Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 199640 times)

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1575 on: February 22, 2010, 03:56:36 pm »

:x

Stupid, stupid, stupid!  

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep is coming to the US, but ONLY for the PSP.  (I own a DS and an Xbox 360.  Go figure...)

I really love the series.  It's one that I can actually look forward to having and playing, especially since I played the first two Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days.  But come on!  JUST the PSP?  I seriously thought they'd go for the PS3, making the cutscenes THAT much cooler!

I guess Squeenix put it up for a PSP release seeing how its parent, the PS3, has worse sales.  At least they have THAT much common sense to follow the platform market.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:50:53 pm by GenesisOne »

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: February 22, 2010, 05:41:49 pm »

:x

Stupid, stupid, stupid! 

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep is coming to the US, but ONLY for the PSP.  (I own a DS and an Xbox 360.  Go figure...)

I really love the series.  It's one that I can actually look forward to having and playing, especially since I played the first two Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days.  But come on!  JUST the PSP?  I seriously thought they'd go for the PS3, making the cutscenes THAT much cooler!

I guess Squeenix put it up for a PSP release how its parent, the PS3, has worse sales.  At least they have THAT much common sense to follow the platform market.

PSP sales have dropped tremendously. They would have been better off going to the PS3 or Wii. I feel those crowds would pick the game up.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1577 on: February 22, 2010, 06:50:04 pm »
Maybe they'll do what they did with CoM (and every other Square licensed game)? "Enhanced port". Though I can't claim to be much of a KH fan, this is only because I haven't played them (apparently anyway, by what everyone always tells me)...I don't much like Disney and besides Shadow & Setzer I don't much like Nomura...but I have played CoM (the pre RE version) and besides most of the game being stagnant and samey (and overall tremendously easy) there were a few really rapid-fire, trigger-happy (well, they would have been if I weren't emulating...or I guess if I had a controller for my computer or something...w/e...>_>) boss fights that made me remember that card battles don't have to be boring (though I guess I pretty much already felt that way with the Battle Network series...)...

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 23, 2010, 01:46:10 am »
Jesus Christ, that's idiotic. Are they trying to put places like Gamestop out of business? I mean, they only have an equal amount of NEW games as well as old games.

lol I dont see the point of buying second hand.. you usually save like 3 or 4 buck in ebGames... It's kind of bullshit... I don't know how is on America in Gamestop though

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: February 23, 2010, 02:04:30 am »
I very rarely have any problem with a used game, and it can knock a price down form 50 to 30 easy.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #1580 on: February 23, 2010, 03:45:53 am »
Jesus Christ, that's idiotic. Are they trying to put places like Gamestop out of business? I mean, they only have an equal amount of NEW games as well as old games.

Game publishers hate the used game market, and particularly the efforts of retailers to push used games on people, because the publishers don't see any money from used game sales. Although that's somewhat tangential, isn't it? I don't think Game Stop really sells many PC games. It has been a while since I've been in one though, so I could be wrong about that.

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 23, 2010, 11:36:54 am »

Game publishers hate the used game market, and particularly the efforts of retailers to push used games on people, because the publishers don't see any money from used game sales. Although that's somewhat tangential, isn't it? I don't think Game Stop really sells many PC games. It has been a while since I've been in one though, so I could be wrong about that.
I used to work at Gamestop, and we had plenty of PC games. They were just all in a small area.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1582 on: February 23, 2010, 07:43:50 pm »
I don't think I would mind too much if places like Gamestop went out of business...I mean, with these here internets of ours, we have direct access to the gaming companies, right? So they should be giving us incentives to buy directly (the only people that usually care about the middle man are middlemen)...free shipping, discounts, maybe a free DLC or something...And they should ALSO buy their games back. That way they'll still get money if we buy their used games (though I assume their used games will still cost more than any retailers' used games, I'll feel good inside knowing I helped a company I like...that is, if I'm buying a game from a company I like...>_>)...or do they all already have online stores? >_> <?)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 07:45:21 pm by V_Translanka »

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: February 27, 2010, 02:11:29 pm »
Woo! Mega Man 10 on monday! Anyone else excited?

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 27, 2010, 04:56:18 pm »
Only if they do it right and give Megaman at least the slide.  The charge shot I'm fine without.  But the slide I want.  It's kind of become one of my pet peeves about the obsession with Megaman 2 and Capcom went way out of their way to make it obvious who they're trying to appeal too. 

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #1585 on: February 27, 2010, 08:05:09 pm »
Only if they do it right and give Megaman at least the slide.  The charge shot I'm fine without.  But the slide I want.  It's kind of become one of my pet peeves about the obsession with Megaman 2 and Capcom went way out of their way to make it obvious who they're trying to appeal too. 

Play as Protoman.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 28, 2010, 03:31:35 am »

Play as Protoman.
That's exactly what I mean.  They do it right with Protoman giving him a slide and even a charge shot.  If they're going to make it go back to Mega man 2 style at least make it universal for the game.  I mean if they gave it to him why did they bother not giving it to Mega man?

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: February 28, 2010, 07:02:42 am »
9 days till final fantasy 13 !!!
Whose excited ?! I AM !!

Other than that , bought blue dragon plus the other day (bit late) I find it much better than the original

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 01, 2010, 01:08:38 am »
9 days till final fantasy 13 !!!
Whose excited ?! I AM !!
*crickets chirping*

I've not had that much time lately, so I've been sticking to pick-up stuff.  Mostly New Super Mario Bros - one of the better surprises of the last year or so for me, nice to see a return to side scrolling with some reference to the old games.

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 01, 2010, 11:51:47 pm »
Beat Mega Man 10 earlier today. Definitely a good one.