Author Topic: Good News Bad News  (Read 20013 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Good News Bad News
« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2009, 10:34:09 pm »
*blink blink*

WTF is going on here?

good news/bad news! the bad news is that some people were jerks, but the good news is who the fuck cares?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2009, 10:36:01 pm »
There are at least two groups doing this right now. One of the groups, I know very little about. It's not popular(and I don't even know if they're continuing restoration). The other one I am following somewhat closely and it seems like if it is ever completed, it will be quite magnificent. I don't care about everyone bashing people for trying to restore the alpha leak. I find that really mean considering there are fans out there willing to try to restore CE to what it should have been, considering the creators' desires not to release the 98% finished version. So I give them my support and others should too. I find it really annoying that supposedly they've been harassed and possibly threatened about continuing the projects.

So all you can do now is wait until either they give up, or finish what they sought out to do. I'm hoping for the latter, because no matter how difficult it is to restore CE , it will be worth it. And if anyone is thinking of asking me any names, don't because I'm not giving them and those who know about it, don't give the names either because it's against the project leader's wishes for details to be divulged.

Then you shouldn't have posted about it to begin with. Don't get mad a ZealitY for saying a name. It's not like it was privileged information (or else he and many others wouldn't have it).

kando

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2009, 11:32:13 pm »
Then you shouldn't have posted about it to begin with. Don't get mad a ZealitY for saying a name. It's not like it was privileged information (or else he and many others wouldn't have it).

well, i took down my videos months ago, went underground, only a few ppl on irc knew anything about it...no forum posts, no nothing. so yea, i didnt even think anyone here thought i was still playing around with it. I just wish i could show ppl the progress im making but i want to keep it underground, so pretend there's nothing going on. You probably wont see my project at all.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2009, 11:36:01 pm »
and it was a DICK move to "out" him. I hope he doesn't get any more harassment because of you

Being called out is not a "dick" thing to do. Zeality and those who are the CREATORS of Crimson Echoes have every right to call someone out who's coming BEHIND them and picking up the pieces. Besides, it wasn't exactly a secret it was kando.  Heck, I have barely been around the past few months and even I knew it was kando, and we've never ever had any contact before.

Either way, Zeality, Chrono'99, and Agent 12 pretty much always gets trump with Crimson Echoes.  Just like Kato and company always get trump with Chrono Trigger.  And Stan Lee gets trump on his creations.  And I get trump on Boo the Gentleman Caller.  And Picard gets trump on the Borg. And... That's it. I'm done.

kando

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2009, 11:46:19 pm »
ohi boo, nice to meet u then 8)

someone forgot to tell me when i was outed... i found out that i was outed....today...what happened to out me? i dont remember being banned or treated any differently...

i have no reason to be mad at anyone...as far as im concerned, nobody has done me dirty.

other people that have personal grievances, hey, thats your business.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2009, 11:48:42 pm »
I would still just like to say that I am Impressed with Kando's talent for making progress at all, whether sanctioned or not. :lol:

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2009, 12:22:08 am »
I have no qualms with Kando either (nice to meet you, too), and I haven't seen your work, so I can't comment. However, seeing that Crimson Echoes is their original creation and baby, I sort of have to side more on them. If they have are uncomfortable with this and prefer that you didn't continue (which they may very well be; I dunno - I'm not in regular contact with any of them), they have every right to feel that way. Besides, they're really the most at risk here. But so far ZeaLity and company aren't calling for you to stop, so I def don't have any right to speak on the matter...

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2009, 04:58:18 pm »
yeah, it should be up to those guys. if they say that you can keep doing it then you should keep with it. if not, let your talents (he has talents? never seen or heard of them before today) flourish elsewhere.