Author Topic: Worst and best subject in school!!!!!  (Read 6409 times)

Nicole_Flesher

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Worst and best subject in school!!!!!
« on: August 04, 2006, 12:31:40 am »
my fav subject in school is history. I don't know what it is I find it facinating just to learn about countrys and the past. And my worst is math if it is just numbers and signs it's ok. But when you and formulas and letters i'm in a fanticy world...but i still try to do good it just complacated.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Worst and best subject in school!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 01:17:17 am »
English comes naturally to me. Mathematics could, but I tend to forget anything not needed for a test. Science would be on the low end fo the spectrum as well.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 01:29:34 am »
My best is usually Math and I do poor in English :x

Rat

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 02:17:56 am »
Best is English.

Worst, definately math.

Anyone ever take the ACTs?

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 03:56:42 am »
Well... best is probably... well, history, I suppose, if one considers Classics courses history. Though Latin Literature and the like could be nearer to English (ie. literature in translation.) I tend to do the best on those with, so far, rather minimal effort. Sciences I'm competent at, usually, but at higher levels am at best average - the last few years of Engineering proved this. I'm about the same in Mathematics, and I'd figure that anything over the 300 level would just go over my head, and I wouldn't have the capablity to learn correctly. English, well, I was good at it in High School (it was my best mark), but I've never had a true University English course. Judging by the outcome of various Classics courses which required papers and analysis of literature translated into English, I figure I'd do alright, just so long as it was done in the tradtitional manner (ie. not a 'how does this make you feel' sort of English class, but a concrete 'tell me what this means, the metaphors, similes, etc. and tie it into a cohesive essay.' That I'm good at.) So, long story short, I'm not terrible at anything but, in despite of my Engineering degree, I tend to be better, more natural and have more potential, at the arts. I think I'll go and take masters and PhD work in on some ancient topic, perhaps Epic.

But yeah, when ends come to it, I'm best at history (bloody good at remembering names and dates), and at literature. Oh, and maybe langauges, as well, judging by how my ancient Greek is going. Math and sciences are really lower on the spectrum, and require a lot more work for me. Any subjects I forgot about? Oh, yeah, art. Alright at that. Not a talented artist in the least, but I can draw alright if I have to - my sig is a painting I did. So, I think that sums everthing up. History + Literature - Languages - Sciences - Art - Math, probably.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 04:02:03 am by Daniel Krispin »

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 04:18:41 am »
(Darn that: doesn't this thing automatically protect against stupid people accidentially double-posting?)
Press delete button.

Hm, worst is definetely maths. Or science. I just don't try. PE too, same reason.
Best, English and History. I am also good at Art and Music, but I dropped it...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 04:29:26 am »
(Darn that: doesn't this thing automatically protect against stupid people accidentially double-posting?)
Press delete button.

I suppose this means that my worst subject is figuring out computer things, right? Darn - twice a fool! Thanks.

(I'd double posted, but it's gone now, thanks to Zeppelin)

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 04:40:56 am »
Press delete button.

I suppose this means that my worst subject is figuring out computer things, right? Darn - twice a fool! Thanks.

Now it's time for that cheque in the mail.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 04:43:41 am »
Press delete button.

Heh. I'm broke. Schooling and my trip to Europe this summer took a heavy toll. I should probably see about getting a job, eh?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 05:48:23 am »
Press delete button.

Heh. I'm broke. Schooling and my trip to Europe this summer took a heavy toll. I should probably see about getting a job, eh?
You better :P

Anyway, I wish we had Computer Media or something in school. That'd be sweet.

Nicole_Flesher

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 01:25:04 pm »
I'm in J.R.O.T.C this year. i'll probley do good in that subject....English is ok...Sciance has formulas no not real good. PE well free time from school work.....and lunch is that a subject well I get in trouble in lunch so not good eather. :lol:
AND THE WORST THING IS!!!
IN SECOND BLOCK FOR 1HOURE AND 35 MIN IM IN A CLASS WITH MAT SHOWDOWS
GUESS HOW MUCH TROUBLE WERE GANNA BE IN!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 02:43:05 pm by Nicole_Flesher »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 04:44:42 pm »
I know you won't believe it, but I am very good in Englishlessons, Math comes as a close 2nd. Yet I am totally unskilled in French(yeah, whatever reason) and I can hardly remember dates and names, but I am good at this discussing stuff(in most casus arguing that the teacher is wrong, only fun at school).

But I don't care about school(you know, it's like making a human the way you want him to be: learning and then working for you).

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 05:06:34 pm »
Actually, my absolute worst subject is, come to think of it, MecE 463 - Design of Heating and Ventelation Systems. I almost failed it twice, and only by asking the professor to pass me did I get a D the second time. It was tiring, and I just couldn't do well at it, though I studied more for it than anything else.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 09:27:00 pm »
I know you won't believe it, but I am very good in Englishlessons, Math comes as a close 2nd. Yet I am totally unskilled in French(yeah, whatever reason) and I can hardly remember dates and names, but I am good at this discussing stuff(in most casus arguing that the teacher is wrong, only fun at school).

But I don't care about school(you know, it's like making a human the way you want him to be: learning and then working for you).

I'm not suprised, your English is good.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 12:42:48 am »
I was good at the more literary aspects of English class, and I was the man at anything related to biology. Science in general I was good at, but biology was definately my stongest point. Math however, was not my forte, nor was history.