Author Topic: Dalton of Zeal - Who Was He?  (Read 6704 times)

Andrelvis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Dalton of Zeal - Who Was He?
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2005, 02:04:09 pm »
Power does not corrupt, it only reveals your true self...

Lazarus Plus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2005, 02:35:02 pm »
That's a cop-out. That's suggesting that people don't change.

People DO change, and the influence of power can easily change a rational, stable person into a raving sociopath.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2005, 07:34:17 pm »
Power does not corrupt, it only reveals your true self...

That's a cop-out. That's suggesting that people don't change.

People DO change, and the influence of power can easily change a rational, stable person into a raving sociopath.

I respectfully side with the first. The corruption is only made manifest by the power, amplifying that which already exists. The stability is due to rationality, but we all know that when we become angry our reason seems to become irrelevant. Thus anger not cause a basic change, but simply triggers a darker aspect. A similar thing might be said of power, I think. Reason holds us in check, making us stable, but we all have irrationality within us, and power is just another thing that gives cause to throw away the trammels that bind one to reason. If things such as anger and love can bring one to behave irrationally, then I think power can, too.

WingedDestiny

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2005, 07:16:33 pm »
Is it possible that had Zeal had an army it would consist of monsters and summonables? Dalton himself seemed to be able to summon creatures to do his own dirty work, so I would think that should anyone try to rise up against Zeal others like him may have had the power to summon creatures to take care of the threat. Also, I think the only reason that noone rose up against Zeal was for the simple fact that she was the most powerful, magically, that no person could stand against her.