Author Topic: Lavos in 600AD  (Read 6242 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 05:14:50 pm »
Quote from: Mystik3eb
I did have a thought, though: what if it was indeed possible for Frog to defeat Magus, on his own, without the Masamune? He did it in 12,000 BC (if you so chose), though granted he was (potentially) alot stronger because of his travels with Crono and crew. But who's to say Frog didn't level up for days and days in Magus' castle, eventually becoming more powerful than he probably would've been had Crono and crew fought with him, along with the use of the Masamune??

:wink:

Lavos didn't absorb Magus' energy yet, so it was unlikely that Frog could beat him without the Masamune sword.

Crono_Maniac

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 05:52:43 pm »
I don't believe I heard that Lavos absorbed his energies.  The analogy with the fly makes sense.

Lazarus Plus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 06:50:57 pm »
I could swear that in the Ocean Palace Magus says something like "Aggh! He's draining my power!" Something like that. Probably just to account for the fact that he's suddenly a weakling compared to his former self when he joins you, but still.

GrayLensman

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 10:04:59 pm »
Read the script, guys.

QUEEN: Come Prophet, feel the power
   of Lavos!

Magus: Ungh!

Magus: Aaah!!
   My powers are being drained!

Magus: Unghh...
   I won't...be beaten!

I survived the darkness to defeat
   you, Lavos!

Magus: Take this, Lavos!

Aaugh!!

Magus: Wh, what...?
   It doesn't work?!

Aughhh!!

QUEEN: Foolish one!
   Your measly power can't touch
   Lavos!

QUEEN: This is from me to you!
   You shall enjoy eternal life...
   ...as part of Lavos!

Lazarus Plus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 01:52:03 am »
Yep. Thought so.

Crono_Maniac

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 12:32:30 am »
So that's why Magus has about a tenth of his health and MP when he joins you....

Ahh...I'm sorry, I can't exactly remember why I said I don't believe Lavos absorbed his energies.  

Magus probably wasn't drawn into the Lavos PD, as it is stated in Belthasar's dome that he was summoned.  Therefore, I stand by the fly analogy.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 02:50:55 am »
Quote from: Crono_Maniac
So that's why Magus has about a tenth of his health and MP when he joins you....

Actually, if you choose to fight him on North Cape, he still has the high hp/mp. That would have been interesting, however, if that Square had *planned* it that way, as opposed to the random toning down. Though, his magic power isn't decreased, is it?

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 07:18:50 am »
Quote from: Kazuki
Quote from: Crono_Maniac

Actually, if you choose to fight him on North Cape, he still has the high hp/mp. That would have been interesting, however, if that Square had *planned* it that way, as opposed to the random toning down. Though, his magic power isn't decreased, is it?

I don't know about his magic power at North Cape, but he doesn't use magic elemental barriers and counterattacks that time.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 04:22:13 am »
He also doesn't use Geyser. 8)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 10:12:51 am »
I think he doesnt use Darkmatter(at least not vs. frog), he maybe lost it with his power. I think his HP, MP, Magic power etc. are higher if u fight him, just donno why(plotwise).

Wooster

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 10:56:33 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
That's only your own thought. I would have thought that yeah, Lavos needs offspring like everything, but once it has enough energy, he'd probably want to leave the planet again.

Greeting's yo!

Anyways, I'll respectfully disagree with that Lavos will have wanted to leave the planet. Well, perhaps a half truth. He may have wanted to leave the planet, but his mass totally disables that theory. Those spikes on his body may help him to  dig around in the core, but I do doubt that he'd be able to get himself air born.

Contra-wise, this does give some credibility to how Lavos got to the planet in the first place and why he was sucking up all that energy of the planet. When Lavos finally surfaces, the first thing he does is unleash a wild pin missle attack upon the 'entire' planet. I'm more or less inclined to believe that the pin missles were Lavos Spawn, or perhaps a lavae/egg form. If the missle attack was enough to rain destruction upon the entire planet, then it doesn't seem to be a far fetched idea to me that some of his missles would escape the atmosphere. Concivably, it takes a lot of energy to send our rockets into space, so why not thousands of years of planet abosrbsion to send a million lavos spawn all at once in random and simultanious directions.

I also seem to remember a theory I read a while back how Lavos, or at least the remains of him durring that time line, made up Death Peak.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 03:49:11 pm »
Well, the only thing is that Lavos used that same attack on Zeal in 13,000 and on Crono and co. Actually, the Spawn are those little Krackers most likely who fall down Death Peak.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 06:53:41 pm »
Lavos clearly has no will to leave the planet. It's not his nature. Lavos comes to a planet, cultivates evolution, assimilates DNA and energy, then finally reproduces and dies as his spawn repeat the cycle. He's an animal of godly power. His will is to eat and reproduce. That's it.

Crono_Maniac

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 09:56:23 pm »
Does anyone consider the idea that Lavos has left his shell to rain on Death Peak?  I'd be willing to bet that since he can hover (in the final battle) he'd be in the sky on Death Peak's Summit.  That's why Death Peak's Summit has that power.  Perhaps, he reigns as a sort of living energy if you will, giving the very air power.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2005, 02:26:44 pm »
Where is it proven that Lavos can float a la one does when they tread water? Whenever you fight him, he's firmly implanted on the ground (otherwise, how would Crono and Co. be able to fight him? They may be powerful, but they can't fly. If they could, then the wing addition to the epoch is pointless.)