Author Topic: Welcome, welcome!  (Read 121688 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome, welcome!
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2008, 07:23:28 pm »
hahaha...  i had no idea what to expect.  i was thinking it was gonna be a viral site tying into the in works terminator movie (terminator: salvation)

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2008, 08:49:17 pm »
Yeah, but the characters in SD2 weren't really developed very much at all...I mean, at least in SD3 they all had their little quests and actually had some character development...

Plus, I don't trust any man named "Randy"...>_<
:lol: Have you tried Sword of Mana on the gba; interested as to your opinions...

Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom - '90
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium - '93 (though, admittedly late in '93)
Final Fantasy IV - '91
Final Fantasy V - '92
Lufia & the Fortress of Doom (lots of Doom back then, eh?) - '93

I think all of those games (possibly more...I'd have to look through more release dates) did better than Seiken Densetsu II at developing the characters (not entirely sure on PSIII though since I haven't gotten that far in it though). *shrugs*
No love for Romancing SaGa 2('93), V?! :wink:

and my PS2 is permanently out of condition to play PS2 game
I recently got one of the new slims; better longevity, less annoying glitches, and isn't, naturally, so massive.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2008, 10:05:22 am »
Phantasy Star IV was a great game.  Never finished it tho...I enjoyed the guild aspect with the different jobs you could undertake

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2008, 03:16:10 pm »
Phantasy Star IV was a great game.  Never finished it tho...I enjoyed the guild aspect with the different jobs you could undertake

Aye, PSIV is definitely my fav title for the Genesis.
Man, did that game have some weird names for spells though.  :?
Never finished it, eh? I can't recall the end of the game, myself, though I know I finished it.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2008, 04:00:25 pm »
Yea, I rented it twice, but could never get past Zio (I think his name was), in that tower.

Then I tried to emulate it some 10 years later, and took care of him, no problem.  But then the ROM froze at some other boss battle, I forget who, though....that's what I get for relying on save states.

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2008, 05:13:29 pm »
I owned it back in the day, but sold it off some time ago for a nice (I mean NICE) price. Happened to stumble on a fanatic in real life who was madly searching for it, gave it to him, haven't played it since.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2008, 03:59:30 am »
That's what emulation's for, friend! Although I think it's retarded that they did the Phantasy Star Collection on GBA but failed to include The End of the Millennium! I'm hoping that means they'll do a 3D DS remake (score!)!! Anyways...

Quote from: BROJ
Have you tried Sword of Mana on the gba; interested as to your opinions...

Apparently I'm one of the few who actually really appreciates Sword of Mana...I mean, it's easily one of the best remakes I've seen...Most people I see who bash it had never played FFAdventure/FF Gaiden: Seiken Densetsu...I still haven't gotten through a lot of it though, actually...I had started two/both quests! So, yeah, it was like playing the same game at the same time only slightly different perspectives...which I found kind of neat.

Quote from: BROJ
No love for Romancing SaGa 2('93), V?!

Y'know, I only tried one Romancing SaGa game (don't recall which, though it was probably one of the first) and it was really weird & I didn't understand quite what was going on, but I decided pretty early on that I didn't like it...so it's completely possible that I judged the series too early...*shrugs*

Quote from: Anacalius
Man, did that game (Phantasy Star IV) have some weird names for spells though.

Yeah, the whole PS series' spell & item names take some getting used to...Them & their "originality"...It's kind of nice, kind of annoying...but in the end, it's only a small learning curve...definitely needs a remake so that they can address this issue (by having spell & item descriptions!!!!!!!)...:P

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2008, 11:49:48 am »
Sword of Mana owns.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2008, 04:16:52 pm »
It is entirely because of all of you that I am now forced (yes, forced) to play through Lufia II (my favorite from the series).

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2008, 04:32:39 pm »
Ahhh...  The joys of Lufia II...  Some of the puzzles were confusing as all get out.

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2008, 04:51:38 pm »
I just played through that about 2 months ago.
Strangely enough, playing through Chrono Cross made me want to play it.  :?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2008, 05:30:45 pm »
Maybe because Pip is sort of like a quarter-arsed Capsule Monster?

Psyarcanum

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2008, 07:04:48 pm »
Hi...I just joined a bit back (5 minutes ago).

I just joined mostly for help. I'm doing a ROM hack for CT (using it's engine to make a brand new game, as well as palette swapping characters [try palette 192 for Magus, it's pretty sweet]), and I need some help with it. I have played both games but never got around to beating CC because I lost my second disc and I was to lazy to find a ROM. :(

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2008, 12:01:26 pm »
Hi...I just joined a bit back (5 minutes ago).

I just joined mostly for help. I'm doing a ROM hack for CT (using it's engine to make a brand new game, as well as palette swapping characters [try palette 192 for Magus, it's pretty sweet]), and I need some help with it. I have played both games but never got around to beating CC because I lost my second disc and I was to lazy to find a ROM. :(

Welcome aboard! A ROM hack, eh? What kind of stuff do you got in mind?  :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2008, 02:51:44 pm »
Welcome!  The more MODs the better!  There's plenty around here that should help you.  There's modding tutorials and plenty of Chrono details - stats, characters, places, etc.  Obviously it's a compendium!  Hahahaha...  I crack myself up.

(Bad joke, I know...)

Anywho, best of luck and don't be afraid to ask for help!