Author Topic: Dalton's Disappearence and the Golems...  (Read 4790 times)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
Dalton's Disappearence and the Golems...
« on: January 24, 2006, 06:51:49 am »
I have a bit of speculation right on Dalton's disappearing through that "Gate" that the Golems come through. Take this as speculation and nothing more (unless you want to...).

I get the feeling that this is no Time Gate or Dimensional Gate, but more a wormhole that links to another location. My first thought was that it lead perhaps to a chamber in Zeal that was sort of like a sealed room, perhaps where powerful magic was at play to enhance the Golem's powers. My thoughts there were was one Golem, the Zealians took DNA from the original Golem. Creating a couple of other Golems that they experimented with (and perhaps cloned one of them to make the Golem Twins) them as different weapons. And Dalton has some sort of magic to get them out of there chamber etc.

Dalton goes to summon these monsters but they're all gone, and because Zeal is gone, he magically appears in the sky and falls to his doom. Not a nice way too go.

Alternately, because of the loss of Magic, the wormhole cant be susstained and when Dalton gets sucked inside, the wormhole collapses and Dalton is sent to the DBT or wherever.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Re: Dalton's Disappearence and the Golems...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 08:22:17 am »
Quote from: Lordchander
I have a bit of speculation right on Dalton's disappearing through that "Gate" that the Golems come through. Take this as speculation and nothing more (unless you want to...).

I get the feeling that this is no Time Gate or Dimensional Gate, but more a wormhole that links to another location. My first thought was that it lead perhaps to a chamber in Zeal that was sort of like a sealed room, perhaps where powerful magic was at play to enhance the Golem's powers. My thoughts there were was one Golem, the Zealians took DNA from the original Golem. Creating a couple of other Golems that they experimented with (and perhaps cloned one of them to make the Golem Twins) them as different weapons. And Dalton has some sort of magic to get them out of there chamber etc.

Dalton goes to summon these monsters but they're all gone, and because Zeal is gone, he magically appears in the sky and falls to his doom. Not a nice way too go.

Alternately, because of the loss of Magic, the wormhole cant be susstained and when Dalton gets sucked inside, the wormhole collapses and Dalton is sent to the DBT or wherever.

Well, I don't believe Zeal did any DNA engineering, since they're not a very sciencie people. Though, I think that Dalton literally summoned Earth and but life into it through a spell, and that is the Golems. The Golem twins could be an abnormality, like 2 souls going into the rock. Or Golems could be mystics.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 01:04:30 pm »
The easiest explination would be that the Golems were kept somewhere and Dalton teleported them to where he wanted them to go. The only problem with that is the GolemBoss, since Dalton was unaware of it's appearance on the Blackbird's wing.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 03:26:40 pm »
Wait wait wait, you're actually saying that a nation that created the first aero-plane, an undersea construct, a mass of floating continents and islands, a device capable of breaching time and space AND some of the more powerful weapons? Zeal was a place of learning, they have an entire city devoted so science!

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 04:12:59 pm »
I am thinking that Zaper meant that they had no need to study DNA or other gentic research, since thier magical powers looked like a pretty high form of evolution.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 08:37:20 pm »
Yea um...Golems don't HAVE DNA. So that entire point is moot. The Golems were probably made out of dreamstone or something.

JossiRossi

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Http://spriteville.comicgen.com
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 08:52:48 pm »
Isn't dreamstone kind of rare?

Also just because it's named a golem it doesn't automatically mean that it's exactly the same as the one of Jewish lore. But those golems definitly don't have DNA just being protectors made out of mud (I believe?)

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 10:19:22 pm »
The same argument could be applied to gold: 'Isnt gold kind of rare?'

Yet we have mountains of the stuff. You and I wouldnt be likely to find gold in the ground If we didnt know where to look, in the same way that Chrono or Ayla owuldnt know where to look. THere are also the limitations of tools that we would encounter. Heck, we may not even recognise gold if we found it underground.
Evidently, the Zealians knew where to look, had the appropriate tools, and had the ability to discern raw dreamstone from any other mineral.
They probably had a mine or quarry on the planet, from which they extracted the dreamstone. That is if they didnt just magic it up to Zeal.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 01:17:10 am »
Yeah, Golems are animated Rocks and such.  Not living beings.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 02:34:09 am »
Dreamstone isn't just rare, from what Melchior says, it seems as if he's impling that the Mammon Machine, pendant and ruby knife were the last remants of Dreamstone left in 12,000BC.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 04:05:28 am »
Where? Give me a quote.
I'm a little bit rusty with the plot of CT (I havent played it for a while), and I could be wrong, but naturally I am disinclined believe anything I can't remember.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 07:08:24 am »
Melchior: You can't find it anymore.  It was a red stone that was once used as
money.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been available for a very long time.

Basically, a very long time. If it's not avaliable in the present 1000AD, then theres no probability if it being there in the future. It's used up. That's why I believe that the last of all found dreamstone was used in the ruby knife, pendant and mammon machine. Actually, There was another quote i think that said that the only things made of the dreamstone "royal red rock" was the mammon machine, and the scraps and left over bits were finished off into the ruby knife and pendant.

As for Zeal, yeah, I don't believe they do anything on DNA etc.
But same with science. Their science is magical. Belthasar is the Guru of Reason and the only scientific genius there in Zeal. But even then, all of his inventions involve magic powering them. The Black Bird is said to resemble that of a bird when it flys, no just an airplane.
Same with the time machine, it was only started, we don't know how it looks if it looks like the Epoch or whatever. And the Ocean palace is like any other building, except underwater. The trouble of building it was most likely solved by using magic so that the water kept away, and the Earthbound ones could work on it.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 12:20:27 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
Melchior: You can't find it anymore.  It was a red stone that was once used as
money.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been available for a very long time.

Basically, a very long time. If it's not avaliable in the present 1000AD, then theres no probability if it being there in the future. It's used up. That's why I believe that the last of all found dreamstone was used in the ruby knife, pendant and mammon machine. Actually, There was another quote i think that said that the only things made of the dreamstone "royal red rock" was the mammon machine, and the scraps and left over bits were finished off into the ruby knife and pendant.

As for Zeal, yeah, I don't believe they do anything on DNA etc.
But same with science. Their science is magical. Belthasar is the Guru of Reason and the only scientific genius there in Zeal. But even then, all of his inventions involve magic powering them. The Black Bird is said to resemble that of a bird when it flys, no just an airplane.
Same with the time machine, it was only started, we don't know how it looks if it looks like the Epoch or whatever. And the Ocean palace is like any other building, except underwater. The trouble of building it was most likely solved by using magic so that the water kept away, and the Earthbound ones could work on it.

I would like to see this second quote. I highly doubt that it was the same dreamstone. Mostly because it was used on the Masamune, which would make for an impossible connection.

Also, go back to the start of the 20th century and see what people say about airplanes. I bet you'd hear the same things, that the planes look like birds.

JossiRossi

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Http://spriteville.comicgen.com
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 03:21:06 pm »
Looking up "dream stone" led nowhere. However "red rock" led to some good stuff.

Quote from: Book
  It all began aeons ago, when man's
   ancestors picked up a shard of a
   strange red rock...

Its power, which was beyond human
   comprehension, cultivated dreams...
   In turn, love and hate were born...

Only time will see how it all ends.

Now this could be describing the frozen flame.

Quote from: Young Man
  The 3 Gurus made the Mammon
   Machine from the royal family's red
   rock.

Quote from: Masa
The ancient Red Rock has been
   passed down through the ages.
   From it, a magic pendant and a knife
   were made.

We embody Melchior's dreams,
   sealed, within the knife...

So the same Red Rock did make the Mammon M, the pendant, and the Masa Mune (well the knife anyway).

Quote from: Ayla
Crono, you look for red
   rock?

Rare, red rock sign of power.
   Ayla strongest in Ioka village.
   So Ayla's rock!

I dunno I'm sick so I'm not thinking too straight. Hell maybe this is already been said as fact but dreamstone could be the frozen flame, but the M.M., pendant, and knife ARE made of dreamstone so it seems.

babybatcloud

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 05:50:56 pm »
Melchior says that when you go to visit him after getting the broken Masamune. Afterwards you go to Ayla's time to get a hold of the Dreamstone. Does the line that says "The 3 Gurus made the Mammon
Machine from the royal family's red rock." come from Chrono Trigger? I wonder why I don't remember it...