Author Topic: Avatar Magic: Free n Fresh Chrono Avatars  (Read 7497 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar Magic: Free n Fresh Chrono Avatars
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 07:54:21 am »
I think I over-looked it, I thought the bulge was his shoulder.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2009, 09:10:09 am »
 :lol: No, it ain't his shoulder. Actually, when I was drawing this I had "teenage Magus" in my mind, like, Janus who just recently became the Magus. And so I though the top part of his cape could look like a scarf or something when you look from a different angle.

V_Trans, you're right, that magical light does seem like a pinwheel.  :? Guess that's a bad point. Though I didn't have a clue how to make a light animation for magic... I'll see what I can do.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2009, 03:34:53 pm »
what type of reference would you like?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2009, 03:36:16 pm »
Can you find a pic of an older Janus (not Magus, but maybe around that age) anywhere? I've seen them on IcyBrian, but IDK if they're still there.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2009, 03:42:22 pm »
Hmmm, now that you mention it I've never really seen an older Janus anywhere. But I did draw Magil once and it's a whole lot closer to Janus than Magus. http://tushantin.deviantart.com/art/Magil-of-the-Shadows-88160110

@ZealKnight:  :D Reference for the pose or animation you'd like for Turnip. Anything that suits your fancy, the kind of pose/animation you want Turnip to do.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2009, 03:57:40 pm »
It's this pose but with the cape flowing and the sword over his head. I hope that helped, cuz I don't know where to find Turnip art.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2009, 07:26:19 pm »
ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO MAKE V AN AVY...?

I don't want anything too fancy, I don't think, but here goes...

100x200
The art used for (I don't want the logo) the US Cover of CT

What I want is it to be of Crono and as much of the fiery sword as you can fit and still look good...I want the fire to change color from the regular flame to what would just be the inverted (/opposite) color (that bluish color kind of like the flames in Magus' castle or most of Marle's Techs) the white color in the middle shouldn't be inverted though (the middle should still be white, not black)...I don't want the color change to be abrupt though (don't want it to be like flipping a switch if you know what I mean?)...if the change could happen in, like, a wave, that would be cool (if that makes sense)...and it should then change back so that it looks like a fluid change back & forth when it cycles through the frames...if you want to make it overly complicated you could try to make the flames themselves look animated (that sounds way too much though, maybe just stick to the first part for now :lol:)...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 07:40:14 pm by V_Translanka »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2009, 02:17:05 am »
XD I'm bad enough to make V and A-V! Hahaha!

So basically you want a still image of Crono wielding a still image of a fiery sword but switching colors between yellowish red to bluish white? And you said "US Cover of CT", which confuses me; you'd like the original Toriyama art for the avatar?  :D In either case, it can be done! If there's any additional details I need to know then lemme know.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2009, 02:28:45 am »
Well, I was thinking the original art, yeah...I didn't know if you were always using original art or using something as a base or something...maybe change the background stuff to anything you think is cool though...mebby something flashy with anime speedlines?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2009, 03:13:32 am »
 :lol: The only avatar I use a base for was the first Magus's. However, with this thread I was actually letting everyone know that I can "draw" them all myself too. Like the second Magus avatar that I made for idioticidioms, I didn't use any base; in fact, I drew it entirely from scratch. You know, draw a few frames, scan them and yeah. In fact, I can totally make an entirely new Crono avatar with fiery flames from scratch too! But since you want from the original art, that's fine as well.  8) I'll make it!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2009, 09:10:55 am »
Ah, I see...well, you can make an entirely new one, but since I wanted that pose anyways, I figure that'd be easier. But you do a good job with Toriyama's style so either way's good. Your choice.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 12:36:18 pm »
xD Dude, YOU choose which one you'd like best! Whichever it is, I'll do it. Even if ya want a 90 year old Crono trying to play a practical joke, that's fine with me too!

Sorry for the late update, guys, got caught up with stuff, especially my book that I've been neglecting lately.

@ZealKnight: I've sketched up a closeup pose (it's better for an avatar as I judged, unless you want a heroic silhouetted full-body) with animated cape (the collar and cape thingy). I'm kinda disappointed with my drawing skills recently.  :lol: I need to practice more. Anywhos, I was originally planning on having Turnip close-eyed, but I drew the open ones anywhos. Tell me if you're fine with it. If yes, I'll work on it.  :) If not, I'll redraw. This one's just the bottom layer, while the top one (the hand and sword thingy) I'll draw that in another paper sheet.

EDIT: Turnip's rapier's oh so cool! xD

[attachment deleted by admin]

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 02:30:14 pm »
Oooooooh, makin me do things...! :lol: I'll just go with the Toriyama one modified then.

EDIT: Oh, that Turnip looks pretty cool, btw. I think since he's a freakish mutant he just seems weird in the sketchy stage...I bet he'll look way better once he's gotten some colors thrown onto him & such.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 02:32:53 pm by V_Translanka »

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2009, 05:49:52 pm »
To be honest I don't know what you mean? If you mean your just going to do a close up I'm not really sure, because right now I have a closeup of him. Unless you put his sword in some how it would be awesome, but it does look good and I would kinda be fine with any way you want to do it.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2009, 05:57:14 am »
XD Heck I'll make 2 turnip avatars then! One with closeup, and if you don't like that then I'll make another one just as you asked for of about 100x200 dimensions.

@V_Trans: :lol: Guess so. I'll resketch it. It's kind of a pain drawing each frame especially when you don't have a lightbox or a tablet. But what can I say, it's all for the sake of developing experience so I can get a job some day! XD