Author Topic: if chrono break ever existed...  (Read 4350 times)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
if chrono break ever existed...
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 09:05:34 pm »
Plus they're powerful enough to defeat godlike entities from space, and would thus be totally unfun to play.

knightx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 03:16:08 am »
a new enemy could strip them of there magic and power 4 a whole new adventure.a 3D remake of Trigger would be great so far these fan made games look like ther gonna rule.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 12:46:06 pm »
One of these days, while playing DQVIII, I started wondering how would Trigger look-like in the PS2, with cel-shading graphics and all... And started having chills at the spine :~ Hope this remake happens someday... At PS3/Rev maybe... Dreaming won't kill ><

knightx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 01:18:00 pm »
Quote from: cupn00dles
One of these days, while playing DQVIII, I started wondering how would Trigger look-like in the PS2, with cel-shading graphics and all... And started having chills at the spine :~ Hope this remake happens someday... At PS3/Rev maybe... Dreaming won't kill ><

That what a lot of Trigger fans have said but the chances of it happning r slim to none but dreamin don't kill.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 07:44:54 pm »
Trigger already had a remake. Why do we need two?

knightx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 11:46:03 pm »
maybe to see the game in a new light or to get a longer game. i would like it cause it was the game that got me into RPGs i would like to see it reborn 4 todays gamers and just 2 see what it would look like Cross was good but just 2 many PCs 4 my tastes. But it want happen SE doesn't seem 2 interestend in it right now mayby in a few years.

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 12:24:41 am »
No, a remake, not a port, Aura.

I would not be happy with a cel-shaded remake. CT deserves quality, 3D, somewhat-cartoony graphics like CT: R had in mind. I just don't feel cel-shading would do it justice.

JoeC_1234

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 01:05:52 am »
Chrono Brake would most definitely have time standing still at one point or another. It would make sense fromt eh perspective of the title.

knightx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 04:05:01 am »
Quote from: Mystik3eb
No, a remake, not a port, Aura.

I would not be happy with a cel-shaded remake. CT deserves quality, 3D, somewhat-cartoony graphics like CT: R had in mind. I just don't feel cel-shading would do it justice.

a total over haul on Trigger would be cool but u would need 2 add to the story or it would just end up being 2 short that was the only thing i didn't like about Trigger it was over way 2 fast And Cross just had 2 many PCs i think some posted that there 40+ in Cross.3D is what i think a Trigger remake should be and mayby give u a choice of having Crono Talk or Not 2 have him talk would add replay but thats just my thoughts on it.

cupn00dles

• Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 08:30:17 am »
Another thing that a remake could do would be minimize some small little plot holes, if they were plot holes at all, that is  :roll: Things such as the Sea of Eden (the original, that later would become the el nido archipelago, without the islands created by FATE) could be put on the map among other little touches that would possibly adjust the game even more for the creation of Chrono Break XD

And before saying anything I`ll wait and see how cel shaded games will look at PS3... Although I think that cel shading probably has some serious limitations to it...

knightx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 10:56:28 am »
true all the things left unsaid or done could finally be addressed in a remake.thought this has bugged me 4 awhile and someone might have posted and answer long before i joined but if el nindo was a resulte of the chronopolis being sent back in time why didn't anyone ever talk about it in trigger? i know that sounds stupid but it just bugges the hell outta me.
Sorry if  the answer 2 my question was posted already.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 11:53:50 am »
Quote from: knightx
true all the things left unsaid or done could finally be addressed in a remake.thought this has bugged me 4 awhile and someone might have posted and answer long before i joined but if el nindo was a resulte of the chronopolis being sent back in time why didn't anyone ever talk about it in trigger? i know that sounds stupid but it just bugges the hell outta me.
Sorry if  the answer 2 my question was posted already.

Because Chronopolis doesn't exist until you defeat Lavos (the villagers might begin to speak about El Nido after the game, and Crono and co. would go "WTF is El Nido?!").

knightx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 02:29:47 am »
ok thanks just need that cleared up.

UraRenge

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 04:18:03 am »
Quote from: Sentenal

Your wrong.  In Trigger, you Trigger a major change in time, Lavos' defeat.  That the consept of CT.  In Cross, you Cross dimensions.  Thats its consept.  It will be the same with Brake/Break.  Sure, there were objects called the Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, but thats hardly relavant to what were saying.

If it goes like that, then I wonder what it would be a Brake/Break of?

Ya know, just because the rules of time travel never applied during Chrono Trigger, it doesn't mean that the heroes would get off scoff-free.  I always figured that in Break/Brake, the repercussions of time-traveling would start affecting the world (ya know, in the negative ways that the game decided wouldn't happen), and you have to back in time (again) to set things right.

If that turns out to be the plot (or somewhere along this), then would Crono and the gang have to kill their past selves (with the possible exception of Magus, since he was an optional character) in order to keep them from killing Lavos and changing history, even though it would cause them to cease to exist?  It would be wierd to have a final battle in which you are fighting to stop the thing you originally believed was right (then again, Golden Sun did the same thing, cept without the time-travel)

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 06:38:40 pm »
Um...Chrono Trigger did go by the laws of Time Travel, and Chrono Cross was the adventure of cleaning up Chrono Trigger's messes.