Author Topic: Lost Sanctum and that Black Nu(spoilers maybe)  (Read 5461 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Lost Sanctum and that Black Nu(spoilers maybe)
« on: December 09, 2008, 02:42:08 pm »
Well, if you defeat the Nu who guards Mt. Emerald in 6500 0000 B.C., it saids it will win next time and starts practice in that mountain.Eventually, you meet it again in 600 A.D. It has become a black Nu...

Robo: Only a few moments may have passed for you, but I have been waiting for 400 years.
Nu: Shut up, I have waited for 6500 0599 years!

Doesn't that mean a Nu can live for  tens of millions of years? It's quite awesome...

But wait, the village in Lost Sanctum doesn't change much when you reach 600 A.D., well, if a civilization stays the same for tens of millions of years, that is unimaginable.

In one of those quest, you build a ladder in 6500 0000 B.C., and it is still there in 600 A.D...how sturdy are those vines.

Maybe time flow in that sanctum is slower than outside?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:52:49 pm by utunnels »

Umaro

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Sanctum and that Black Nu(spoilers maybe)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 02:53:24 pm »
But wait, the village in Lost Sanctum doesn't change much when you reach 600 A.D., well, if a civilization stays the same for tens of millions of years, that is unimaginable.

In one of those quest, you build a ladder in 6500 0000 B.C., and it is still there in 600 A.D...how sturdy are those vines.

Maybe time flow in that sanctum is slower than outside?

The vine thing bothers me as well, but I excuse it for the sake of gameplay.

Seeing as it's a a shrine or a sacred place, hence "Sanctum," that probably has something to do with how little the place changes. The Reptites, more than likely, have tried to preserve it as best they can and not deviate from their ancient lifestyle.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 03:03:06 pm »
The sanctum appears with the black Omen, that's also strange, I don't know the relationship between them, but the sanctum only exists in 600 A.D. and 6500 0000 B.C.,  unlike the Black Omen which exists in the whole time line.

Its appearance looks like some sort of gate, similar as those time votices.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 03:12:33 pm »
I don't think the Lost Sanctum has anything to do with the Black Omen. Remember, after the Black Omen rises all sidequests become available. But none of the sidequests have anything to do with the Black Omen. The Lost Sanctum, is after all, a sidequest as well. I think they just thought that was the best place to put it.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 03:17:51 pm »
Or maybe a harsh work... those quests are quite annoying, most of them are item-finding/fetching jobs.
So mabye they didn't consider 6500 0000 years is a period too long.

But this explanation is really disappointing.

Jarristopheles

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://endgamermag.com
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 05:37:03 pm »
LS had some great items to give, but honestly, I think it was put in poorly for extra gameplay.  I did not have Robo in my team, so I did not catch that conversation, but if what you put down is accurate from the game, it makes the LS even more crappier story wise.  Why?

They had enough time to build a gigantic tower as a shrine to the heroes with huge statues that nobody could lift (so said Magus or Glenn in my party), but, as like someone said earlier, there was absolutely no development at all in the town.  I think it was just the developers being lazy, to tell you the truth.  However, in 600 A.D., the southern area changes as well as, like the lizard said in B.C., they will block off the area in the cave so no monsters could attack the villagers, and that did happen.  The mountain is still the same, but again, that must had been a pretty awesome vine as well as the others that managed to make it through all of those years that did not need to be replaced.  When you first enter the A.D. LS, the chief lizard tells the villagers that these are the walking talking apes among our legends, so I will assume time passes regularly, but there is absolutely no way to prove it, which leads to just more pointless speculations. 

I am about to start my third time through the game, so I will see if I can find any more hints, if there are any.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 05:40:02 pm by Jarristopheles »

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 08:31:04 pm »
The Tyrano Lair/Giant's Claw survives the ages pretty well, for having a meteor (Lavos) come crashing down onto it, and being buried for millions of years. The Sun Shrine doesn't change that much either.

Yes, I know it's just a cave. Humor me a little.  :lol:

Robo: Only a few moments may have passed for you, but I have been waiting for 400 years.

This exchange doesn't occur in the game, to my knowledge. :wink:

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 11:41:28 pm »
The Tyrano Lair/Giant's Claw survives the ages pretty well, for having a meteor (Lavos) come crashing down onto it, and being buried for millions of years. The Sun Shrine doesn't change that much either.

Yes, I know it's just a cave. Humor me a little.  :lol:

This exchange doesn't occur in the game, to my knowledge. :wink:

I think is more to represent the Nu's loooooooong life. (And patience. Wow, that guy sure waited a lot.)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 07:29:57 pm »
It also just seems to be a special Nu (called a "Guardian Nu" in 65,000,000BC...and a "Nu Master" in 600BC)...It kind of makes for an interesting case that perhaps the Nu weren't created by the Gurus if they exist in whatever Reptite dimension the Lost Sanctum exists within...

Quote from: Magus
I've not seen this place before.
Is this a world apart from our own?
Perhaps a different dimension altogether...
There may be some value in knowing.

That's what Magus says upon entering the Lost Sanctum...

I didn't so much mind the fetch quest aspect of the Lost Sanctum so much as the horrid layout of Emerald Mountain...Who lays bridges & ladders so haphazardly like that?? It's like someone wanted to create the most roundabout way to get to the top...>_>

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 08:53:26 pm »
Well, it could have been worse. They could have filled the whole thing with fifty battles that can't be bypassed.  :lol:

I forget if this is true for the initial stroll up the mountain, but in the later treks there are only two unavoidable battles per trek, either up or down. It's a little obnoxious climbing up and down fifty times; but each climb, in and of itself, isn't too time consuming.

mikeb123

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 09:27:17 pm »
It kind of makes for an interesting case that perhaps the Nu weren't created by the Gurus
I thought Nus originated before Zeal because of the one in the hunting grounds in 65,000,000,000 B.C.
Then again, it was only one, so it could have stumbled into a time warp. Those Nus and their crazy situations :lol:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 10:47:46 pm by mikeb123 »

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 12:16:39 am »
Are you sure there's only one n 6500 0000 B.C.?
You can meet him twice in battle if I recalls. And what about the one that can rename your charactrers?
Or maybe they are the same Nu.

------------
Oh, maybe you were talking about the on in LS?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 12:35:31 am »
Well, the Guru/Nu Origin theory was sort of perpetuated by the fact that Belthasar's is clearly or at least partially inorganic in construct...It was hypothesized that the Nu are found throughout time by means of Belthasar's own temporal experiments (basically the Nu=time travel guinea pigs)...It's also odd to note that the one in 1000AD in the pyramid seemed like it had the ability to travel forward in time (saying that it was time to meet Belthasar or w/e and then disappearing)...

Also, it's possible that there is only one Nu in 65,000,000BC since I believe the one in the Hunting Grounds disappears once Lavos falls (& then the one in the Laruba Ruins that renames your characters & gives you a rock appears)...

But like I said, I don't think it really holds much water, especially with this new Nu...>_>

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 12:43:42 am »
 Arena in End of Time has those kind of young monsters for sale, you can send them to various time.
Maybe that's a crazy thought, but they look like Nu a lot.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 12:56:13 am »
I don't really count the Arena as canon I don't think...There's really no reference to it at all throughout the game...When & why do you even gain access to it? I forget...And you can get to it before you can even actually travel to it! O_o