Poll

Who could challenge Crono and put up a decent fight, posssibly KO, Crono?

Link(Power of the Triforce?)
17 (20%)
Master Chief(Guns and guns galore?)
2 (2.4%)
Solid Snake(Stealthy tactics?)
2 (2.4%)
Cloud Strife(Massive compensating sword?)
9 (10.6%)
Sonic(Blue speed streak?)
1 (1.2%)
Pacman(Devourer of Everything?)
1 (1.2%)
Mario(Plumber on mushrooms?)
2 (2.4%)
Megaman(Lil boy blue + gun?)
1 (1.2%)
Darth Vadar(The power of the dark side?)
4 (4.7%)
Batman(The Dark Knight?)
3 (3.5%)
Chuck Norris(Roundhouse kick?)
4 (4.7%)
Bruce Lee(FLYING FISTS OF FURY?!!!!)
0 (0%)
Other(state whom)
23 (27.1%)
Samus(Gun Girl of God Level Yet Not God Level?)
4 (4.7%)
Goku(KA-ME-HA-ME-HA?)
6 (7.1%)
Monkey King(Stretch Stick and Acrobatics?)
0 (0%)
Harry Potter(Demented Wizard Boy?)
0 (0%)
Kefka(JUST Kefka, no statues...just the crazed clown?)
2 (2.4%)
Ryu(Breath of Fire, Turn Into Dragon?)
1 (1.2%)
Mecha Zangief(Zangief and Mecha?)
0 (0%)
Randi(Secret Of Mana?)
0 (0%)
The Player Who Can't Play(What are these controls, what is SNES, what am I?)
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Who is a worthy match for Crono?  (Read 47774 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Who is a worthy match for Crono?
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2008, 10:26:45 am »
So... someone who uses a katana, uses magic, and fights the end of the world.

Sounds like a job for Rand Al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2008, 05:10:20 pm »
You know what? After playing through the whole game and actually beating it on very hard, I'd have to say it'd be the boy who wanted to be the guy. IWBTG's main character. That guy is freaking crazy. And macho.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2008, 07:00:54 pm »
Raiden from MGS4 he could kill Crono in a sec. (only in cyborg form)
And he also uses thunder magic LOL

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2008, 07:25:23 pm »
Yeah, Raiden already figured out he couldn't win.(somewhere in here, this thing topic's gotten big!)
And also, even if the cyborg one could do it, if it would be that fast, wouldn't be an interesting match. We already got all those god like characters who can snap a finger and the match is over.
And hold on a sec... a Metal Gear Solid character using "magic"?
Isn't that game series supposed to be more on the realistic side?  :?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2008, 09:12:14 pm »
Mutants & gene manipulation="realistic" magic

Gods, now we have three unnamed dbags who think Link, Snake & Cloud could actually make it against Crono...you lurkers make me sick~!! :lol:

So... someone who uses a katana, uses magic, and fights the end of the world.

Sounds like a job for Rand Al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn.

Does Rand use a katana...? Is that what the heron-marked blade was supposed to be? But, yeah, I'd agree that he would be a match...though I always liked Lan more...(I'm only up to book 4)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:26:39 pm by V_Translanka »

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2008, 10:56:23 pm »
SNAKE? C'mon, Raiden maybe in that cyborg form(because that is just ridiculously strong, but not an interesting match) but Snake?
Link it depends(wish they'd give reasoning)cause if it's one of the Links that actually got the power of the Triforce at their disposal(Original or the strongest A Link To The Past) then he might stand a chance. Any of the others would instantly get whupped.
I'm not even gonna go into Cloud. When i first heard that on Facebook I gave the person a verbal lashing like none other with undeiable reasons as to why Cloud could never win against Crono.
Just look at their villains for short. Sephiroth not as strong as Lavos.
Cloud had trouble with Sephiroth. Crono dominated Lavos.
I had a lot more but that's a short quick version of one of my 13 points(each 3 paragraphs long).
Snake, no.
Link, maybe.
Cloud, no.
I simply put them on there to be fair, but for people to actually vote them when all these incredible other names have bee listed? Next you know, Pikachu or Sonic will get a vote!

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2008, 10:59:47 pm »
Actually, wouldn't Pikacu be quite effective against Crono's lightning attacks? As I remember, Pikachu absorbs lightning, Crono can just cast it. Pikachu would actually have the upper hand.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2008, 11:14:09 pm »
Crono + Confuse =  Pikachu could use agility or double team all he wants, lightning speed plus four strikes is going to slaughter him.
Plus if you've ever seen the anime of Diamond and pearl(I made a parody)it showed in the 2nd episode Pikachu battling someone stronger with lightning and Pikachu got beat down with lightning. In fact it happened more than once in the series. So since Crono is(obviously)stronger than Pikachu even if pikachu absorbs lightning, Crono's blasts he could absorb and also get hurt by doing so.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2008, 12:01:13 am »
Not to mention that Luminaire is more than a simple Lightning attack. Pikachu fails to the awesome might of a holy light nuclear explosion.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2008, 12:31:25 am »
PIKACHU used TAIL WHIP
CRONO's DEFENSE fell!

CRONO used LUMINAIRE
PIKACHU is unable to be found in this existence!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2008, 12:13:34 pm »
Does Rand use a katana...? Is that what the heron-marked blade was supposed to be? But, yeah, I'd agree that he would be a match...though I always liked Lan more...(I'm only up to book 4)

I think most heron-marked blades are katana-like, but it is quite hard to tell since Jordan put normal cultures and myth in a blender and hit frapee (Rand is a Tyr like character who for some reason pulls the sword from the stone; mmm, tastes like some nice arthurian legend with just a hint of Edda).

Hmm... What about Lion-o? He can't use magic like Crono can, but he does have the Sword of Omens and the Claw Shield, which seem to be vaguely magical in nature.

And on a plus side, Lion-o might snack on Picachu before the battle, like a cat playing with a mouse.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2008, 04:49:55 pm »
You know what? Looking back so far only a select few on my list of choices are good, about 3 or 4. They may be the most popular but a lot of them are pretty pathetic.
Mario.
I eat mushrooms to get big and eat flowers to use a dragonball similar fireball. I also fly with a cape dress up like a raccoon to fly or turn into a statue, I dress like a frog when I want to swim, I play tennis, I play baseball, I play soccer, I am worthy of competeing in the olympic games, I dress like a rabbit to jump high, I can become an angel, I can become metal, I can become invisible, I can dress like a bee and have the abilities of a bee, I can dance and be straight, I can have over 10 different girlfriends and none of them mind, I fight turtles, I fight my family, I fight monkeys, I fight hedgehogs, I fight swords, I fight other various beings, I ride around on a Land before time ripoff of a dinosaur, I am the most annoying baby to have ever lived, I apparantly have super strength since i can lift Bowser with ease and yet I have trouble lifting half his weight with other enemies, I have more personalitys than you can count, I am a hero AND a villain, I am Nintendo's mascot, I have been sucked up to by almost every big gaming name there is, I am most likely a god, and I get wasted by a freaking electrical nuclear blast and yet somehow even though I have so many reasons to dislike me, I have more fans than any other gaming character apparantly and yet I always get beat out by Link in popularity contests WTF, and I with all of this I STILL manage to beat out freaking Crono in a popularity contest? WTF?
Whatever.
Come this years Character Battle on gamefaqs, Crono will improve with him coming out with the DS port, he needs to win. Link, Cloud, Sephiroth, Mario, and pretty stupidly L-Block(not even a character, how'd IT get in?) have all won. Crono usually gets beaten by Mario. When he finally won he got pitted against the obvious winner Link. He got beat out once by Sonic, barely though only in the double digits did Sonic win, and latest is Link and VINCENT?! Vincent Valentine from FF7?! A character who came out with one unique game for himself that turned out pretty bad, and Vincent beat him?

Hit List:
Mario
Sonic the Hedgehog
Vincent Valentine
L-Block
Pacman...he knows what he did...
http://apps.facebook.com/graffitiwall/show_replay.php?rn=2179c0c2cc002ce31c4a4c89b5e15694
Something I found in the gallery.

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2008, 08:14:34 pm »
Vamp would also bet Crono he is inmortal with those nanomachines same with raiden. Kojima really is into the Nanotechnology in a near future. And with that Crono will loose easily. And the thunder that raiden can use is made out of his nanomachines do you really think that was magic...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2008, 09:38:18 pm »
I thought it cause you said

Raiden from MGS4 he could kill Crono in a sec. (only in cyborg form)
And he also uses thunder magic LOL
And not playing a lot of MGS, I have to go on what you say since you clearly know more about it, not much choice. I played the first, that's it.
And immortality? C'mon, what kind of fight is that? I wouldn't find it interesting at all if I knew one of the guys was immortal!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2008, 09:55:16 pm »
Come this years Character Battle on gamefaqs, Crono will improve with him coming out with the DS port, he needs to win.

You're treading dangerous ground with such forbidden talk, there...

idk why nanomachines would be such a big deal against Crono...Luminaire should take care of them.