Author Topic: Happily I returneth!  (Read 517 times)

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
Happily I returneth!
« on: September 03, 2007, 02:03:45 am »
Well, after a while of being on hiatus from CC, I happily return to you all.

And wahoo! I love the new spiffy look of the site and the board!!!   :D

Hope to be here at least once a week (my folks have been a pain lately and not letting me use the comp that much).

Silver

• Porrean (+50)
  • Resident Code Lyoko Nut
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt gallery
Re: Happily I returneth!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 02:12:47 am »
Well.  Welcome back, I suppose.   :D

Ramsus

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 02:26:38 am »
The site's layout isn't all that's new. As part of our newly established education reform policy, the Compendium now requires posting visitors to have taken a year of algebra, one year of geometry, a semester of trigonometry, one semester's credit of statistics, one year of physics, a year of chemistry, two years of English, and two years of history (either western or world, with pre or post-Civil War US history) at a high school level or above before participating in any serious discussion. College level credit is preferred.

Furthermore, analysis discussion will now require a bachelors or higher.

Please fax or mail a copy of your transcript(s) to Zeality or Lord J Esq for verification.

EDIT: Oh, and the commies took over the Chrono Compendium Discussion forum too. Before you know it, we'll be handing out badges and calling everyone heroes.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 02:37:08 am by Ramsus »

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 04:13:08 am »
Ramsus, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Ramsus, children's ice cream.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 09:03:28 am »
EDIT: Oh, and the commies took over the Chrono Compendium Discussion forum too. Before you know it, we'll be handing out badges and calling everyone heroes.
I guess we should change our name to the CCC now. I guess it'd be better than LJesqCC.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 12:33:26 pm »
Before you know it, we'll be handing out badges and calling everyone heroes.

YATTA!

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 03:04:21 pm »
The site's layout isn't all that's new. As part of our newly established education reform policy, the Compendium now requires posting visitors to have taken a year of algebra, one year of geometry, a semester of trigonometry, one semester's credit of statistics, one year of physics, a year of chemistry, two years of English, and two years of history (either western or world, with pre or post-Civil War US history) at a high school level or above before participating in any serious discussion. College level credit is preferred.
Sweet I Actually qualify.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 08:13:07 pm »
I totally have one, maybe two, of those qualifications...Although I failed algebra twice before actually getting through it...>_>

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 04:14:54 am »
Not good enough! *presses big red button which opens a trap door beneath V*

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 08:25:39 pm »
Well, hey, it's not like I'm a big contributer to the analysis forum anymore anyways...V_V Not that I used to be a big help or anything...

Silver

• Porrean (+50)
  • Resident Code Lyoko Nut
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 10:22:17 pm »

Furthermore, analysis discussion will now require a bachelors or higher.

Cute, Ramsus.  Real cute.  By those standards I shouldn't even be here.  I don't even have my Associates degree yet.  And I'm never taking another Chemistry class so long as I live.....

Ramsus

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 10:35:57 pm »
I just used a halved version of Oklahoma's standard high school graduation credit requirements.

Also, some barely relevant reading: http://paulgraham.com/colleges.html

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 04:47:19 am »
LOL... I actually qualify for nearly all of what you posted.

Chemistry was fun, especially the time I freaked out a teacher when I wrote out a big chemical diagram from memory - on one of those boards with the wipe-off markers. Since she already knew I'm a huge game/anime-nut, she'd stereotyped me as possibly not paying attention when the class was discussing diagrams. Boy did I show her.

And this reminds me of something that's been bugging me a lot of recent: how stupid most teens are lately. No offense to anyone here who's a teenager, but seriously - most teens don't know most of what teens were learning in school 10 or 20 years ago. It's like the schools decided to give up, and of course the fact that a lot of parents nowadays really suck at being parents. They treat school like it's a babysitter. UGH. How vexing.

*reads the latest news* GAH! If only my art skills were better and my scanner functioning, then I'd apply to be the concept artist for Chrono Crisis. *sigh* Oh well... hope someone badass signs up for the job. Oh, and if anyone is curious, you can see what little bit of art I've managed to put online.

http://kara-kazeneko.deviantart.com/