Author Topic: The Truth revealed: what is really delaying Chrono Break  (Read 6516 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
The Truth revealed: what is really delaying Chrono Break
« on: December 17, 2006, 06:32:28 pm »
Check this interview conducted with the Chrono Cross team (the intro and the last question on page 3, mainly):

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/402/402807p1.html

So, that's it...

Zealnote: It is made in 2003, which is sad. But still, Masato Kato wasn't even with SE again at that point, so things might be getting better. If Chrono Trigger performs well on the Virtual Console, it'll look great, so be sure to order CT when it is available.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 07:41:16 pm by ZeaLitY »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Re: The Truth revealed: what is really delaying Chrono Break
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 06:38:36 pm »
While I did play and enjoy FFXI, I would gladly take it back for another Chrono game. Too bad they can't do 2 things at once ; ; :(.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 07:25:25 pm »
My hate of MMORPGs has just exponentially grown.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 07:32:13 pm »
Ugh, I thought that article was recent...that sucks, it's three years old. We'll have to make IGN ask about Chrono again. If three years of nothing have passed, then things are grim.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 08:16:39 pm »
WTF!? Can't do three things at once my ass! They've been working on FFXI, FFXII and FFXIII for some time now! SE just doesn't want to make it. And you know what? I don't want to play their games.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 07:40:08 am »
WTF!? Can't do three things at once my ass! They've been working on FFXI, FFXII and FFXIII for some time now! SE just doesn't want to make it. And you know what? I don't want to play their games.
Huh?? The teams that work on these 3 games are all different ones. The FFXI team is directed by Tanaka (FFIII, SD2, XG, CC), the FFXII one was directed by Matsuno (FFT, VS) and replaced by someone else, and the FFXIII is directed by the infamous Nomura. We could at least be glad that the Chrono Break project is not being handed over to some other team (imagine Nomura directing it).

This being said, I think now we know why Kato is participating in low quality Mana half-baked games... he's just hanging around SE hoping for them to give him the greenlight for CB :(

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 01:47:02 pm »
There has to be something we can do. I think Crimson Echoes might be the ticket. If it really takes off and spreads virally, it might give things serious vigor. It'll be our duty to finish it.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 02:02:49 pm »
There has to be something we can do. I think Crimson Echoes might be the ticket. If it really takes off and spreads virally, it might give things serious vigor. It'll be our duty to finish it.

In a good way. Who knows, maybe you guys will be the saviour of Chrono? That would be such an honour.

Of course, I advise the always-great method of goin' all Rock Lee on this situation, and do whatever it takes to get Kato to spill the beans...

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 02:48:20 pm »
The FFXI players community should gather online and make virtual demonstrations in Vana'diel or something. That'd be funny, at least.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 04:45:29 pm »

In a good way. Who knows, maybe you guys will be the saviour of Chrono? That would be such an honour.

Of course, I advise the always-great method of goin' all Rock Lee on this situation, and do whatever it takes to get Kato to spill the beans...

The way is open if we can find someone who knows Japanese. I shouldn't and can't ask KWhazit to do this, so we need to find someone.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 07:50:35 pm »
I demand Yuuki Nobuteru reprises his role as character designer.

FUCK ALL WHO WANT AKIRA TORIYAMA.

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 12:26:23 am »
 Oh goodie. Another reason for me to hate FFXI. And FF in general.

If I could go back in time ten years (red gate FTW) and warn myself of how much I'd hate FF at this point in my life, the younger me would probably laugh and say "You're old and stupid."

~___~ Sad, sad, sad. Though I have to say--Chrono Break coming out is sort've a fear of mine right now. XD I want to finish Crisis first. It'd be HORRIBLE if we had to rewrite the WHOLE script to account for another game--and of course, another game will probably finish off the series anyway. XD

After Crisis--yeah. Then I'll be happy to play Break. XD Of course, I would have been happy to play it back in 03 too.

I demand Yuuki Nobuteru reprises his role as character designer.

FUCK ALL WHO WANT AKIRA TORIYAMA.

Give me Toriyama-sama or give me death. XD

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 09:15:29 am »
I thought FF series was bad then and thought couldn't get any worse.  Next thing you know BAM!!  Another FF game fucked over the whole Chrono Break deal ;/

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 09:29:43 am »
Personally, while I of course prefer Chrono over Final Fantasy, I must admit I'm getting more and more curious about this Final Fantasy XI. It's reminiscent of FFIII, an episode which I always loved because its atmosphere is very poetic and fascinating (despite the NES poor graphics or the remake SD style). FFXI's story was written by Masato Kato also, this is kind of intriguing. I'd never bother playing the game, but I'm still curious about its deep storyline. From the little I know, the Zilaart people are basically the equivalent of the Zeal Enlightened Ones.

In fact, I think it's kind of a shame that FFXI is an MMORPG. With such an atmosphere and story, it would probably have made a great offline game... and a shorter project for Tanaka's team.

Ralkai

• Earthbound (+15)
  • We'll say "Good bye, lost Heaven!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 02:30:11 pm »
I don't care as much as they take in creating it. 
ĦĦĦbut that they already make it!!! 
and that they also sell it in Spain that I am fed up that only the games of Chrono they are sold in USA and in Japan...