Author Topic: TK's Treasure Trove: A banner shoppe.  (Read 2834 times)

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
TK's Treasure Trove: A banner shoppe.
« on: February 07, 2009, 12:41:01 am »
So, apparently, I have a natural skill at making banners. So, without further ado, I decided to open a shop, even in the midst of all the hustle and bustle of the Temporal Odyssey RP and soon-to-be game in production. Anywho, I might as well lay out some rules on requests:

1. Only ONE request at a Time. Doing this gives me the change to make a banner better because I won't be overwhelmed by many orders all at once.
2. BE PATIENT! Making banners takes a while, and each one will be treated and pampered like a newborn infant. I don't want to drop it on it's head!
3. Be curtious and polite. Don't pester about late orders. All banners will be finished in Time. Besides, with only one banner order at a time, I think this rule will lay out very smoothly.
4. Thank you!

Now, to show you some examples of my works:

^Was made for Kara under PM request^

^An older banner of mine^

Now, please, if you will, feel free to request anything. All I need to know is what you want your banner to be of, and the text within it. The rest, I can handle on my own. If you don't know, or don't care what it is of, the say something you like (a character, something you know, etc). Other than that, the least I ca do is surprise you.

Oh, and one more thing. ALWAYS GIVE CREDIT! Credit is important, because it is sincere and honorable to give credit to the person that made something for you.

Now, feel free to request here or via the PM system.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
Re: TK's Treasure Trove: A banner shoppe.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 12:58:55 am »
TK; these are great! Can I request for one? I would like the text to be
Hyperactive Nerd
with the Epoch, a clock, and a green background. And whatever cool effects you can think of. Please, and thank you.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 01:00:33 am »
Aye, sure thing, my friend. Check back here regularly to see if this post is edited with your banner.

Remember, credit and patience!

EDIT: Banner Finished.

Hypernerd, your banner is complete! It looked much better without the clock, because the clock make the background look messy and distracting. I think it looks just fine without. If you don't like it, however, I am obliged to make you another one. *nods and chuckles*

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 01:39:08 am by Temporal Knight »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 01:45:52 am »
Thanks! I really like it! I'm going to force Asafigow to get you to make one for him tomorrow, they're that awesome!

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 01:47:11 am »
I'm pleased that you like it. It does me good to know that I can further contribute to my friends and fellow members. *chuckles heartily*

How did I know you were going to do that? *laughs*

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's the middle of the story, go crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 02:06:37 am »
Ugh! How do I get the banner into my signature box?!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 02:14:12 am »
Copy the image's location, paste it in, and add the image tags like you would for a post.

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 02:28:02 am »
I get the copy/paste thing, but image tags? What? (Don't you remember, I'm not that internet savvy)

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 06:13:56 am »
I get the copy/paste thing, but image tags? What? (Don't you remember, I'm not that internet savvy)
[img](Paste image URL here ex "http://picturewebsite.com/picture.jpg")[img]

Except on the second [img] you type it as /img in the brackets.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 10:24:16 am »
Have we mentioned lately you're awesome, T.K.?

I'd like a banner for myself. Um... I'd like the image of Kid where she's coming to save Serge in Another world with that smirk of hers (when Serge is cornered by Karsh, Solt, and Peppor), whatever sort of layering over or under her, but I think it would be cool if only Kid was grayscaled. If possible. If not, that's okay. For text, can it be a faded 'I swear I will change the world'? Please and thank you. Don't worry, I'll put in credit.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 10:47:11 am »
Thanks for the assist, Capitan. :)

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 11:47:18 am »
I've done the image URL, but for some reason it won't let me paste. Am I doing it wrong?

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 11:55:26 am »
Are you entering the code properly? Make sure it's the right code, but without the space in the brackets of the last one. Also be sure you're entering the URL (the image location) of the image as opposed to the image itself. Include all parts of it. Right down to the http:// and such.

i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/SteelySheen/ikonit/nano25.png < - This does absolutely nothing for me.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/SteelySheen/ikonit/nano25.png < - Behold the auto link created by the inclusion of http://.

< - Behold! My sig pic. Feel free to quote this to show what the code itself looks like.

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 12:13:05 pm »
I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT...MANUALLY!!! I did copy, paste or anything easy like that. I wrote down the URL and then typed it in my Sig box and it worked! Igive created to Shadow, Tea and Fou, but mostly Tea and Fou for teaching me about URLs. I DID IT!!!

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 12:21:17 pm »
You're welcome, Asafigow. That's what friends are for, yes? If you don't want to input the URL manually, what you can do is right click with your mouse on the image and select 'Copy Image Location'. This will put the URL in your copied space, so when you select 'Paste' from edit in your tool bar (or do like me and hit the Ctrl key with the letter V) you enter into a text field (what you type in) the URL of the image. When you select 'Copy Image', you enter the image itself into the copied space. When you paste it into a text field on the internet, more likely than not nothing happens. When you copy it into a Microsoft Word document, it sticks the image there. When you paste it into an imaging program (MSPaint, Photoshop, etc.), the image itself goes there.

Be warned, though. Some images are transparent and MSPaint doesn't read transparencies. It automatically turns the transparent parts black. And that messes with any black in the image. And that's your imaging advice for the day. Feel free to PM me for more.

Um... yeah, already put in my request.