Author Topic: Porre Lab 1.0  (Read 703 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Porre Lab 1.0
« on: January 09, 2008, 06:14:35 pm »
Alrighty here's the first version of the Porre Lab it's got some cool ideas.

OUTSIDE:

You start off in a manoria cathedral tileset place I figured this was a nice transition since the entrance is in the Forest Ruins.  It uses planes which is my new favorite mapping toy.  There is a teleporter near the bottom of the cave that takes you inside.  But something must play the piano located a floor above it.  To solve this puzzle there is a nu that does the same movements as you you must walk so that when you enter the teleporter the nu plays the piano above it (i imagine this being some sort of robot that you can force to play the piano eventually).  It's kind of hard to do but I have done it successfully there are switches that block of certain paths so that it's easier to force the nu to take the path you need.

IN THE LAB:

You start off in the upstairs of the lab.  Toma runs off to explore.  Luccia's room is next door.  You can  listen in on her by activating the wall next to her room.   Talking to luccia she is interested in the opportunity to explore th elab and tells you you can use the pliers on her desk to turn off the electric field blocking thhe lab.  Grab them and go two doors down (Toma is exploring the room next to Luccias).  Go to the generator room and use the pliers to get in the lab.  In the lab I put mutant monsters (from experiments).  There is a jail cell next to the lab......currently it's empty.  Head downstairs.  There's three rooms one is a food storage with a mutant guard, one is a study (Toma is now exploring this), one is a room you can rest and save in.  a library is all that is in the basement, it's filled with mutants.  Go down into the experiment chamber.

Luccia's Dad and mom and brother are to busy to notice you they are currently doing an experiment on future Toma.  You can turn off the machine, which sparks their attention.

They start yetlling and past TOMA comes in rescues his future self.  You tell him to run and Luccia's brother follows in pursuit.  The cyborg comes in with a huge mutant and starts yelling and Luccia's parents, he lunges at Luccia's mom who runs away, cyborg chase and Dad chases cyborg leaving the party to fight the mutant.

You finish it and run the parents and cyborg are out of commission.  Brother comes in just as his parents die, tearful goodbye.  Brother launches self destruct sequence. 

(NOTE:  I want to do a timer here but....i can't figure out how)

You only have "5 minutes" to get out.  But you can't leave until you talk to Luccia and tell her to run.

They use the machine they used to come in and escape just in time.

Alrighty that's what happens now try it out!

IPS PATCH:  This is applied to a FRESH UNHEADERED CT ROM not a CE ROM.  I'm keeping everything independent until Chrono 99 inserts it

Zip File:  Flux files of the map, events and exits....i think tile properties is in there to but...it doesn' twork...i dont know what to put for "slot".

Zeality:  Is there a place I can upload the Flux files like I used to?
-
-JP 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Porre Lab 1.0
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 07:35:05 pm »
Gonna give it a try tomorrow. I always thought this Chapter could appear as a sort of "miniature Radical Dreamers" in spirit (considering the Porre Lab is a secluded, self-contained place like the RD version of Viper's Manor), and judging from your post, this does look like it. It looks very interesting...

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 11:58:59 pm »
According to the current plot, the cyborg (Sorin) isn't part of the Porre Lab anymore. He dies in 3 million B.C.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 12:05:31 am »
Ah, I see.....

He can be replaced  easily enough (one of their test subjects escape).  If possible someone who knows the final plot should take a run through of the wiki.

--JP 

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 04:00:11 am »
Hey,

I fixed a small scroll lock bug and added the countdown courtesy of JLukas.

You don't die if you run out of time cause I wasn't sure how long to make.

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 05:10:41 pm »
Mmh, I can't get the Nu to move to the piano. It's a really difficult puzzle as he doesn't move at the same time as you, and sometimes he doesn't seem to move in a direction at all (tiles with NPC solidity?).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 06:29:36 pm »
There's NPC solidity where the spikes are up, which you control with the switches.  The  way the Nu works is as follows

Finds X/Y of player
waits a second
Finds X/Y of player
Calculates delta XY
moves to Current location + delta XY

This means that while he is moving you can move for free in any direction you want.  Allowing you to back track.  So the key is timing. 

If you use the spikes correctly it should definately be doable

First make sure the spikes directly below the Nu are up and raise the spikes below those spikes.

Then go up and release the spikes directly below the nu.

walk down and the nu will keep walking until it hits the spikes

(down spikes)
stairs       NU
        (up spikes)

At this point i try to run up and raise the spikes above it so it's trapped.(it's tricky and like I said above all about moving while he is moving.  But you can just move left and try not to move up at all to get him below the stairs.

I think getting him down the stairs is the hardest part once he's down I run up right next to the nu and just walk next to him until he's in the piano area.......

I can try to fine tune it maybe putting spike switches in different areas of the map to guide him down easier.

--JP