Author Topic: Importing Problem??  (Read 552 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Importing Problem??
« on: March 25, 2006, 01:01:56 pm »
First off props to Zeality for doing the exporting wonderfully.  

I started to import it to a new Rom myself and I haven't really had any issues yet...I have 1002 AD imported exits and all (though the exits don't go anywhere) and then I imported the new Crono's room and Marle comes in w/o screwing up the game...she even says the right text.  I'll keep importing and see if I have any problems.

Also I can't seem to find the maps for any of the places did you export them somewhere else??

Cathedral, Vanguard, Leene Square and 1002 overworld are all successfully imported to a nice spiffy new ROM.  

I'm assuming we overwrote melchior with the new sprites for Porre Army because Vanguare is filled with a bunch of Melchiors

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Importing Problem??
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 04:33:35 pm »
OK,  I got 97% of it imported.   I played through and it seems to be working fine.  

So I need the new 65 MIL map that Rossi was working on, the new Beast Forest, Chronopolis, and Zeal Dungeon don't seem to be on the server either.  I'll upload the Rom later so if people want to run through and see if they can find broken exits ot people who are still saying things that they said in Chrono Trigger.

UPDATE:  Ok here's a link to the fresh rom.....now it's a patch.....

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jsondag2/shared/imported.ips

I've made 4 patches in my life.....3 have been bad so I'm apologizing in advance.  I try adding headers.and then forget I added them and everything just screws up.  If you need help with the patch email me at jpsondag@gmail.com and I'll "help you apply it"

Yay we finally actually have something to work on.  Um if you find bugs in it, and there is bound to be some cause I just imported EVERYTHING over please post here.  

--jp

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Importing Problem??
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 05:07:07 pm »
Quote from: jsondag2

UPDATE:  Ok here's a link to the fresh rom.....

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jsondag2/shared/Chrono%20Trigger%20(US).smc

You know you can't link to ROM files here.