Author Topic: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!  (Read 14437 times)

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2009, 03:00:32 am »
im in the +10 gmt time zone im free most of the time except  when people dont dump there crappy dinosaurs on me or im reading manga or watching anime XD should see my list its huge heres the link to my manga http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Protoculture pretty intense huh

any way i was thinking of a Chrono trigger meets dbz story with all the mains in it

-----------------------just dont have a story because im sober

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2009, 11:10:46 am »
Alrighty then!

Concept:

This is the ruined timeline where Crono had died and Lavos's chaos towards 1999 AD was imminent. The cause of apocalypse is unknown to humanity and a prophecy is told by a Mystic that the pet of Magus shall rise again to achieve its vengeance. The Day of Lavos is beckoning the annihilation of all life. Soldiers from all over the planet prepare for apocalypse, only to fail miserably.

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2009, 11:25:51 am »
So are we doing a serious storyline or a bunch of shorts, then?

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2009, 05:24:40 pm »
:lol: Don't think about art YET, because we need to finalize the story first. Let's see how this would go.

3) Storyboarding
4) Character designs
5) Manga sketches/scans
6) Photoshop-ping
7) Windowshopping (hey, everyone's gotta take a break!)

I could do this! I love designing characters!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 05:28:48 pm by Katie Skyye »

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2009, 09:18:27 pm »
So are we doing a serious storyline or a bunch of shorts, then?

Shorts for now.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2009, 03:50:57 am »
^^ Make yourself at home! We'll need a lot of designers.

What's wrong with everyone else? I thought there were quite a lotta people interested in joining and yet nobody has even started racking their brains for a good story?

Come on, start brainfarting!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2009, 08:03:24 am »
That's usually what happens with any fan project unfortunately. You need a strong leader who does half the work himself/herself and pushes the others forward, or else the project will dwindle until it dies. Maybe it's a variant of the bystander effect or something.

For the record, CE would have died after the first demo if Agent12 hadn't essentially taken over the project. (I wonder where the directors of the demo have gone >_>)

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2009, 10:27:30 am »
^^ Make yourself at home! We'll need a lot of designers.

What's wrong with everyone else? I thought there were quite a lotta people interested in joining and yet nobody has even started racking their brains for a good story?

Come on, start brainfarting!

I have a few ideas in the mix. I already submitted two before. I was think we could also do a Leena and Lisa centered one. Leena didn't get much character devlopment (I know who did thee diffrence is as you fight her father and she is serge's girlfriend she should have!) and Lisa coems off as her friend+rival type. I think it could be funny and cute. Maybe it could be those two hanging out around Termina.

That's usually what happens with any fan project unfortunately. You need a strong leader who does half the work himself/herself and pushes the others forward, or else the project will dwindle until it dies. Maybe it's a variant of the bystander effect or something.

For the record, CE would have died after the first demo if Agent12 hadn't essentially taken over the project. (I wonder where the directors of the demo have gone >_>)
Hmph! EVERYONE GET IN THE SPIRIT OR YOUR OFF THE TEAM! If you are just gonna give up then you should leave now!

That's it I expect everyone who has joined or wants to join to submit at least two story ideas or they are off the team!

Hmmm perhaps we could meet between 11:00AM - 2:00PM (GMT-05:00) This may give everyone a chance to show up. I kinda have a bad grasp on time though so any suggestions.

That would be awesome. I still need you to submit at least two ideas. I want people to take this seriously.

Don't worry your ideas can be as silly or light hearted as you want.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2009, 11:06:57 am »

That would be awesome. I still need you to submit at least two ideas. I want people to take this seriously.

Don't worry your ideas can be as silly or light hearted as you want.

Allright, well I don't really know anything about Chrono Cross yet, but I had this idea for a psuedo-Cinderella knockoff featuring a Naga-Ette. It would be about the group of baddies who FIRST kidnaps Queen Leene, and one of the Naga-Ettes is sent to the castle to spy on everyone there. (they can shapeshift, so...)
This is actually a story I've thought a lot about, and that was just the bare bones, but I've got the characters and events thought out, as well. Basically there's the Naga-Ette (Ella, to fit the Cinderella theme), her sisters, the disguise teacher, Ozzie, Slash, Flea, and a minor appearance from Magus(considering that kidnapping the Queen is an important mission, he'd want to at least oversee who was being sent on the recon), The Chancellor/Yakra, the castle servants, and the other monsters in the Cathedral...
So Naga-Ella is found to have the most realistic disguise of all the other monsters, so she's chosen to infiltrate the castle as a maid and spy on the queen. But she finds out that the humans are nicer to her than the Mystics were and wonders if she should go through with the plan...she ends up continuing the plan anyway(Yakra/Chancellor is obviously breathing down her neck, so that would pressure her into doing something), but later defects from the Mystic army and decides to anonymously aid the humans (which is only mentioned...that part of the story wouldn't be drawn/written, just mentioned)

Another idea...hm...I'll have to think on that. I could elaborate (more than I already have) of the idea above, but I'm typing up my final project for something else right now as well, so I'll do it later.

I'll come up with another idea later, too.

I don't know why I said that twice.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:04:15 pm by Katie Skyye »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2009, 03:31:59 pm »
2 ideas, huh...

1) choose a character (good or bad, it doesn't matter as long as it isn't Lavos) from the series, but in the end of the story, the character has to die or at least become an utter failure at what they're trying to accomplish and every story would end with those words all Chrono fans dread, "But the future refused to change"...

2) Schala's wacky adventures walking down train tracks, staring into pools of water and walking through Tokyo. She never knows what time it is unless she learns/knows how to read the sun (which she doesn't) on account of her effing up clocks all the time. Hijinks ensue, naturally...

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2009, 06:07:00 pm »
All right, another idea...

Remember when Gaspar said there had been other time travelers randomly ending up at the EoT? It could be a short story about a separate group meeting Crono and Co. at the EoT.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2009, 06:27:01 pm »
Wow Katie that one with the Nage-ette sounds...good. Perhaps that should be one of the longer ones. I personally think we should do it. We will however wait untill the weekend to decide.

2 ideas, huh...

1) choose a character (good or bad, it doesn't matter as long as it isn't Lavos) from the series, but in the end of the story, the character has to die or at least become an utter failure at what they're trying to accomplish and every story would end with those words all Chrono fans dread, "But the future refused to change"...

2) Schala's wacky adventures walking down train tracks, staring into pools of water and walking through Tokyo. She never knows what time it is unless she learns/knows how to read the sun (which she doesn't) on account of her effing up clocks all the time. Hijinks ensue, naturally...

the first one might be interesting, I think it would be more interesting if it was a good character. Maybe we could do one where Fiona and Marco if the party never showed up. They go down to fight the creature themselves out of desperation and get killed trying to save the forest. I say this becuase I have two awesome images in my head. One Fiona crying in Marco's arms when he gets home well standing over a dying sapling and "but The Future refused to change" over a picture of the desert.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2009, 06:38:53 pm »
I can definitely see Marco try something like that. He did fight as a soldier in the Mystic War.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2009, 07:21:32 pm »
Wow Katie that one with the Nage-ette sounds...good. Perhaps that should be one of the longer ones. I personally think we should do it. We will however wait untill the weekend to decide.

Aww, thanks a lot! ^^ I got the idea because a lot of the Mystics disguise themselves--but the Naga-Ettes are really the first ones you find, because of the whole Cathedral thing.

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2009, 12:02:04 am »
We could do a small series about what would have happened to every character if CT had never happened. E.g. Frog never gets redeemed, Magus gets killed by Lavos, etc.