Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 54425 times)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2009, 09:11:12 pm »
Startropics is a wonderful game. I was very excited when it was released on the Virtual Console. I'd worried that Nintendo had forgotten about it.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2009, 09:23:58 pm »
Fire Emblem.

I'm not giving a name, since it doesn't have. It's that hack that Faust found that has Cross characters. It is finished, or at least, Eliwood's mode is finished, so I decided to try it, despite that I have to play it all over again.

I don't mind that I have to, considering I have done it with other games. Currently on Chapter 5.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2009, 09:29:14 pm »
I wish they made another StarTropics game. I have the first game, and saw the second on YouTube, and both are win.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2009, 06:27:57 pm »
Can't say I got into Star Tropics II much, but I'll be giving it another chance when I have some free gaming time.

Throwing... well, not yoyo's was slightly disappointing to me. Though maybe it had to do with me not playing it as a child and so I don't have the same nostalgia.

Current on the Gaming Block:

Chrono Trigger DS
Secret of Mana
Wii Fit
Civ 4

In that order to. Finally getting around to playing through CTDS; must say I generally like the translations more, though Fiendlord is "blah" and I miss the Knights of the Square Table (totally an artifact of the NA translation, I know, but I was amused). I am quite glad they kept most character names (Ozzie, Flea, and Slash, for example), but the changes in item names have been confusing me.

SoM has been my favorite RPG since I first played it. Seriously, I was addicted to it like crack cocaine. I dreamed about it. I was... around 12 I think. Never owned the game until Virtual Consol, but I rented the hell out of it. Now I am getting to introduce my wife to the garishly colored pleasures of the game. And someday, I hope to introduce my child to it, and it will be good.

... okay, that just sounds creepy now.

Wii Fit, I got this last weekend and tried it out last night. Looks promising and fun.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2009, 07:39:45 pm »
Too many games...

Paper Mario and Paper Mario II:  I never beat PM II, so I bought it in order to have another go at it. It put me in the mood to play the first installment, as well. THe battle system gets annoying after a while, but the humor is good, in my opinion. I'm at the final boss in PMII, I lost, so I left to level up, and there I stopped and procrastinated by playing...

Chrono Cross: Finally bought it. I didn't want to play it, at first because Crono and co. die, but then I thought, you know, it looks really good...
It's not bad, so far. I'm really liking it--though the battle music is ANNOYING. I take breaks from CC to play...

Pokémon Leafgreen: going for all 150, and also as a refresher for my Pokémon fan idea...I need to get a feel for Kanto again.

CTDS: Still haven't beaten it, because I am a slacker. I'm currently rattling around the Lost Sanctuary, which is a fun diversion.

Also, games that I've picked up and played through and am meaning to finish them someday: Odin Sphere, Sonic Unleashed, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Jak II, and Kingdom Hearts II (stuck on the WTNW boss that snipes at you)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2009, 10:57:31 am »
I'm at the final boss in PMII, I lost, so I left to level up, and there I stopped and procrastinated by playing...

Which phase (out of 3) are you stuck on?

...Kingdom Hearts II (stuck on the WTNW boss that snipes at you)

That would be Xigbar, and he was also the furthest I ever got on a KH2 run. Annoying as hell, especially since I really want to take on Final Xemnas in the World of Nothing. Methinks that would be kickass (never played it myself, though I've seen vids).

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2009, 11:34:46 am »
Has anyone played Overlord: Raising Hell? It looks very fun so I'm intrigued.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2009, 11:46:56 am »
Yea, I played it this past fall.  It was pretty fun for awhile.  I stopped playing a little while after rescuing all of the different coloured gremlin things.  Its best to play it with a dual analog controller akin to the PS2/3 type.  The PC controls are cumbersome.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2009, 01:18:24 pm »
Yea, I played it this past fall.  It was pretty fun for awhile.  I stopped playing a little while after rescuing all of the different coloured gremlin things.  Its best to play it with a dual analog controller akin to the PS2/3 type.  The PC controls are cumbersome.

Cool. They're selling it for pretty cheap by me, so I'm gonna try it out. I love the premise...like a twisted version of Pikmin. It should hold me over until Street Fighter 4.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2009, 01:15:39 pm »

Which phase (out of 3) are you stuck on?

That would be Xigbar, and he was also the furthest I ever got on a KH2 run. Annoying as hell, especially since I really want to take on Final Xemnas in the World of Nothing. Methinks that would be kickass (never played it myself, though I've seen vids).

Stuck on the final form, actually! I just didn't have enough ultra shrooms, basically.

Lost of my friends are stuck on Xigbar...except for Lynn, who thought he was ridiculously easy. O_o

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2009, 01:19:44 pm »
I too had problems with Xigbar before, until I decided that instead of dodging the bullets, I used Reflega instead.

Problem solved, and on the fifth or so try too.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2009, 02:19:31 pm »
I Had very much trouble with Xigbar. Either you find him ridiculously easy or incredibly hard. I lucked out by getting Final Form, and one time, Mickey Mouse to save my ass.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2009, 02:44:59 pm »
Hmm... Reflect... I'll keep that in mind.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2009, 11:50:27 am »
I've gone on a new kick, as the PS2 is no longer in my room.

The Simpsons: Hit and Run From what I see, it's GTA but no guns and less blood. It's a fun game and I've gone through 2 chapters already. So far, my favorite vehicle has to be the Honor Roller (Bart's car) and my favorite thing to do is kick stuff. I hope that Marge slaps stuff instead of kicking stuff... slapping is fun. Sometimes it looks really really weird, but... it's a nice game.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2009, 01:58:03 pm »
 Hit and Run becomes very repetitive if I remember correctly. It's still really fun. I'm currently playing...

That new Kirby Game.