Author Topic: Sadam Hussein hanged...  (Read 1590 times)

Ramsus

Sadam Hussein hanged...
« on: December 29, 2006, 11:59:21 pm »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Sadam Hussein hanged...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 12:19:50 am »
I posted this to the intarwebs a few hours ago. Now, whaddya know, it's a few hours later. Still applies.

With Saddam Hussein’s execution just hours away, while his old sectarian rivals cheer and hoot in the streets as the governments of Iraq and America look on in approval, I find myself…uncomfortable.

I do not typically speak on authority of a hunch, but everything about this spectacle strikes me as a charade. I seriously doubt his trial was fair. For that matter, I seriously doubt that life under Saddam in Iraq was as bad as American propaganda has made it out to be. Though I am prepared to concede that Saddam’s administration committed human rights abuses and perhaps even war crimes and crimes against humanity, I reject the audacious claim that his hanging today is because of those charges. Plain and simple, I think this whole thing was George Dubya Bush’s revenge against a man he hated. The invasion wasn’t merited. And this “justice” was a show trial.

History is so filled with instances of political murder, so often ballyhooed at the time, yet so often recognized by future generations to be deeply unjust. We look back at history and pity the ignorance of those who allowed political prisoners to be wrongly put to death. Yet, if my hunch is true, then we today are as ignorant as any who came before us.

But we don’t even realize it…and we never will. The people of Iraq will cry out under the agony of civil war, paramilitary terrorism, and strict Islamic tyranny…while people here in America will cry out in glee at the bloody success of their gang leader’s plan for revenge against the man who tried to kill his father.

The death penalty is a most severe means of imposing justice. It should never be imposed unjustly, or when uncertainty rules. If we were a more enlightened society, we would not allow Saddam to hang.

There is nothing more I can do. I have said my piece.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 01:03:50 am »
It's the same old thing. The powerful tyrants rule, and the weaker ones are hanged. Like in the second World War. Did Churchill hang at Nurnburg? Hardly. You could give just as much - probably more - cause to have had him hanged than a figure such as Jodl. The thing is, power is a cuthroat thing to have. Saddam was hanged because, though a powerful leader of people, he came into confrontation with those more powerful. Now, maybe he justly deserved to hang - I don't know enough to be able to say - but likely as not there are those within the US political system that deserve an equal share, yet are protected by what remains a fortune favourable to their power.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 08:48:49 am »
An evil dictator hanged on my birthday. BEST PRESENT EVER! :D

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 03:59:53 pm »
Though the war should never have been, and the trial no doubt had a foregone conclusion, I cannot weep at the thought that Saddam will never hurt anyone ever again.

Perhaps if we were to hang all leaders at the end of their term, we would attract the megalomaniacs that positions of power seem to attract these days. Impractical, but a thought.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 04:18:09 pm »
Like most of the things that happened on 9-11 and most of the media lies...

My guess is Saddam is alive. His death had been faked and someone was bribed. Saddam resides on some private island or something to live out the rest of his days in exile rather than hell. That's my belief. It could be dead wrong. However, considering the facts of many untold reports, I wouldn't be surprised if something like that took place.

Yet the same story sitll lingers around... Saddam was found in a "spider hole" near a farm close to his hometown.

Media = lolz

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 06:45:01 am »
Yes, Saddam is still alive and is actually hiding on some private island with Elvis, Hitler, and Fidel Castro.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 02:17:27 pm »
Maybe Fidel, but I doubt Hitler and Elvis unless they somehow discovered a fountain of youth. Part of me wanted to see him hang and the other part of me felt sorry for him. I checked out the youtube and found some footage, but all the footage I saw was either frozen at the part of the so called execution. Afterwards, there you can see a distorted body wrapped in a white blanket or something.

I'll be convinced if he's displayed in an open casket type burial (if Iraq even does those kinds of things).

Has anyone else found actual footage? or does anyone know if Saddam is really dead?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 04:16:08 pm »
I saw the whole thing. It was leaked on a mobile..

I have to give it to the man. He showed no fear or hysteria in his final moments. He went gracefully, if anything.

I don't think he deserved the hanging. The first judge was sacked by the US because the trial wasn't going in their favor. The judge that convicted Saddam only had 2 weeks training. And I bet he was bribed.
Saddam, at any rate, deserved a humane death.

But as for my own opinion, he didn't deserve to die at all. Come on, his charged aren't worth his death. If somebody was out to kill me, i'd have them fkin killed too, the stupid bastards. He did have them killed, but only after he put an appeal through the Iraqi legal system, even though it was biased towards him.

Now, people have done worse than him. Bush has had more casualties from the Iraqi war than those 14x shiites.
Truman had like 200,000 killed with Hiroshima an Nagasaki. He wasn't hanged for ORDERING that. Yet Saddam does.

And btw, all those Iraqi's, Jews, Muslims, Shiites, that are partying now, and especially the ones firing guns into the air. They are just planely retarded. Anyone who gets satisfaction from anothers death is sick and should die themselves.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 05:32:36 pm »
But as for my own opinion, he didn't deserve to die at all. Come on, his charged aren't worth his death. If somebody was out to kill me, i'd have them fkin killed too, the stupid bastards. He did have them killed, but only after he put an appeal through the Iraqi legal system, even though it was biased towards him.

Biased? Dude, he ran the whole fucking country. In elections if you didn't vote for him he would have you killed. And you say it was biased.

The fucker looked hella scared as they dropped the floor from under him.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 06:08:30 pm »

He didn't retaliate against a person who attempted to kill him. He wiped out the city where the people who tried to kill him were from. That's not eye-for-an-eye, that's mass murder.

Now, people have done worse than him. Bush has had more casualties from the Iraqi war than those 14x shiites.
Truman had like 200,000 killed with Hiroshima an Nagasaki. He wasn't hanged for ORDERING that. Yet Saddam does.

That doesn't matter. He was a brutal and murderous dictator. That other dictators have been more brutal or more murderous does not allow his behaviour, nor absolve him of guilt for his actions.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 06:41:57 am »
Umm, don't forget that he didn't actually commit the murders. He hired them. And quite frankly, thats in the power of a president. If Bush wanted, he'd have you arrested by the FBI, have you Haebus Corpus taken away from you and then have you killed for whatever reason he wanted. Heck, he has the right to order a nuclear strike, have a soldier killed on the battle fields and heaps of crap.

Saddam did what he did. He may have been a dictator, but don't forget that 70% of Iraqi's supported him. The other 30% were retards who brought it upon themselves.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 10:08:44 am »
Wow. Someone on this topic has posted the dumbest thing he has ever posted on the entire forum.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 01:13:28 pm »
Umm, don't forget that he didn't actually commit the murders. He hired them. And quite frankly, thats in the power of a president. If Bush wanted, he'd have you arrested by the FBI, have you Haebus Corpus taken away from you and then have you killed for whatever reason he wanted. Heck, he has the right to order a nuclear strike, have a soldier killed on the battle fields and heaps of crap.

Wrong sir, wrong. In America, we have Congress to prevent things like that. Hell, we have the Bill of Rights to protect our freedoms.

Saddam did what he did. He may have been a dictator, but don't forget that 70% of Iraqi's supported him. The other 30% were retards who brought it upon themselves.

Wrong again. It was more like 7%. It could have been 70%, but we took Sadam out of Power before he could kill everyone else.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 05:50:22 pm »
Umm, don't forget that he didn't actually commit the murders. He hired them.

Still a murderer. That he didn't actually pull the trigger (or rather, launch the chemical weapons) himself doesn't somehow make him innocent of the murders that occured specificially because he demanded they take place.

And quite frankly, thats in the power of a president. If Bush wanted, he'd have you arrested by the FBI, have you Haebus Corpus taken away from you and then have you killed for whatever reason he wanted. Heck, he has the right to order a nuclear strike, have a soldier killed on the battle fields and heaps of crap.

Even if it is the power of a president, which it isn't, capability does not give justification. That's like saying that if you own a gun you can shoot anyone or anything you like. Obviously not the case. That Bush is also willing to abuse his power doesn't justify Saddam, it shows that Bush is also unforgivably unjust.

That's a wonderfully magical number. People that don't support a barbarous madman in his constant abuse of his power aren't retards who deserve torture and death. They are the just people that are the basis of any free society. Better a society filled with those that rage against tyranny than one filled with retards who support it, and thus, bring it upon themselves.