

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 10:17:55 am »
..I would hope they remake it for the 360 because of the fact that most Americans(which preferred Chrono Trigger more anyways) own one..

A bold statement.  Do you really think most Americans own a 360?

If you ask me, the original CT: Resurrection people need to get back together, assume new identities and continue working that amazing project and then just release it at the end of the production.  Maybe change the name of the remake and alter the graphics a bit so it isn't truly "CT: Resurrection".  Now that there is what one calls a delusion...

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 11:01:41 am »
Even if it doesn't get a remake maybe they might start chrono break once more. Trust me many people would buy it even if its on the VC. No remake is really market friendly unless the game is not playable on one of the systems as of now. look at how many FFIV FFI and FFII remakes there are.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 11:08:05 am »
well we all know that a new game requires a chrono reunion (all the major players gotta reunite), and that's a hard task to accomplish.  without a doubt that's been the biggest problem creating another chrono game.

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 12:30:07 pm »
well we all know that a new game requires a chrono reunion (all the major players gotta reunite), and that's a hard task to accomplish.  without a doubt that's been the biggest problem creating another chrono game.

Why would they have to reunite? Am I missing something in the series that requires them to reunite in a sequel? o.o;

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 01:59:09 pm »

Why would they have to reunite? Am I missing something in the series that requires them to reunite in a sequel? o.o;

Cause they are the DREAM TEAM.

It's like how do I put it, having the Super Friends without Superman and Batman etc...
Once you've tasted what they can come up with, you want nothing less.