Author Topic: Villagers can finally say "Get out of my house!"  (Read 662 times)

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Villagers can finally say "Get out of my house!"
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:27:17 pm »
Thanks to this: http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4756/ctloc08b5ky.png :)

It's the exterior of a house made with an interior tileset. It comes out quite good :)

I don't think whole villages would be possible though, due to the lack of vegetation in the tileset, and because they're some issue with the geometry of the roof shadows on the ground (that's why I made the shadow on this one cut by the screen).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 07:30:10 pm »
(looks closer)

(looks closer)

um were putting this in the game

It could be a shout out to the crazy guy in FF6 maybe (gau's dad if I remember correctly)

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 07:33:37 pm »
Wow, that's extremely creative. I'm really glad now you're part of the team. Even if we can't utilize this as a full fledged village, it can be the site of a battle. And I suppose the shading really doesn't matter on the grass; it can all be one color (we'll just say its noon). But this is impressive.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Villagers can finally say "Get out of my house!"
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 04:10:39 pm »
Chrono 99' woul dit be possible for you to make a map with 4 of those and we'll call them "barracks".  Probably don't need the rug or flowers.  If it doesn't fit you can just use the top rectangle and not have therectangle that goes up and down.  We can use this as the "porre camp that they go to

--jp

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 06:08:43 pm »
Okay, I'll do it, it will probably not be that difficult. And I guess the lack of pretty-pretty grass will be good actually, since it's a military camp.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 06:16:53 pm »
Here is the map as promised. I used... er, wooden floor tiles for the walls (instead of rock walls), as I suppose the barracks are supposed to be temporary and quickly built.

Solidities are done also, but Priority must be put on "Yes" for the 2 roof tiles, so the characters are hidden when they walk behind the barracks. I don't think it's a problem for other maps, it seems those 2 tiles are used nowhere else! (if they are we would just have to change a few tile priorities on those other maps). The only other stuff that needs to be done is the door opening animation (I don't know how to do it so...).

Also if someone wants to add some chest(s) somewhere feel free.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 06:50:20 pm »
beautiful absolutely beautiful

I'll add this to the ROM once DDK is done editing

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 07:29:23 pm »
Chrono 99' what did this map use to be (what location was it) and what is the pallette and tileset that you prefer we use in the game?

--jp

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 07:37:14 pm »
This map was in Location 136, it was a corridor from the Black Omen. It's now the same tileset/palette as a 600 A.D. house (except for the 2 type of roof tiles that must be "prioritized").

(As for the interior of the barracks though, the 1,000 A.D. house tileset might be better, because it has nifty sword and knife tiles)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 06:35:11 pm »
Alrighty I handled the coding.  I threw together some quick "insides" for the bunkers (see the yay thread).  This location is pretty damn cool now.

--jp