Author Topic: Final Dungeon  (Read 1429 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Final Dungeon
« on: February 02, 2008, 05:04:57 pm »
Haha 0 downloads on my fun little experiment, guess no mardi gras release,

Oh wells time for the final dungeon!!! 

So any thoughts on what this place should look like?  Is it like a bunch of timelines mixed together?  Is it a desolate not inhabited place? 

I'm gunna try something cool with this place, I'm 90% sure that we can have 2 partys going through this dungeon simultaneously, Think FF6 final dungeon, They'll definately have to be seperate most of the time but can be on the same screen as long as we don't have too many more sprites with them (I'm gunna need your help with that chrono 99).  We'll overload R to switch between the two.

We can also try to have a little puzzle where you need to have a sprite follow you (Prophent's Guile style).

Anyways as always feedback is most welcome.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Final Dungeon
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 08:34:16 pm »
I'm working on the final dungeon, I opted for the black omen tileset, but I'm going to eventually have them walk through random timeline rooms

Top Left is entrance below those are the two lower paths off the entrance the top path leads to the big room.

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 12:44:37 am »
Okay, this idea just came to me.

Instead of wasting multiple maps to make this final dungeon. What if we combine the final rooms into one giant map?

I'll post an example in a minute.

EDIT:This is sort of what I was saying, but bigger and more detailed, with the ability to see the jumbledness around you, to give that sense that you really are in a dumpster of timelines.

EDIT2: Why don't I post the pics?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:12:05 am by nightmare975 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 12:28:38 pm »
OK, so are you saying that there's no scroll lock on the map and when they get to the edge of a "timeline" there's an exit that takes them to a location with the correct palette?  I really like that idea i wonder how smooth we can make the transition.  Like we might even be able to hide the transition with the "wobbly screen" affect.

EDIT: Nightmare I went ahead and added {13A} - {13C} and map 8 to the Change log

--JP
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 02:31:21 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 03:58:46 pm »
I'm working on the part of the final dungeon before the jumbled timeline part.  If you remember I wanted to do a thing where the party splits up in two a la FF 6.  I messed around with the timeline and got a few rooms of it, there's only going to be so many rooms where the party can actually see each other because of pallette issues but here's some of them. 

The bottom left is where they first split up, the first party has to step on the switch and it'll open up a bridge to the left room,

The bottom Right is a room where if both of them step on the switch a bridge will open and we can have an NPC cross that is needed to solve a puzzle

The top room is just a room where the Blue side is on top and the other one on the bottom.
I'm not sure If the top room is going to stay looking like that cause of priority problems.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 11:25:59 pm »
Here's a bit of an update for y'all .

I got the two parties going at a time.  Load up the patch run up go through the big room and in the room afterwards you should find a NU.  Talk to him and he tells you to put party one on the left and party two on the first three slots on the right, a change party screen comes up, and afterwards your second party shows up on the map. 

If you press R you can move around as party 2, press R again and you move around as party one.  The second party is still visible but I haven't put any text for talking to them yet.  Next up 2 party puzzles.

With this and the blackjack/Auction/Roulette/Shooting Gallery Crimson Echoes is definately starting to get a nice unique feel to it!

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 06:46:31 pm »
Just another quick update before the weekend.  I got some rooms done for the red and blue rooms.

--JP

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 07:51:38 pm »
I really like the palette.  But all the rooms seem a tad bit bland.  Then again, this is probably beta.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 10:13:35 pm »
Filled up map 8. Will upload it after my head stops hurting.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 12:37:09 am »
Thanks for the feedback, it's definately beta but I want it to be a "good beta" haha.

Looking forward to seeing it nightmare.

--JP

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 01:04:59 am »
Okay, Now that I've cleaned them up and added some more junk to them, I present to you...

The Mash up of Time!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 01:05:37 am »
Mash up of Time pt2

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 01:12:39 am »
Oh Wow, Fantastic Job Nightmare. 

If we can get the .flux file I'll add it to the rest of the dungeon.  I'll put a teleport after the split party sequence of the final dungeon leading to the Mashup Of Time.  And the teleport to the final boss can be that south west room. 

Does anyone wanna do the Final Room of the Final Dungeon, I'm not sure what direction we should take it, more crashed timelines.....somewhere dangerous......somewhere freaky.....the blue swirly thingy we fight lavos at?

--JP

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 12:47:14 pm »
Does anyone wanna do the Final Room of the Final Dungeon, I'm not sure what direction we should take it, more crashed timelines.....somewhere dangerous......somewhere freaky.....the blue swirly thingy we fight lavos at?

I had this idea of fighting at the ruins of Lenee Square, kinda like the Miguel fight in Cross.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 01:32:40 pm »
Ah,

It looks like I may have talked too soon.  The plot has this pretty well written out, with the end being them walking in a spiky area which turns out to be lavos Shell.

Also it looks like we need a few more mashups of time: 

* the bad 602 A.D. with the 3 Vanguard leaders;
    * the Reptite world with the 3 Xamoltans and the Vision Serpent;
    * the future of the Reptite world, with the discarded Lucca and Robo from Chapter 8;
    * the ruined 2300 A.D. of CT with Johnny and the discarded Mother Brain;
    * a glimpse of the new Zeal kingdom that was prevented in Chapter 21, with Sargon and Mystics living a happy life.

Or was this what you were thinking when you did the mash up?  If not I definately think we should add on to it (not replace it).

--JP