Author Topic: How could the ps movies be entered into the snes rom  (Read 2537 times)

chrono obsession

How could the ps movies be entered into the snes rom
« on: January 21, 2006, 01:47:13 am »
OK.  I want to enter all the movies from the Playstaion Chrono Trigger into the Snes Rom using Temporal Flux.  Can someone help me (tell me how)???
 :(  :(  Or is it possible?  :(  :(

chrono obsession

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 01:50:47 am »
I already know where to get the movies.  I just need to know how to enter them and know what video format they need to be in.

JossiRossi

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Http://spriteville.comicgen.com
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 03:45:39 am »
Not to be a jerk, but what your asking (to the best of my knowledge) is simply not possible.

Fact is that an SNES rom can only hold so much data, those movies your talking about would likely be WAY WAY WAY too large to fit even more than perhaps one or two in.

Also important to say that temporal flux does not have these capabilities anyway.

chrono obsession

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 02:42:13 pm »
why cant the rom be expanded? :(
Are you sure they cant be entered with temporal flux?  What Other Programs might be able to do that?
If someone can tell me please reply.  
Preferably (a genius or) the makers of flux.
Please i'm desperate.

JossiRossi

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Http://spriteville.comicgen.com
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 03:33:34 pm »
A rom can be expanded but only within certain limits. Then what you want to add to the rom are movies that are going to be decent size. What your talking about is putting data that is on a CD onto the theoretical limits of what the SNES can handle. Your simply not going to be able to do it.

Temporal Flux can't do it becuase it's not programmed to do so. There are no other editors that could do this because it's WAY more complicated than you think.

It's not a matter of putting a .mpg or .avi into the rom and then you'll suddenly be able to play them. You'd first need to hack the rom (the actual coding, how the game works on a fundamental level) including a way for the snes to display the movie file as long as the colors, sound, and resolution fits what is capable on a 16-bit device. Then you'd need to take the video files and get them into the correct format.

I'm sorry but it's just not going to happen. Don't need Einstein to answer 2+2.

chrono obsession

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 04:30:47 pm »
Quote from: JossiRossi
You'd first need to hack the rom (the actual coding, how the game works on a fundamental level) including a way for the snes to display the movie file as long as the colors, sound, and resolution fits what is capable on a 16-bit device. Then you'd need to take the video files and get them into the correct format.

Ok I guess I wont continue the impossible.  (I'm new to this stuff.)  If someone else wants to take it on.  I will LOVE you.  If you think you can do it please do it and post it for downloads and tell me on this forum topic when your finished.   PLEASE. I am pretty desperate!!!!!!!!!
Thanks.  
The Movies can be found at http://bluelaguna.net/movies/ct/fmvs.php

GrayLensman:  Just fixing your quote formatting.

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 04:47:21 pm »
Quote from: chrono obsession
Quote from: JossiRossi
You'd first need to hack the rom (the actual coding, how the game works on a fundamental level) including a way for the snes to display the movie file as long as the colors, sound, and resolution fits what is capable on a 16-bit device. Then you'd need to take the video files and get them into the correct format.

Ok I guess I wont continue the impossible.  (I'm new to this stuff.)  If someone else wants to take it on.  I will LOVE you.  If you think you can do it please do it and post it for downloads and tell me on this forum topic when your finished.   PLEASE. I am pretty desperate!!!!!!!!!
Thanks.  

Sorry, but making CT play multimedia files is impossible. The engine and the game were made to play certain files and the ones you want are not in the list. Sorry, again.  :(

GrayLensman:  And yours.

Norstein Bekkler

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.something.com
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 05:20:29 pm »
PLEASE. I am pretty desperate!!!!!!!!!

Why? I can't see a point here. If you are so desperate, use a Playstation Emulator and play the game in your computer. Or PAUSE your SNES gaming session exactly when the movie would appear in PSX version, and open a video player in your pc. It's done.

Doing programs that manipulate those things is not an easy task like reading a html tutorial in half an hour and then hosting it. Second, you are the only person wanting this feature. It's a difficult task, and it's not going to happen.

Again, just a simple question. WHY do you want do such a thing?

chrono obsession

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 06:50:48 pm »
Norstein Bekkler said  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"chrono obsession wrote:
PLEASE. I am pretty desperate!!!!!!!!!

Why? I can't see a point here. If you are so desperate, use a Playstation Emulator and play the game in your computer. Or PAUSE your SNES gaming session exactly when the movie would appear in PSX version, and open a video player in your pc. It's done.

Doing programs that manipulate those things is not an easy task like reading a html tutorial in half an hour and then hosting it. Second, you are the only person wanting this feature. It's a difficult task, and it's not going to happen.

Again, just a simple question. WHY do you want do such a thing? "

I SAY NOW
 :twisted: Who says I am the only person that wants that.  This post has only been here for a little while (less than a day) PLaystation emulators are to slow with disks and they dont accept roms.  I enjoyed the movies during gameplay.  It added to it.  Opening the movie in the middle of gameplay ruins the experience.  A playstaion rom can't be edited (hacked) because there is no emulator that will play a playstation rom and nothing could edit it like Temporal flux anyways.   :twisted:   Sorry.   :cry: I know its not a simple task why do you think I asked how.  (and then begged for someone else to do it).  
I know I'm a helpless case and won't give up.  Oh well.   :?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fxar99 said    
"chrono obsession wrote:
JossiRossi wrote:

Ok I guess I wont continue the impossible. (I'm new to this stuff.) If someone else wants to take it on. I will LOVE you. If you think you can do it please do it and post it for downloads and tell me on this forum topic when your finished. PLEASE. I am pretty desperate!!!!!!!!!
Thanks.

Sorry, but making CT play multimedia files is impossible. The engine and the game were made to play certain files and the ones you want are not in the list. Sorry, again.  "

I say
Thanks for saying this in a nice way.  Sounds like you are talking about temporal flux though.  I know that won't work (although I wish it did). (What I want may never happen) but I hope it does. :(
Sorry to bug you all again.  Hope I didn't make anyone too mad at me.
(Don't You Just Love My HUGE post.

Dirtie

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 08:49:45 pm »
Playstation emulators do accept "ROMs" as you put it - or more specifically, ISOs. Just use the "Open ISO" option (or similar) in ePSXe.

Chrono obsession

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 08:58:23 pm »
Are You Serious????????? :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!: Sweet! :!: ! :!: ! :!: ! :!:
 :( But Temporal Flux can't edit that. :(
Hey if someone can get past my problem(s), Tell Me.

Ramsus

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 09:49:58 pm »
why cant the rom be expanded? :(
Are you sure they cant be entered with temporal flux?  What Other Programs might be able to do that?
If someone can tell me please reply.  
Preferably (a genius or) the makers of flux.
Please i'm desperate.

SNES emulators can't play movie files. If you want to interlace movies with actual gameplay in an SNES ROM, the only way to do it would be to hack an emulator to play video files with a special opcode added to the emulated SNES CPU (or maybe an I/O port) to activate the feature from within the game, then hack the game's ROM to include the opcode wherever you wanted the video files to play.

None of this would involve using temporal flux.

Norstein Bekkler

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.something.com
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 12:14:54 am »
Who says I am the only person that wants that.

Because I have never seen anyone asking such a thing. You're still the only one to me.

And now you know you can play CT by your PSX emulator. :lol: About using it, you can just google around and see how it goes. It's pretty easy.

chrono obsession

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 12:20:19 am »
OK it's not possible, I get it.  (everybodys told me).  
 Seeing that non of this is possible I will abandon the idea.  I hope to come up with another project to occupy my time.   Bye.

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 03:12:38 am »
On top of what everyone else has said, it would not be possible for a SNES to play a movie file to begin with.  Hell, it can barely do digital audio.

Space is an issue also.  A max size cartridge with pretty much nothing else on it might be able to squeeze one high fidelity song onto it.  Considering that, on average, video takes roughly ten times as much space, you might be able to fit the shortest anime clip onto the cartridge (with the entire rest of the game kicked out).

Of course, then you would have to do something insane like port the MPEG codec over to the 65816.  And create a variant of the encoder so that it downshifts the video to animated gif color levels.

If you are going to waste that kind of time, I would suggest porting over the zip compression library.

---T.Geiger