Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336613 times)

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #2100 on: December 14, 2009, 08:38:20 am »
I've got a Beatles chord songbook with all their songs that a friend just gave me, and so I'm just learning to play along on guitar and then to play and sing on my own.

But man, I love The Beatles.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: December 14, 2009, 12:27:57 pm »
A friend of mine drove me back to school after Thanksgiving, since she only lives about 55 minutes away from my house.  While D and I were waiting at her house I got to meet her family, which was pretty awesome because they seem like fantastic people.  A few days ago she told me that after she got back to her house at school, her 20-year-old brother called her and said "Who was your friend??  She's GORGEOUS!"  He then told her that he wanted to go out with me, but "Her boyfriend was there and he was wearing a Naruto shirt, so obviously he's a cool guy.  Dammit!"  XD  That made my day.

Awesome!

I've got a Beatles chord songbook with all their songs that a friend just gave me, and so I'm just learning to play along on guitar and then to play and sing on my own.

But man, I love The Beatles.

Also awesome!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: December 14, 2009, 01:32:51 pm »
I love hot coffee. 'Tis a rarer love: I usually prefer my coffee iced. On all those days last week when it was twenty degrees colder at this hour than it is today, I still had my coffee iced. Why? Because it was sunny on all those days. This morning it's dark as the pits of Utumno, and so even though it's comparatively warm, it's definitely hot coffee weather!

I also love that Darigold now makes coffee creamer. Imagine! A store-bought coffee creamer whose only ingredients are milk, sugar, and the hazlenut flavor.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2103 on: December 14, 2009, 02:33:17 pm »

What an amazing character.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: December 14, 2009, 03:33:47 pm »
The man or the fist?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2105 on: December 14, 2009, 03:35:45 pm »
It was indeed incredible that this frame exists. I saw him raising his hand to say avast, and then it dawned on me; "He had the perfect pose there for a second!" So I slowed it down 8x and took a bunch of screenshots, and fortune smiled.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: December 14, 2009, 09:48:39 pm »

I love my results for my music minor audition:

I'm in!!  :D

And it only took a week to reply to 10 minutes of hammering out Tchaikovsky and Gershwin.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: December 15, 2009, 02:14:45 pm »
Ha! Glenn Beck's in trouble with his employers at FOX for his 'golden contributions'. Serves you right! I mean, yeah, it's only a small step in the long run, but still... :lol:

On a related note, I LOVE the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. :P

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: December 16, 2009, 12:11:00 am »
My God, it's full of stars.

It's not every day one can claim to have stumbled upon the Holy Grail of some activity, but this is truly something every anime music video/anime fan trailer enthusiast needs to check out if they're serious enough about the art to purchase or track down the anime's source Dolby 5.1/AC3 audio. If you've got your hands on the AC3 audio files, you can literally decompose them into individual audio channels, at which point knocking out the music and leaving the voices and pertinent sound effects (or vice versa) is mere child's play.

Santa's workshop is gonna be busy tonight.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: December 16, 2009, 05:36:30 am »
dont care what you guys think, but I watched all of onegai teacher and twins.  I liked em!  (though the second of the two could have done without some scenes)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: December 16, 2009, 10:32:22 am »
Onegai... isn't that a spice often paired with basil and used in italian dishes?

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: December 16, 2009, 06:41:31 pm »

I know it means "Please" in Japanese.

Speaking of which, I should be getting a Rosetta Stone: Japanese for Christmas.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: December 17, 2009, 10:45:16 am »
Sajainta's avatar/icon thingies (well, most of them), and a new one in particular. Hello Cthulhu, Running OMG, Shakespeare Made Me Do It, the Gospel According to St. Bastard, Chainsaw Squee, and the Free PS3 are all great, but I saw a new one today that motivated this post. It is a green/greyscale picture of, I think, D and herself. It’s quite cute and made me smile.

... of course, her kitty with toilet paper icon makes me smile too, so I am easily amused.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: December 17, 2009, 11:04:51 am »
Sajainta's avatar/icon thingies (well, most of them), and a new one in particular. Hello Cthulhu, Running OMG, Shakespeare Made Me Do It, the Gospel According to St. Bastard, Chainsaw Squee, and the Free PS3 are all great, but I saw a new one today that motivated this post. It is a green/greyscale picture of, I think, D and herself. It’s quite cute and made me smile.

... of course, her kitty with toilet paper icon makes me smile too, so I am easily amused.

Why, thank you very much.  :D  I'm pretty fond of my icon choices.  Here's the whole gallery, if anyone else is as amused as Thought is::  link.

And yup, that's a picture of D and me!  :)  It's a small version of this picture::

It's one of my favourite pictures of us.  ^^

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: December 17, 2009, 12:41:48 pm »

I would love just once to see diamond dust instead of snow falling.  Unfortunately, it's mostly a polar meteorological phenomenon that takes place only under the right conditions.

It supposed to be beautiful to watch.  This is one of the best videos I can find of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq-BsY_0oz0

*Sigh* C'est la vie.