Author Topic: The question of how certain techniques work...  (Read 7351 times)

Enker Of The Frost

• Iokan (+1)
  • Mr. Hat & Clogs
    • View Profile
The question of how certain techniques work...
« on: August 28, 2005, 06:46:54 pm »
Certain techniques within Chrono Trigger seem somewhat impossible, improbable, even for the gaem itself. Techniques I'm talking about, are such as Falcon Hit, Line Bomb, and Arc Impulse...

On example, how is it that Falcon Hit works...? Ayla throws Crono high into the air, but one would expect that he is supposedly going to come down and land on an enemy, making this technique a sort of non-elemental Firesword, or Icesword... Instead, he does a fly-by attack, slicing every enemy in a line?

Is it possible that Crono's Lightning Element allows him to turn the currents of air in his favor, and therefore go through a flying movement?

We've seen him break tornado energy with his slash manuever, but how is it that he's using wind to use advantage...

Even more so a questionable technique is Lucca and Glenn's Line Bomb? Does the line of explosions carry Glenn to give him just the adjustment of gliding to slice through enemies as he follows the trail of Lucca's explosions? Does this prove that Glenn can jump as high and far as Ayla can throw?

Even more perplexing is Arc Impulse... I can only guess Arc stands for Arctic, but is the technique merely an Water-element X Slash turned half-way or something more?

We see Crono jump on Frog's back, as Marle gives him elemental ice energy at it's apparent peak, so he can slice vertically, as he usually does with many techniques... Glenn slices horizontally as he does with many techniques, but just how is it that he creates a similar energy pattern to that of Marle in this event?

Is it that Marle and Glenn have somehow learned an amiable way to use Ice and Water together with Glenn and Crono's blades?

Any thoughts, an other techniques that can possibly be questioned?

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 07:24:57 pm »
Magic.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Re: The question of how certain techniques work...
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 09:39:34 pm »
Quote from: Enker Of The Frost
On example, how is it that Falcon Hit works...? Ayla throws Crono high into the air, but one would expect that he is supposedly going to come down and land on an enemy, making this technique a sort of non-elemental Firesword, or Icesword... Instead, he does a fly-by attack, slicing every enemy in a line?

Is it possible that Crono's Lightning Element allows him to turn the currents of air in his favor, and therefore go through a flying movement?

We've seen him break tornado energy with his slash manuever, but how is it that he's using wind to use advantage...

Ayla actually launches Crono into a ballistic trajectory around the earth, impacting the target enemy at 25 kilometers per second.

Enker Of The Frost

• Iokan (+1)
  • Mr. Hat & Clogs
    • View Profile
Re: The question of how certain techniques work...
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 10:12:12 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman

Ayla actually launches Crono into a ballistic trajectory around the earth, impacting the target enemy at 25 kilometers per second.

0_o...  So Frog can essentially jump in the same manner?

GrayLensman

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 12:28:03 am »
Well, probably not.  :wink:

The battle system is very stylized, so this kind of analysis is difficult.  However, I can prove that Crono is more powerful than 100 trillion Tons of TNT!

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 02:47:32 am »

The battle system is very stylized, so this kind of analysis is difficult.  However, I can prove that Crono is more powerful than 100 trillion Tons of TNT!

He is human. His power has limits.... And him verse Lavos alone = Death. Lucky he had the other two to help >.>

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 07:18:47 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
He is human. His power has limits....

Actually, he's not a normal human, he's a Toriyama-designed human like Son Goku and the Dragon Ball Z folks...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 08:12:29 am »
Just because Akira did the character designs does not mean that he set the parameters for Crono's strength...And I prefered Dragonball (ah, those pure Akira days) :P

But I agree that Crono & Co. are far more than mere humans. Note when they jump from the Epoch to the Black Omen for example...or the drop from Mystic Mountain...These are supernatural beings w/the power over Magic, chi and I bet Crono could do Bruce Lee's famed One Inch Punch easy. :wink:

Opunaesala

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 09:39:46 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking

He is human. His power has limits.... And him verse Lavos alone = Death. Lucky he had the other two to help >.>

Actually, Crono Versus Lavos alone is really easy.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 05:23:03 am »
Quote from: Opunaesala

In the official story-line, Crono tried only once to fight Lavos alone, in the Ocean Palace, and he got totally pwnd...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 05:32:22 am »
You can do it yourself either via New Game+ or by killing off (i.e. letting them die) two party memebers...This may not be how the storyline presents it, but it still shows Crono's power over Lavos, which is the point.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 06:32:21 pm »

True, but that's in new game +. In a regular playthrough, which is supposed to be the *official* game, you generally can't do 1v1 with Lavos.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 06:58:21 pm »
Especially at Level One against Ocean Palace Lavos. PWNED

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 09:52:01 pm »
Yer gonna force me to quote myself, Kazuki? Okay, I can do that...

Quote from: Mr. Badass Hisself
You can do it (kill Lavos w/solo Crono) yourself either via New Game+ or by killing off (i.e. letting them die) two party members...

By endgame, it's just as easy as New Game+.

Weggy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 11:17:51 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Magic.

Oddly enough, this argument is quite solid in the current situation.