Author Topic: Recycling bad guys...  (Read 2600 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Recycling bad guys...
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 09:40:17 pm »
The Dragon God is all the dragons as one. The Time Devourer consumed the Dragon God already since a long time ago.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 10:20:06 pm »
So the thing that all the dragons turned into was the dragon god which the Time devourer consumed? 

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 10:22:39 pm »
Unless I missed something, which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest so correct me if I'm wrong, but at least by the looks of it the Time devourer was a combination of all the dragons, but if they're reptites then how is the time devourer a reincarnated Lavos?

Going from memory, so I may be wrong about a few things.

Lavos was sent to the DBT after the time period in which he reigned was destroyed by Crono killing his past self.  His power was so great though, that he was able to absorb power in the DBT still, where he became connected to Schala who was also sent to there in the Ocean Palace disaster.

The dragons were part of an alternate timeline sent back to the distant past along with Chronopolis.  Seeing as the thriving city of the Reptites was not part of the primary timeline, it can be assumed that it was pulled from the DBT.  In that case, Lavos likely had a hand in their being sent back with Chronopolis.  The dragon god was no longer simply the pinnacle of Reptite engineering, but a vessel for the Time Devourer in Serge's time period.

At least that's what I thought was going on.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 10:28:44 pm »
Actually, it was pulled from the Reptite Dimension, and by the planet (or Entity? Unless they are one and the same).

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 01:40:26 am »
Schala and Belthasar wanted Serge to fuck the planet before Lavos did so his spermies would get there first, it's not hard to understand.

As for ends justifying the means, while it wasn't really considered a bad thing in CT, CC did make a big point about Crono and co. erasing the original future being a naughty thing to do.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 02:51:53 pm »
literally lol, Maggiekarp.  :D

Belthasar:
   Well, that research led to
   the creation of Chronopolis
   and to the Time Crash...
   You might think I really
   blew it, but perhaps it
   was really my finest hour!
   Ho-ho-hoh...

This quote seems to imply otherwise. He's laughing at the Time Crash and Polis War :/

How I always interpreted this quote was that he was commenting that from an outside perspective it would look like he really fucked up, but in reality he didn't. The Time Crash wasn't an accident. He planned everything from the start. He was just bragging here. I wouldn't take from it a sinister laugh of indifference towards all the lives that he affected.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 01:27:41 am »
huh? one of the most recurrent complaints about Cross is its deviation from the chrono trigger world and characters, or so I've heard. And the few things that do link CC with CT also get criticized?

So if I shoot and miss, I lose, and if I shoot and hit, I lose aswell. Is there a way for CC to ever win?

Unfortunately, no. Most people don't like to fight the same thing over and over and over, but they do like to fight new things WITH the same PC's. Now in Cross's case, they got it backwards. Too many new goodguys. Too many old badguys. That's the biggest reason it received and still does receive such an adverse reaction from diehard CT fans.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 04:28:29 am »
Okay... So you just proved that CC does link to CT... And your problem is...?

Seriously, people need to stop whining. First it's not close enough to CT, and when it is it's not good either.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 05:43:44 pm »
Not whining. And I know it connects with CT. But that's the reason.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 03:33:56 am »
If I'm whining about anything it's that Lynx started out as an excellent stand alone villain.  Dark, mysterious, stealing your body, screwing you over big time, and then in the end he's just a puppet for an alternate future's Mother Brain.  It seemed a bit anti-climactic and left the game lacking any villains formed specifically for this story.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 04:03:07 am »
Agreed. At least he got a strong start, though.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 07:35:37 am »
Let's not misunderstand Lynx. He merged with FATE, he wasn't really FATE from the beginning. He was his own person, while FATE resided at Chronopolis. Sure, he may have been controlled by FATE (or merely loyal to him), but he wasn't the same being from the start.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 12:31:40 am »
This thread seems less like an actual Analysis thread and more like a, "I don't like this about it, prove me wrong?" type of General Chrono Discussion-type of thread...

Anyways, CC is full of a shitton of mini-bosses that are basically there to get between Serge and Lynx/FATE/the Dragons/Devourer of Time...

Noteable non-recycled bosses though: party members, the Fort Dragonia bosses, Garai, Dario, Miguel and maybe the Hydra if you choose the path where you get to fight the De-Hydrate...oh, and then there's Criosphinx...That was a kind of interesting addition (though he was never explained, really)...

Oh, would the Atropos Vita count as a recycle?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 12:40:02 am »
Only in name, since it's not related to CT Atropos in any other way.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 01:19:40 am »
It could be since the Vitas basically act as the guardians of Chronopolis, where both FATE (/Mother Brain recycle) & the Prometheus circuit (Robo recycle! lol) would be...Maybe they recycled Atropos in a similar way to create the Vitas (one of them is pink even)...