Author Topic: Dialogue Enhancements Commentary Thread (old)  (Read 24375 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Dialogue Enhancements Commentary Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2007, 12:03:09 am »
Well, you have a valid point. I'll add the rest whenever I get that far.
Understood.

Sorry I've not been getting more of the endings worked on...I've been delaying for a while for many reasons, though mainly because I was taking the break you suggested I take.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2007, 12:06:31 am »
Go for it. I might not start the next beta until sometime in June. We need a good break after what we have done so far.

Edit:
This will also keep people on their toes!  :twisted:

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2007, 12:14:42 am »
Okay then. We'll just have to make sure we don't take too much of a break and lose momentum and/or devotion and motivation for the project.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2007, 12:17:27 am »
Oh no. I have spent too much time & effort on this project to lost motivation. In fact I bet halfway through that break I'll get the sudden urge to work on maps.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2007, 12:22:53 am »
I'm sure I'll feel the same way about dialogue.

In the meantime, we'll bounce off minor ideas and otherwise finish up that public beta. In about a week or so I'll start drafting the public release for the beta and post the draft in a new thread on this forum so we can edit it to our liking.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2007, 07:34:42 pm »
Hi, I'm not dead. I just haven't been able to get online for a while...  :x

I have about 90% of your cutscenes added to the first public demo..
Let's say the official release date will be June 5... though it could be a day before or after that....

I never got time to finish any new maps though so there will only be cut enhancements.... and many don't have all the correct animations yet.

Well, I gotta run, but the demo is looking up!

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2007, 07:36:16 pm »
...also I almost forgot above ^^ .... can you write me a small cut with Party and King Guardia, Queene Leene, and Nurse in King's tower 600 AF? Thanks a million pal!  :D

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 27, 2007, 08:09:18 pm »
...also I almost forgot above ^^ .... can you write me a small cut with Party and King Guardia, Queene Leene, and Nurse in King's tower 600 AF? Thanks a million pal!  :D
Err, sure, but what precisely about, and set when? You'll forgive me, but since your last appearence back in April I've not thought too much about Chrono Trigger...mainly because I managed to get myself on a couple smaller fan kicks. But luckily, thanks to the Chrono Cross Audio Drama, I'm back in a Chrono mood.

And welcome back. I was worried you'd snuck out for good.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2007, 08:56:51 pm »
Heh heh. Can't get rid of me that easily!  :)

The King's tower cut should be that part where the King tells the party that the Hero is the only hope... Leene should be worried sick, Nurse should tell King he should rest because he is in bad shape.... just a few ideas...

If I'm having a really lucky day, I'll have a "pre-release" test for you to run through later this evening...

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2007, 09:04:51 pm »
Oh hey, also I found out that SNES9X plays 8MEG 64mbit HiROMs done with Lunar Expand... so we *could* get 2x everything if we are lucky!

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 27, 2007, 09:07:48 pm »
Understood. I should have the scene for you within the hour!

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 28, 2007, 01:39:34 am »
Bah!
I am having "technical" difficulties...
due to to the fact that I just got a 8800GTX 768 MB video card I didn't get to working on the beta until now. :( ...with THAT kind of video power, you'd understand right?

Anyways, nice cut. I'll begin to code it immediately!
The only thing I'd add to it is:

King Guardia: Now... One final request ..cough.. cough... for an injured king...
I implore you, take the Jerky Rations to the Knights at Zenan Bridge.
The entire defense is counting on you!

also, I am having a really good feeling now that I know that the ROM can be expanded to 8 MEGs and still play... I PRAY that Geiger would add that and the ability to duplicate and repoint everything... the Shop expander does this with shops so doing it to a whole ROM couldn't possibly be that hard.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 28, 2007, 01:50:55 am »
Bah!
I am having "technical" difficulties...
due to to the fact that I just got a 8800GTX 768 MB video card I didn't get to working on the beta until now. :( ...with THAT kind of video power, you'd understand right?
...8800 GTX 768 MB?! I want it. :(

Anyways, nice cut. I'll begin to code it immediately!
The only thing I'd add to it is:

King Guardia: Now... One final request ..cough.. cough... for an injured king...
I implore you, take the Jerky Rations to the Knights at Zenan Bridge.
The entire defense is counting on you!
Gotcha. I'll go toss that in straight away.
also, I am having a really good feeling now that I know that the ROM can be expanded to 8 MEGs and still play... I PRAY that Geiger would add that and the ability to duplicate and repoint everything... the Shop expander does this with shops so doing it to a whole ROM couldn't possibly be that hard.

You're the programmer, so I'll take your word for it. Hopefully so, anyway.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 28, 2007, 02:18:37 am »
Yeah the vid card is insane, 16X antialiasing and I can barely get FPS to get below 45 frames! (it set me back like $600 though  :x)
Games litterally look like movies. I would say DirectX10 is ALEAST 5 times faster, smoother and better looking than DirectX9 (and scarily, that's NOT an exaggeration) I ran this NVIDIA demo, and people models look REAL, with facial expressions and subsurface scattering (it's frightening how fast games are becoming real)

Anyways, (shifting my paranoia from evil AI that will probably rise from the gaming world and kill is all)... :shock:
Nice work on the cut, I'll get it when I find the stupid Com32.dll thing I need to get CTEP editor working. (gotta rebalance the monsters yet again)

On a simular note, the monsters are rebalanced by this formula:

HP is increased, EXP awarded is increased, TECH points and Gil decreased

This is perfect, because the battles take longer (but not harder) and you level up way faster, techs take much longer to gain (so you are stuck with the lower leveled ones longer) and Gil is precisous... also ALL bosses stats are increased though...

I beleveive after tweaking them everytime I started over to test all the cuts (which was ALOT of times!) that I have a VERY perfect balance for battles.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 28, 2007, 02:31:10 am »
Yeah the vid card is insane, 16X antialiasing and I can barely get FPS to get below 45 frames! (it set me back like $600 though  :x)
Games litterally look like movies. I would say DirectX10 is ALEAST 5 times faster, smoother and better looking than DirectX9 (and scarily, that's NOT an exaggeration) I ran this NVIDIA demo, and people models look REAL, with facial expressions and subsurface scattering (it's frightening how fast games are becoming real)
I will have stuff like that eventually. I don't intend to for another couple years, since I really don't need it yet.
Anyways, (shifting my paranoia from evil AI that will probably rise from the gaming world and kill is all)... :shock:
Such paranoia is based purely on overblown movies. In any real situation any A.I. developed enough to be sentient would be programmed with morality and all sorts of neat safeguards to prevent them from pulling a Skynet or a Mother Brain. But that is irrelevant.
Nice work on the cut, I'll get it when I find the stupid Com32.dll thing I need to get CTEP editor working. (gotta rebalance the monsters yet again)
Okay. Will you be able to have a testing beta ready tonight as you mentioned, or is that a no-go?
On a simular note, the monsters are rebalanced by this formula:

HP is increased, EXP awarded is increased, TECH points and Gil decreased

This is perfect, because the battles take longer (but not harder) and you level up way faster, techs take much longer to gain (so you are stuck with the lower leveled ones longer) and Gil is precisous... also ALL bosses stats are increased though...

I beleveive after tweaking them everytime I started over to test all the cuts (which was ALOT of times!) that I have a VERY perfect balance for battles.

Hmm...Good ideas overall. I am not ENTIRELY certain about the techs, but hey, if it turns out we can never really add more techs like I would want to, then that ought to be fine. What I'd really like to do is give each character a larger move repetoire, which would not only enhance gameplay but would add potential for various new double techs and triple techs.

Which reminds me...when we get around to it, the first thing we need to do is work on replacing Cure 2 on Marle and Frog with their ultra Ice and ultra Water spells respectively. Now that Justin has perfected a method for creating new techs this shouldn't be TOO hard. We might have to get him onboard for those specific tasks, but in any case it should not be a problem.