Author Topic: The Crimson Echoes Dream Team  (Read 5136 times)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
The Crimson Echoes Dream Team
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2005, 05:19:11 pm »
You're freakin' hilarious, man :lol:

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2005, 06:05:52 pm »
So I've been told. Or, actually, 'crazy' is the term more often used to describe my incessent talking on various subjects of antiquity.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2005, 12:30:33 am »
It'dn't've (that's my new 'word') happened if someone (ZeaLitY?) hadn't made "Hero of Time" a title... I was merely a pawn of fate :(

Anyway, I'd like to help with making CE artwork (not drawing, cuz I currently suck at it, but taking already made stuff and photoshopping) since there doesn't seem to be any; is there any request beyond the 500x100 logo thing that ZeaLitY asked for (which I doubt many people noticed since only he and I even replied to it)?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2005, 01:36:09 am »
I'm not sure about the photoshopping part, but I'd love to see some concept art of some alternate costumes for the characters. :)

We've talked a bit about having them change costumes at certain points in the story and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought of giving the player the option to choose between costumes at some point...  In the opening of the demo, Marle mentions something about Crono in a tux, LOL...

And my mocked-up screenshot below shows Crono in what's *SUPPOSED* to look like a more "lordly" outfit with a red cape and such, but he came off looking like a bad superhero! :lol:  That screenshot is more to show off the 1002 AD Cathedral than anything else.

By the way, the room in that screenshot existed in the 600 AD version of the cathedral, though slightly different.  I'll give one, um...Jake Point to whoever can figure out what room that was in 600 AD! :P

DivineDragoonKain

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2005, 02:00:48 am »
Of course, that's the room that leads to Yakra's hallway. =)

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2005, 02:44:23 am »
I actually kind of like it.

For Crono's lordly outfit, I guess we could use something kind of like Edgar from FF6, except with a Crono color scheme.  Marle and Lucca would wear Prism Dresses; you can get as many as four in CT (1 from Melchior and 3 by repeatedly stealing from Queen Zeal).  Of course, most people opt for the Prism Helms and just steal the dresses; there's more than enough to go around.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2005, 03:08:14 am »
Quote from: DivineDragoonKain
Of course, that's the room that leads to Yakra's hallway. =)

Not quite.  If you need a hint, in 600 AD the window was not there, but a treasure chest was.

BTW, in case you're curious, that Crono pose is actually Crono's head on top of Magus' body, and then I took the cape from one of Magus' north-facing poses and changed the colors of everything.

I wanted Crono to actually come off looking more like Cloud in Kingdom Hearts...with the red cape being the only real difference.  It looked all right, but then I realized he was wearing a sloppy tunic and stuff with a cape, so I opted for Magus' outfit instead.  But anyway! :P

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2005, 07:30:44 am »
Umm, Is there any space for another Beta Tester XD I love being a critic XD lol. ^.^

@ Jake-A-Roonie -
Nice Signature picture. Crono sure looks like he's in one of Magus' poses.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2005, 08:40:19 am »
Strange, I was about to ask about your sig (I wanted to know whether that was part of the playable CE demo), and then you suddenly started talking about it

And, unless I'm mistaken, that room has a bottom entrance on the right and left, and a top one in the middle (where the window is).. like this:
.............|
.--------------------
|........................|

I might be making that left entrance up, but I definitely remember the hallway (that was around the time that I found out that slashing down then back up meant a critical)

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2005, 09:08:03 am »
I think that room is just edited. Looks like the Cathedral first room. Theres the door on the left and right, with treasure chests, that leads to the hall with the stairs to the left and right and the middle has the stairs going to the next room.

||.|--|.......................|----|.|
|=|--|.......................|---|.=|
|=|................................|.=|
|........................................|                                        
|.||||||||||||||==|||||||||||||.|
--------------------------------|-|

|= Walls
|=| or |.| = stair or door
- = Second story floor
.= First story floor

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2005, 02:00:55 pm »
Bingo. One Jake Point for Zaper. =P  In 600 AD in the cathedral's sanctuary, if you walk through the hidden door (the one you get to by playing the organ), the first room you come to is this hallway, which at the time has a pair of Diablos in it along with a treasure chest.

402 years later, it's a conference room. :P

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2005, 09:48:30 pm »
Lol, Lol, Lol.

Where do I cash in my Jake points?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2005, 09:59:11 pm »
I dunno...  Back at Acmlm's board, Danicess used to have her "Dani Points," and she had a little icon for them...  People just stuck 'em in their post layout or sig to be cool. =P  Maybe since Schala is plastered all over my profile, I'll just use the same icon as Dani used (her Dani point was a modified Schala).

LOL, I dunno what you can get for having the most Jake Points though, LOL...  Any ideas? :lol:

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2005, 10:10:49 pm »
Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie
I dunno...  Back at Acmlm's board, Danicess used to have her "Dani Points," and she had a little icon for them...  People just stuck 'em in their post layout or sig to be cool. =P  Maybe since Schala is plastered all over my profile, I'll just use the same icon as Dani used (her Dani point was a modified Schala).

LOL, I dunno what you can get for having the most Jake Points though, LOL...  Any ideas? :lol:

A modified Alfador sprite would be pretty cool, and remain in the spirit of Zeal, so to speak. Dani points were a bit before my time there (I've been there for 3 years  :shock: ).

After so many Alfador Points, you send money. Lots of it.

lol just kidding :D

...no really.... send money...

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2005, 10:16:13 pm »
Well, the Dani Points looked like this:

And people would just line them up in their sig for however many they had...

You get the idea. :D

Well, if I send money for having a lot of points, then CuteLucca must have some serious pointage! (I've got her working on some commission stuff :D)

I like the Alfador idea though...  Hmm, maybe later. :)