Author Topic: Dalton in the Lavos Timeline  (Read 1942 times)

Epsilon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Dalton in the Lavos Timeline
« on: July 01, 2005, 05:22:47 pm »
What happens to Dalton following the Fall of Zeal in the Lavos Timeline?
At first, I assumed that he proceeded as he did in the game, but his "Kingdom of Zeal" (If I recall, he proclaimed himself "King Dalton" or some such) may have lasted longer, as the Earthbound and Surviving Enlightened were rather weak.
However, after a bit of thought, I believe that Dalton either died in the Fall of Zeal, or was defeated anyway in the Lavos Timeline. If Dalton managed to create a long-lasting Kingdom, it would have presumably had an affect on time. Now, I do not mean that he could establish a Kingdom lasting 13,000 Years! However, there would be some affect, as having a ruling state rather than a disorganized village in that time would affect any states that came after it... In my opinion, likely eliminating the Kingdom of Guardia from coming about or having it become very different...

JustinS1985

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 05:50:23 pm »
In the lavos timeline Dalton would mostl ikely have been beside queen zeal inside the ocean palace when Lavos showed up, so my guess is he would have died.  No matter how much of a chicken he is, I doubt he'd run away while standing beside the queen =p

Edit: wasn't there a scene that showed the inside of the ocean palace in the Lavos timeline?  If there was anyone notice if Dalton's standing in there?

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 11:13:21 pm »
Thats a good question... I don't remmber what happend to him.

Radical Dreamer

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: Dalton in the Lavos Timeline
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 11:17:33 am »
Quote from: Epsilon

However, after a bit of thought, I believe that Dalton either died in the Fall of Zeal

He did suvvie the fall of Zeal.
Actually, you meet him after the fall of Zeal (where you can also find Alfador).

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 01:14:56 pm »
I'm assuming that in the original timeline, he perished in the Ocean Palace.  The few survivors in the Last Village gathered together to attempt to rebuild civilization.

I guess this makes it critical that you defeat him and destroy the Blackbird following the Ocean Palace disaster after Crono's meddling.  If he were to survive, the creation of the Kingdom of Guardia could be jeopardized.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 03:30:26 pm »
Quote from: Radical Dreamer

However, after a bit of thought, I believe that Dalton either died in the Fall of Zeal

Actually, you meet him after the fall of Zeal (where you can also find Alfador).

Hes talking about the original timeline, before Crono came to the past.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 09:35:54 pm »
Quote from: Radical Dreamer

He did in fact survive, but in Crono's timeline, stated above.

What would make him die in the original is really simple : Magus (the prophet)

Since you see that Dalton is really angry to the prophet, the prophet must have take the queen's advisor (or something like this) rank, the one that Dalton was in charge before him. Which would take him to see Lavos.

Now remember that Schala teleported 3 time travelers, so we can assume since she left here to die (or not) that that was the maximum she could deal with.

Since the prophet, Zeal, Schala and our 3 heroes were the only one and in the orignal timeline there was no heroes Dalton msut have taken the prophet's place.

Now it is to Schala to decide weither she left him here to die or save him.

I think it depends on how Dalton though of Schala : Zeal's pawn or Zeal's daughter.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 09:42:27 pm »
The Prophet was not in the original timeline.  Or maybe I just did no understand what you were trying to say.

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 07:15:35 pm »
It has come to my attention that in Spanish, Dalton or Daltonico, means color-blind.  Could this be why he was color-blind (meaning why he only summoned golems and nothing else, color blind to summoning rather) to summoning?

Ryuusai

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 07:24:53 pm »
Maybe he just really liked golems or that was all he could summon.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 07:26:31 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
The Prophet was not in the original timeline.  Or maybe I just did no understand what you were trying to say.

I was confusing I meant what is different from each timeline is the prophet

daltonien in french means color blind but I don't see why would they put some trivia fact like this

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 11:28:16 pm »
I actually used a Spanish-English dictionary, and it's Daltonigo in portuguese too.  Dalton must be a Latin word, since its in French and Spanish as well.  I don't know about Italian, if it isn't Italian, it might not be latin.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 02:31:26 am »
Quote from: JustinS1985
In the lavos timeline Dalton would mostl ikely have been beside queen zeal inside the ocean palace when Lavos showed up, so my guess is he would have died.  No matter how much of a chicken he is, I doubt he'd run away while standing beside the queen =p

Edit: wasn't there a scene that showed the inside of the ocean palace in the Lavos timeline?  If there was anyone notice if Dalton's standing in there?

Welcome back.

Dalton's not there, but yes, Dalton ruminates that in the Keystone Timelines, the Prophet replaced him as foreman of the Ocean Palace. I sustain that he was there too, and probably died. In the Keystone Timelines, however, he was free from his duty, and could fight the party and flee at will.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005, 04:09:43 am »
Hey ZeaLitY, back I see,

well first is first, basically what ZeaLitY said is all right. Dalton probably just died in the Fall of Zeal or just a normal death.

~LC

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2005, 06:29:34 am »
Quote from: Salvadeiro
I actually used a Spanish-English dictionary, and it's Daltonigo in portuguese too.  Dalton must be a Latin word, since its in French and Spanish as well.  I don't know about Italian, if it isn't Italian, it might not be latin.

John Dalton (or something) is just the name of the physician who discovered color-blindness ("daltonism").