Author Topic: Damn Pokemon For Ruining Good Games!  (Read 1650 times)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Damn Pokemon For Ruining Good Games!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 05:21:44 pm »
The thing about rereleasing games with very little change (like the Pokemon series) is very true... but why the hell not?

Think about it.  All you have to do is spend what, a week or two of programming it?  And then they sell liek hotcakes.  That's GIGANTIC profit.  Are you telling me you wouldn't do the same thing?

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 07:21:28 pm »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
Think about it.  All you have to do is spend what, a week or two of programming it?  And then they sell liek hotcakes.  That's GIGANTIC profit.  Are you telling me you wouldn't do the same thing?

About things I don't care about? Probably. But things that hold a special place in my heart, and the hearts of millions of others, deserve to be treated better than simply profit-mongers. So in this case, I'd shoot myself before releasing anything the way Pokemon has been.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 07:33:38 pm »
Well, that's what I don't like as well, Dewey. The fact that fans eat up the bullshit that's produced for them. It's not fair to the consumers for the producers to give shotty renditions regardless of profit margins and it's not fair to the producers for the consumers to continue to take said shotty versions of games, thus creating a market that the producers can fall back on because it's a quick buck.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 03:38:55 am »
What about the new Pokemon on GameCube?

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 12:50:54 pm »
I don't like the Pokemon(however called) on Gamecube, because the story seems somehow like a homework done in a 15 min break before the lesson(IMO). The old ones on N64 were cool, you could pwn your friend everytime they challengd you :twisted:

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2005, 02:34:58 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Well, that's not exactly what I was talking about either since you're talking about multi-platform release differences...But since it's at least in the same general idea range, I'll allow it. :P

I think that all depends on how you look at it. I mean, that's the price you pay for an earlier release. For some games extras and graphical tweeks may matter...like RE4 perhaps, but I don't know as I haven't played it...while other games it's best to have the earlier release...I call GTA:SA to the stand...man did the XBOX version suck...but it sucked pretty...:roll:

Gamecube people got it first. So why complain? Isn't that too, an extra, after all?

A whole new side game that spans the lenght of the story versus having it first....Umm, no. If it was the same game, then I can say yes. But with the added features its not really a plus since they just had to wait for more extras.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 04:57:22 pm »
Quote from: BZ

What about it? Your post doesn't fit the topic...again...

Quote from: SilentMartyr
A whole new side game that spans the lenght of the story versus having it first....Umm, no. If it was the same game, then I can say yes. But with the added features its not really a plus since they just had to wait for more extras.

Some people would disagree w/you...What if Nintendo said they'd wait to release the new Zelda game so they could tack on a few extras? There would probably be a revolt, right? It all depends on the market and gamers' opinions of what is important: playing the game or playing the extras.

*shrugs*

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 04:17:40 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Quote from: BZ

What about it? Your post doesn't fit the topic...again...

... Yes it does. People in the thread are saying that all Ninty are doing are just small tweaks to the old Pokemons. The NEW pokemon on GCN is Pokemon XD, which is quite different

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 05:23:59 am »
Well then, you should quote them or something so everyone knows that you're off-topic post is about other people who posted off-topic...

Yeah, that quote of me says you're not posting to fit the TOPIC. Then you say yes it does, but then say that your post fits OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS. That's not the same.