Poll

Who could challenge Crono and put up a decent fight, posssibly KO, Crono?

Link(Power of the Triforce?)
17 (20%)
Master Chief(Guns and guns galore?)
2 (2.4%)
Solid Snake(Stealthy tactics?)
2 (2.4%)
Cloud Strife(Massive compensating sword?)
9 (10.6%)
Sonic(Blue speed streak?)
1 (1.2%)
Pacman(Devourer of Everything?)
1 (1.2%)
Mario(Plumber on mushrooms?)
2 (2.4%)
Megaman(Lil boy blue + gun?)
1 (1.2%)
Darth Vadar(The power of the dark side?)
4 (4.7%)
Batman(The Dark Knight?)
3 (3.5%)
Chuck Norris(Roundhouse kick?)
4 (4.7%)
Bruce Lee(FLYING FISTS OF FURY?!!!!)
0 (0%)
Other(state whom)
23 (27.1%)
Samus(Gun Girl of God Level Yet Not God Level?)
4 (4.7%)
Goku(KA-ME-HA-ME-HA?)
6 (7.1%)
Monkey King(Stretch Stick and Acrobatics?)
0 (0%)
Harry Potter(Demented Wizard Boy?)
0 (0%)
Kefka(JUST Kefka, no statues...just the crazed clown?)
2 (2.4%)
Ryu(Breath of Fire, Turn Into Dragon?)
1 (1.2%)
Mecha Zangief(Zangief and Mecha?)
0 (0%)
Randi(Secret Of Mana?)
0 (0%)
The Player Who Can't Play(What are these controls, what is SNES, what am I?)
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Who is a worthy match for Crono?  (Read 47967 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Who is a worthy match for Crono?
« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2008, 09:36:01 pm »
Yes, Thor would do it, but I think we called no-God level characters some pages back...Though I'm not completely convinced he could do it against Samus...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2008, 12:28:07 am »
Yeah, Thor could definetly win and he might put up a decent fight as well.

But that makes me think now, Thor has some trouble with Hulk since the two have fought before and I have seen him actually get the crap kicked out of him by Spiderman before, so I have to wonder if either of them might be a chance for Crono?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2008, 02:14:07 am »
We went over Hulk, I'm pretty sure and Crono really can't do a thing about him...He's definitely god class level as well...Same with Superman...Spider-Man...I don't know if he could really go toe-to-toe with Crono...Maybe if he didn't know Confuse & Luminare because then he'd just be like Electro and I'd say Pete could take care of him handedly...but Spider-Man's not to good against people with magic...he usually falls back on help when things get super-natural on him...Dr. Strange would also put the smack-down on Crono...I'd call him god class too, myself though...

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2008, 02:38:15 am »
Crono would destroy Spider-Man I would think. Samus would have trouble with Thor since his hammer ya know absorbs energy.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2008, 02:46:30 am »
Here's some more:

Avalon (Infinite One) from Legaia 2: Dual Saga
Babi from Dragonball GT
Cell from Dragonball
Frieza from Dragonball
Goku (SS4) from Dragonball GT
Kil'jaeden from Warcraft
Melbu Frahma (Virage Embryo) from Legend of Dragoon
Sargeras from Warcraft
Super Android 17 from Dragonball GT
Tokimi from Tenchi Muyo!: Ryo-ohki
Tsunami from Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki
Washu (Chousin) from Tenchi Muyo!: Ryo-ohki

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 29, 2008, 03:13:24 am »
I'm pretty sure we went over Saijan's too (mostly that they'd be god level class as well)...I'm not too familiar with most of those...

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2008, 03:14:32 am »
Fudge......

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 29, 2008, 01:29:06 pm »
I'm not familiar with a lot of them, so when I'm done Christmas shopping I'll certainly look them up but as for the Dragonball characters, if Crono can go toe to toe with Goku as established earlier, then certainly those others from their universe would be obliterated. And how can you add Frieza and Cell but not Gohan or Trunks? Those two wiped the floor with Cell and Frieza. Plus I believe Buu is also more powerful than either of them, and we already established that... actually we didn't estalish anything about Buu. We merely talked about how he had a disturbing encounter with Pacman and others to birth Kirby. :shock:

:lol: So, how would Buu do? i think if we thought Crono would stand a chance against Goku(not winning though)then he could probably manage Buu. Assuming we're talking the big fat pink one like earlier.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2008, 02:14:43 pm »
Majin Buu would be god-like since he was made to destroy the gods themselves.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2008, 03:43:15 pm »
I don't really see Crono taking on the Dragonball universe...unless it was the early early years I just don't think he'd have much of a chance against most of them...He'd probably get to the semi-finals of the Budokai Tenkaichi and then some wacky mishap that occurs because he "doesn't speak" would bring his (2nd...3rd?) untimely doom. He's fast, but he's just not Saiyan fast...

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2008, 07:46:12 pm »
Not too mention he would die of old age before the 200 episode long fight ended.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2008, 08:01:01 pm »
Anyone else?
Also, sorry still didn't look them up yet. I thought I'd do my shopping that one day but apparantly it was today but at least I am all set.
So I thought of someone else,Ryu from Breath Of Fire? Any of them, but moreso the ones capable of turning into dragons of mass destruction. Numbers 1 and 2 seem to be the most powerful, and they have quite a load of skill.
And on top of that I think a pic of the two would look awesome.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 02, 2008, 04:22:40 am »
I thought BoF3 Ryu was just as powerful as those two and had some particularly bitchin Dragon transformations...BoF2 could kick some ass with the fusions with the Shamans...What was special about BoF1 Ryu? I don't even remember anymore (maybe I should replay sometime...V_V)...You might as well throw in Teepo & Rei from BoF3 too...though I guess Ryu is more powerful than Teepo, so there's no reason there...but Rei's psycho crazy form could be quite formidable...

I say some of the dragon forms of the Ryus could probably lay the smackdown on Crono (fly out of range of Luminaire anyways?)...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2008, 07:17:23 pm »
Yeah, they could smack him around big time.
BoF1 Ryu I say simply because unlike the others he actually fought the big bad villainess responsible for the crap in the majority of the series and whooped her ass! other than that he's just skilled with a sword.
BoF2 Ryu is very strong and could definetly deliver the smackdown, possibly(POSSIBLY keyword)the toughest one there is although 3 comes extremely close so I dunno. What i do know is BoF2 Ryu takes on a lot, and as strong as the third's dragons are, BoF2's Ultimate Dragon transformation is most probably the strongest dragon there is(if it isn't, then why would they call it the ultimate dragon?).
BoF3 Ryu is admittingly very powerful(although I don't like his look anywhere near as much as the others), and he is very berserk with some of them but I question if he's as tough as 2 since 2 has that ultimate Dragon as I already mentioned...
BoF4 Ryu compared to the last two? Strong, but to them he's a wuss.
BoF5 Ryu...

I cannot even begin to describe the anger I feel toward this one not only being nothing like any of the true ryus, but also his "Dragon form is him turning red all over, and pulling a Naruto Nine-tailed fox but in a panzyish way, and he has a sword. Plus the guy feels incredibly injured at what the others could handle easily!

Ooo, I was stabbed in the leg! First off the others dealt with much more extreme injuries than that and secondly I've been stabbed very badly before and i didn't bend down crying like he did, I freaking grabbed that thing and yanked it out. Course I got smacked down after that, but I didn't break down like that, I could take BoF5 Ryu excluding his dragon form!!!!

So yeah, 2 or 3 could do it. And hell that would also make one badass picture. Crono all red and Ryu all blue the two of them clashing swords while Crono has electricity around him and Ryu has fire around him. Sweeeeet...  8)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2008, 02:15:41 am »
Can I say that the Chrono Compendium as a whole could take on Crono?  Think about it... We know where to get all the best weapons and armor, we know how to get all the cool tech's, and we know everything there is to know about him and all his friends - even before he knows it.

Okay, so that probably doesn't count.