Author Topic: Chrono Cuts music CD commencing!  (Read 5109 times)

Jazz Paladin

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Visit Jazz Paladin Productions on Facebook!
    • View Profile
Chrono Cuts music CD commencing!
« on: June 20, 2016, 05:02:57 pm »
As I wrap up my latest production (Jazzyvania : Symphonies of the Knight), I can now officially say that I am ready to move on to my next production.

I am officially dubbing this project "Chrono Cuts". At this moment, I am envisioning this to be the largest production that I have ever worked on, and as such, I am quite giddy.

In summary I expect this to be around 80 songs from Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. Although I had originally estimated a release year of 2017, this may end up being 2018 depending on the circumstances, as this is quite a huge undertaking given my preference to use real instruments as opposed to samples as much as I can.

Ideally speaking, I would like for this to be released on CD as well as the more modern digital formats. However, this does mean rather steep licensing costs, which I anticipate to be an excess of $10,000 USD if I am successful. Rather than clogging this message with the messy details of production, I will just leave this particular aspect contained to the following link, where you can look at a more comprehensive explanation if so desired :

http://www.jazzpaladin.com/?p=100

Alternatively, I may just release the music in small digital waves (Chrono Cuts volume 1, 2, etc...) as a means of funding the CD's gradually. I am undecided in the meantime as to whether or not the CD's are even a viable option for me, as much as I would like to be able to produce these. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the idea hiring an artist to produce a full-scale art book or some such thing, but the costs are indeed very inhibiting.

I am not a fan of Kickstarters for my own work (see notes in above link for a detailed explanation), but if you want an idea of what this project may sound like when completed, I highly recommend you check out my previous Chrono recordings on avenues such as iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, or even consider checking out the CD (First Journey : Video Game Grooves) that they derive from.

Jazz Paladin -- Corridors of Time
Jazz Paladin -- Schala's Theme
Jazz Paladin -- Gato's Song

Here we go! Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:09:18 pm by Jazz Paladin »