Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 199722 times)

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1425 on: January 03, 2010, 03:48:47 am »
I've been playing a lot of Modern Warfare 2 lately, I wasn't really a big fan of the Call of Duty series until this latest one. If you haven't played it yet I strongly recommend it, it's amazing.

Also, I pre-ordered Mass Effect 2 collectors edition today, I hope the bonus DVD with the making of and all that good stuff isn't shitty like the one that came with the Far Cry 2 collectors edition, that was a real letdown.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1426 on: January 03, 2010, 04:27:49 am »
Golden Sun is an AWESOME series and the third installment is finally on its way. Old news, I know, but not even the GS community itself is passionate to make a big deal of it, except in small pockets.
If anyone here follows the series, have you any thoughts on who the fourth party member will be? So far, it looks like they will be the children of the main characters from the last two games, and possibly Isaac. That, or his son really looks exactly like him.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 03, 2010, 05:31:27 am »
I would love it to be a Lemurian again :P  Piers was my favourite .

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1428 on: January 03, 2010, 05:42:58 am »
Hear, hear! Piers always ends up being the strongest on my team. When he wields the Masamune, it's almost embarrassing how much trouble the others have keeping up. I suppose the Venus Adepts and their Sol Blade are all that can compete.

Which brings up the possibility that Piers could make an appearance. The only real question is, if he doesn't have the Lemurian draught, can he still live indefinitely, or is he back on a "normal" lifespan now?

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 03, 2010, 05:59:42 am »
Well I hope he can still live long :S , but without the draught Babi died ...so I sorta expect the same of Piers :(

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1430 on: January 03, 2010, 11:16:40 am »
I've been playing a lot of Modern Warfare 2 lately, I wasn't really a big fan of the Call of Duty series until this latest one. If you haven't played it yet I strongly recommend it, it's amazing.

Also, I pre-ordered Mass Effect 2 collectors edition today, I hope the bonus DVD with the making of and all that good stuff isn't shitty like the one that came with the Far Cry 2 collectors edition, that was a real letdown.

I think the last 3 (MW, WaW & MW2) were really pretty interesting, good CoD games, but I have never been much of a CoD fan either...Too many times online I feel like it's either me crying getting caught in constant snipers because I have no real clue about their map layouts and little time to learn them or else other people constantly whining about whoever else is sniping...and then I say fuck it & just go back to Halo...>_>

The Mass Effect platinum edition I got came with an extra disc with that kind of junk and an extra scenario (& gamer pics! OOoooOOOoooo...*eye roll emoticon*)...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 03, 2010, 12:07:57 pm »
Well I hope he can still live long :S , but without the draught Babi died ...so I sorta expect the same of Piers :(

Actually, the draught was only to apply the slow aging outside Lemuria. Inside, the process happened normally.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 03, 2010, 03:21:34 pm »

I think the last 3 (MW, WaW & MW2) were really pretty interesting, good CoD games, but I have never been much of a CoD fan either...Too many times online I feel like it's either me crying getting caught in constant snipers because I have no real clue about their map layouts and little time to learn them or else other people constantly whining about whoever else is sniping...and then I say fuck it & just go back to Halo...>_>

The Mass Effect platinum edition I got came with an extra disc with that kind of junk and an extra scenario (& gamer pics! OOoooOOOoooo...*eye roll emoticon*)...

People on xbox live are for the most part idiots. They are going to bitch and moan over something if they are losing so I'd just learn the maps and not worry about them. You paid for the shit play it how you want to lol.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 04, 2010, 03:41:06 am »
I obtained MW2 on the 22nd of December (my b-day) and already obtained the Platinum trophy (rewarded on the 31st). It's a lot of fun, and I love Spec Ops... but the single player was boring and online multiplayer is rubbish... but it's still... "fun" :D

Last month, I finally started my first ever FF7 playthrough. This is something I have been meaning to get to for such a long time. I simply never had the chance with school and its work-load, sports back in the day, foolish personal commitments of the past, and "work" in general. Combine that with the ever growing library of other games releasing during the days and there you go.

Needless to say, I am soooo glad I started. It's amazing. Even with all of the "FF7 media-driven knowledge" I was exposed to on gaming forums and such (Aeris...), I am managing greatly. Well, all I have left is to traverse the Northern Cave and find some way of beating Emerald and Ruby Weapon. After I blow away Sephiroth, hopefully the Blu-Ray of FF7 ACC will come in the mail (just another thing I never got to).

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #1434 on: January 04, 2010, 06:52:48 am »

Yeah, I rather enjoyed WaW, playing Nazi Zombies online with some of my mates was lots of fun. With Modern Warfare 2, I got used to the maps and weapons fairly quick. But still, I find myself constantly resorting to using Akimbo weapons like the P90 and .44 Magnum to combat the chances of missing due to LAG! Damn American hosts! :D

Oh and a tip here, Akimbo P90s in MW2 increases the chance of hitting your enemies in the head believe it or not. (Roughly a 40% chance with Steady Aim on.)

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 04, 2010, 01:36:51 pm »
What's with not being able to take a partner into online matches in MW2? I'm seriously hating these games we got recently that say "2 player co-op" or "2-XX online co-op" when they don't really mean the game can be played with 2 people in the same room on one system. I need specifics, dammit. 2-player campaign or 2-player side-mission stuff (Spec-Ops is indeed fun, but I've only got a 60+ year old father [my gf's] to play with...V_V)...? 2-player online or play with others online...?

Oh, and I still wish I had gotten Borderlands instead of L4D2...

Jutty

• View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 04, 2010, 06:52:18 pm »
Borderlands is fun, it's very Diablo-ish.

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #1437 on: January 05, 2010, 02:32:01 am »
Hell, Trade L4D2 and get Borderlands. That game is a lot of fun, even more fun if you have someone to play co-op with (online or offline).

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 05, 2010, 10:03:03 pm »
Yeah, it's not actually mine...V_V

Jutty

• View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 06, 2010, 08:34:13 am »
Trade it anyway and tell them l4d2 is just the original with more fluff.