Author Topic: Crazy Ideas Thread (outdated)  (Read 29256 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Ideas Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2007, 08:30:10 pm »
I think we should make it a picnic/scenic hiking area. Maybe at some point in the game Lucca and/or Marle can have a little flashback to themselves as a kid. Probably Lucca since she has a little kid graphic when Marle and Crono don't.

Works for me, there could be a hidden path from the M. Fair that leads to this (it would be cut off until a certain point in the game). I could make a small forest and then maybe a cliff sort of like the West Cape. Pretty much the more we can flesh out storyline stuff the better. Yes, flashback sequences are very good, we should have quite a bit of them.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2007, 08:36:21 pm »
Okay. I've got ideas aplenty floating in my head for scenes like that so we won't have a problem, though I think we ought to keep them out of the main storyline, much like the sidequests are TECHNICALLY out of the main storyline, but actually still factor in to enrich the experience. In other words, enhancements to the character's backgrounds to make them richer characters without affecting the main story in any way.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2007, 08:41:52 pm »
Okay. I've got ideas aplenty floating in my head for scenes like that so we won't have a problem, though I think we ought to keep them out of the main storyline, much like the sidequests are TECHNICALLY out of the main storyline, but actually still factor in to enrich the experience. In other words, enhancements to the character's backgrounds to make them richer characters without affecting the main story in any way.

Cool. I I am open to any ideas to enrich the game.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2007, 08:47:50 pm »
When I'm finished with the main storyline, sidequest, and ending dialogue, I'll start laying down some outlines for various flashbacks. A few, such as one involving Robo, will go into the sidequest dialogue and thus will have their outline posted here, but most will go with the NPC dialogue, as I intend on using the NPC dialogue as somewhat of a miscenllanious dialogue list.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2007, 08:55:17 pm »
Sounds good. Heh heh. All those kids out there waiting desperately to play this have NO idea how much stuff we are really going to have done to this game.  8)

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2007, 09:01:12 pm »
No, they don't, but they will. Oho, they will.

In some ways I wish I wasn't working on it so I could see it all and be amazed and in awe of the new dialogue, but in most ways I'm glad I am working on it, because it's super-fun and will make many, many Chrono fans happy.

By the way, I think I've figured out how Lavos will speak to the group. He'll not say anything during the Ocean Palace incident, but when you finally confront him after going through the Black Omen/the bucket/whenever you encounter his shell after that incident, he will act as if humans are foolish creatures who do not understand his power. In essence he will act like an adult scolding children for rebelling against a parent when that kid doesn't understand what is good for him. I do have a somewhat basic framework for his dialogue style. Something like this:

"Why do you wish to fight me? You do not understand my power or my reason for being...I am greater than humanity. You should be happy...within me and my spawn, your DNA will exist forever. Humanity will exist forever. So why do you fight the inevitable?"

That is probably not the best example, but he speaks like that. He never taunts them, not once, nor does he act as if he enjoys killing or anything. He is confused and angry about their actions, though.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2007, 09:09:50 pm »
No, they don't, but they will. Oho, they will.

In some ways I wish I wasn't working on it so I could see it all and be amazed and in awe of the new dialogue, but in most ways I'm glad I am working on it, because it's super-fun and will make many, many Chrono fans happy.

I know exactly what you mean.

By the way, I think I've figured out how Lavos will speak to the group. He'll not say anything during the Ocean Palace incident, but when you finally confront him after going through the Black Omen/the bucket/whenever you encounter his shell after that incident, he will act as if humans are foolish creatures who do not understand his power. In essence he will act like an adult scolding children for rebelling against a parent when that kid doesn't understand what is good for him. I do have a somewhat basic framework for his dialogue style. Something like this:

"Why do you wish to fight me? You do not understand my power or my reason for being...I am greater than humanity. You should be happy...within me and my spawn, your DNA will exist forever. Humanity will exist forever. So why do you fight the inevitable?"

That is probably not the best example, but he speaks like that. He never taunts them, not once, nor does he act as if he enjoys killing or anything. He is confused and angry about their actions, though.

Perfect. How 'bout:
"Why do you wish to fight me? My power and reason for being are far beyond your carnal existance ...I am greater than humanity. You should be happy...within me and my spawn, your DNA shall last forever. Humanity will live in the eternal
splendor that it has yearned for. So why do you fight the inevitable?" Or ..."So why do you desire to challenge the inevitable... why do you wish to destroy your 'god'?"

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2007, 09:14:57 pm »
Yes, that works. A bit more formal and it's down perfectly. That wasn't actually a line anywhere anyway. But basically, Lavos is confused, doesn't understand them, and is angry at their ending his existance, hence the vow of revenge that appears during that brief sillouette scene. So, that's the tack I intend to take when I write his dialogue during the final battles.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2007, 09:28:59 pm »
Excellent. I always figured Lavos was some kind of deity or damn close to it and wanted to make him one.

Storyline Stuff:

Also, when making the Guru on Mt. Woe... dialouge for Giga Gaia? Also, dialouge for Sun of Sun? (He has got to be super-sentient).

Sidequests:
For Genocide Dome, we need a much longer discussion with Mother Brain.... and a Mother Brain dying(shutting down) scene. We also need to extend the sidequest so that after the machines shut down, you have to leave by walking out now and have to save the remainder of people that were being "processed". There could still be enemies (the rest of the robots come at you in hopes of trying to restore Mother Brain). Maybe an even tougher version of the R-Series comes at you on the way out? I always felt this area was designed very hallow -- even though it was one of the longest sidequests.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 09:34:37 pm by Zakyrus »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2007, 09:33:19 pm »
I take Giga Gaia and the Son of Sun to be more like magical creations guarding their respective prizes, though they can have a bit of dialogue warning away any visitors, something like the Guardian shouts out, maybe. At least with the Son of Sun anyway. Perhaps the Giga Gaia can be a bit sentient, enough to have a brief conversation. I hadn't really thought about it.

And we definitely need that for Genocidome. I was thinking about a major Robo flashback that he explains to them just before fighting Atropos, a bit about his life, why he was created, and all that. With the Mother Brain he and the Mother Brain can talk back and forth about what she originally was. Since I firmly believe the Mother Brain was merely a software program used in many other factories around the world and was simply the only one that survived the Day of Lavos, we can extrapolate based on that.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2007, 09:37:16 pm »
Also keep in mind for ANY area in the future that has working computers...
We should add computers with data (pretty much the future version of "history books")

Any area in 65,000,000 BC should have Reptile Heiroglyphs as writting in areas (and only Ayla can read them)

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2007, 09:43:12 pm »
Right, good idea there. The reptite stuff will have to be stone tablets of some sort lying around, so we'll need a new graphic for that. I would was that for the computers...one or two laying around in Trann Dome or Arris Dome that are working will suffice, as after all, three hundred years is a long time to go without maintenance for the computers to work so we can't have all the computers laying everywhere working, now can we?

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2007, 09:49:10 pm »
Right, good idea there. The reptite stuff will have to be stone tablets of some sort lying around, so we'll need a new graphic for that. I would was that for the computers...one or two laying around in Trann Dome or Arris Dome that are working will suffice, as after all, three hundred years is a long time to go without maintenance for the computers to work so we can't have all the computers laying everywhere working, now can we?

Yeah, I plan on adding a computer that is a trap and Laser Guards appear and attack you. (the trapped computer could be randomly one of a few computers on that screen) :) But most of the computers should be broken or malfunctioning.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2007, 10:00:42 pm »
Would that trap be in Genocidome? I don't see a computer trap making much sense anywhere else, personally.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2007, 10:03:31 pm »
Would that trap be in Genocidome? I don't see a computer trap making much sense anywhere else, personally.

Yeah.