Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 483826 times)

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6585 on: February 18, 2012, 06:35:03 pm »
Despite my stress-driven life, I feel like... the happiest person alive today.

Thank you so much. Yes, even you guys. Thank you... so much...

For some reason I want to announce to the world about how happy I am. For some strange reason I want to hug everyone.

Well you know what? I've been melancholy, depressed, stressed, anxious, frustrated and downright miserable for the last few days and I don't know why! Everything is frustrating or disappointing or difficult, it seems, and even good things aren't satisfying. I got a new tablet! Whoop-de-frikken-doo! D':<

Why???

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: February 19, 2012, 12:02:13 am »
katie I went through that right at mid january, lasted pretty hard for a good 2 weeks. now I've never been happier. I kinda realized happiness is a choice, and I guess my brain and body chemistry is excellent as now I can just decide to be happy and voila. I really don't know what was wrong with me, but now I can instantly be happier than ever.it's almost like I'm on X or coke or something, maybe I'm suddenly producing a bunch of serotonin and dopamine, but the happiness feels weird as it's 'unearned', as though I simply snorted blow and then I'm happy. It's a cool superpower to have, and I think I may have stumbled upon nirvana or whatever those monks always talk about. I can say this, I think what may have kickstarted it was I met this person, but I couldn't be with them so it made me sad. A lot of introspection ensued, and I think it may be a matter of doing things to make you like yourself better and give you more esteem and confidence, not putting yourself down but turning negative things into positive. I just listened to a lot of sad music during those 2 weeks and attempted to better myself, which I'm always doing and always improving at.

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: February 19, 2012, 12:18:38 am »
For some reason I'm feeling kind of melancholy today, even though I felt really good earlier in the week.  There is no rational explanation for this, and the only proven cure is to go to bed.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6588 on: February 19, 2012, 03:40:44 am »
Despite my stress-driven life, I feel like... the happiest person alive today.

Thank you so much. Yes, even you guys. Thank you... so much...

For some reason I want to announce to the world about how happy I am. For some strange reason I want to hug everyone.

Well you know what? I've been melancholy, depressed, stressed, anxious, frustrated and downright miserable for the last few days and I don't know why! Everything is frustrating or disappointing or difficult, it seems, and even good things aren't satisfying. I got a new tablet! Whoop-de-frikken-doo! D':<

Why???
XDDD Goodluck with that, then. Although I must say, you are also one of the reasons I'm happy. *hugs*

I really don't know what was wrong with me, but now I can instantly be happier than ever.it's almost like I'm on X or coke or something, maybe I'm suddenly producing a bunch of serotonin and dopamine, but the happiness feels weird as it's 'unearned', as though I simply snorted blow and then I'm happy. It's a cool superpower to have, and I think I may have stumbled upon nirvana or whatever those monks always talk about.
I think I've heard of that: "Break the chains of suffering and you've achieved Nirvan"? (I refuse to add the last "a" after that word because the west has a weird way of pronouncing it) That was one of the branched beliefs from Buddhism, not exact, but something a lot of people could relate with. I guess the "unearned" factor may be your conscience, especially since "happiness" has always been considered to be earned via strange circumstances even when it shouldn't be. In either case, I think you're one person I can relate to at the moment.

8) *fistbump*

For some reason I'm feeling kind of melancholy today, even though I felt really good earlier in the week.  There is no rational explanation for this, and the only proven cure is to go to bed.
OR drop everything that's making you sad and go have fun. OR go out and help somebody! OR just listen to your heart and ask it what it honestly wants.

Being happy is easy, and it's actually far easier than being depressed (though less easier than being frustrated). You just need to know where and how to find it -- it's not much of a treasure-hunt either. My current condition is quite stressful, due to lack of money, time and resources, and yet I feel incredibly euphoric. Perhaps it's because of my own perception of being able to find "purpose" or "treasures" in every bad and ugly garbage heap we come across; perhaps it's my knack of finding potential in people that may otherwise get buried by the ruthless world. Or perhaps it's just the effects of my meditation. I guess I just love myself and my artistic perception too much, and hence I love people, animals and everything even more so; then again, art has given me so much that nothing else ever could. Now, it's my turn to give. More than anything, I feel like an Angel today.

Albeit, I'm sure this euphoric moment won't last, so I'll make this the best one. Then again, I'm actually looking forward to melancholy again; sometimes depression can be incredibly inspiring for artistic endeavours. Then again, Lennis, you're a writer. I think you already know that. ;)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: February 19, 2012, 04:34:51 am »
sometimes depression can be incredibly inspiring for artistic endeavours.

Yyyyyup! Quoted for truth.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: February 19, 2012, 06:32:01 am »
Being happy is easy, and it's actually far easier than being depressed (though less easier than being frustrated). You just need to know where and how to find it

Tell that to someone with clinical depression.  It is incredibly difficult to find happiness when you have a serious mental disorder.  I know how to find happiness.  I know where to find it.  That does not erase the fact that I have a mental disorder that leaves me feeling empty, listless, and often unable to find enjoyment in the things I love.  No matter how hard I try to be happy, or surround myself with things I love, it most often doesn't work because I have depression.  I wish it were easy to be happy.  But if you are mentally ill, then it isn't.

I kinda realized happiness is a choice, and I guess my brain and body chemistry is excellent as now I can just decide to be happy and voila. I really don't know what was wrong with me, but now I can instantly be happier than ever.

That's great for you, but if happiness were a choice then those of us who suffer from depression would never be depressed.  Believe me, if I could choose to be happy, I would in a heartbeat.  And I've tried.  I've tried to just "be happy", but when you have a mental disorder it doesn't work.  It's akin to telling someone with bipolar disorder "you can choose to control your mood swings" or telling someone with schizophrenia "you can choose to not be paranoid."

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6591 on: February 19, 2012, 06:59:04 am »
Tell that to someone with clinical depression.
I used to think that way too, until I found what it was that I was doing wrong. "Looking for happiness" by choice rarely works.

But even so, I won't say more than the fact that I've suffered from Clinical Depression for three whole years in the past.

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: February 19, 2012, 07:45:36 pm »
Albeit, I'm sure this euphoric moment won't last, so I'll make this the best one. Then again, I'm actually looking forward to melancholy again; sometimes depression can be incredibly inspiring for artistic endeavours. Then again, Lennis, you're a writer. I think you already know that. ;)

Don't I ever.   :lol:

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6593 on: February 20, 2012, 07:30:33 am »
I guess this explains my current frustration quite well.  :picardno

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: February 21, 2012, 02:18:11 pm »
I am frustrated by how lame some naming traditions are. When nearly all the female names are just derived from male forms, it is boring. Sure, have your Alexanders and your Alexandras, but give me a bit of variety, too. And if you can, thrown in a Susanthony every now and then. But mostly, just be creative.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: February 21, 2012, 04:00:14 pm »
Which gender does it evoke in you to hear the name Argamosee?

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #6596 on: February 21, 2012, 04:46:48 pm »
From someone who was almost Gwyncara, Aerin, and Nile/Niall...yeah my actual name is kinda boring...nah, really boring. I think I have the third-most generic first and last name ever irl...

Though my middle name is Rowan, which is awesome.

Argamosee: Sounds like a guy.

I knew an Addison in middle school, he was totally a guy. But later I found out that it was a girl's name? I've got a cousin Addison who is a girl...I think she's my cousin, anyway... It's got "SON" on the end of it! It makes no sense to meee~!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: February 21, 2012, 04:54:46 pm »
Aye, I'd go with male as well, but that might just be because I'm already familiar with Mossee being a male name.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: February 21, 2012, 05:34:03 pm »
Addison is probably a repurposed surname, which makes it kind of unpredictable, genderwise. And then there's the phenomenon of gender creep: names that were originally male shifting over to being female. Examples include Hilary, Marion, and Leslie.

Creativity isn't always desirable either. Helengwach, Jamesina, Vagina, and Misericordia-Adulterina (I kid you not) are all on record as having been used for at least one unfortunate girl in either Britain or the US.

For an extreme case of non-creativity, though, consider a patrician nursery in Ancient Rome: the boys might all have the same praenomen, or personal name (there were only twenty-odd of them in use, and some were restricted to specific families), and the girls might have no real personal names at all (at various times, they would have been assigned a nickname or a form of their father's name). The modern world is a font of nominal creativity by comparison.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: February 21, 2012, 09:50:32 pm »
Addison! Hahaha. Of all the names to choose with loose gender identity, you had to choose mine. And alf's right, at least in my case, it's a repurposed surname. So's my middle name. My family's weird with naming.