Author Topic: Pictures Thread  (Read 87069 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures Thread
« Reply #795 on: June 23, 2009, 02:38:20 am »

Yep, I really am a geek.
No, you're Captain N!

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #796 on: June 23, 2009, 03:38:55 am »
Me with my beloved pipe.

What's your favorite tobacco? We have a store here called The Tinder Box, and I usually grab some of their Irish Cream stuff, or mix two called Amaretto and Midnight. I call this glorious combo: "Midnight Amaretto."

At the moment... a blend called Black Cross. Though there are several others that I am fond of. One is called Tolkien. Another, Curmudgeon, is likewise most excellent. The tobacconist I go to has about eighty some blends, so it allows great variety. I like their top shelf ones... darker and fuller in flavour.

And Zephira... I'm actually getting my hair cut in a few days here. Too long for my tastes now. I'm cutting it nearer to my ears, as right now it's long enough to touch my shoulders.

Although, I do not think I look either suave or cute in that picture, though thank you for the compliments. I'll see if I can find some better pictures...

There. Me and my hat. But I lost the hat. A great pity, as I really liked it. Not many of those wide-brimmed and tall-crowned fedoras about. My Indiana Jones hat, I suppose... but black.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:42:40 am by Daniel Krispin »

Zelbess

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 23, 2009, 09:09:01 pm »
Thanks for all the cat compliments, everyone! :) Also, Zephira, your black cat is absolutely adorable; like a big ball of fluff with eyes. I notice cats like warm places as well; I think that's why mine likes to sit on my laptop so frequently!

I also second the suggestion that Krispin is one handsome, suave fellow! I'm sure the new hair will look great. You can't go wrong with dark and curly at any length!

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 23, 2009, 09:41:37 pm »
Here's another pic from my department

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #799 on: June 23, 2009, 09:47:11 pm »
I also second the suggestion that Krispin is one handsome, suave fellow! I'm sure the new hair will look great. You can't go wrong with dark and curly at any length!
True, if you're going to have short hair, it's best to do it dark and curly, but longer hair is still better looking. The biggest complaint I've heard from men that don't like long hair is that it looks emo or it bothers their eyes. But, if you grow it out long enough to brush away, then the bangs won't get in your eyes. And it's pretty easy to avoid the emo look if you just comb your hair. Parting it in the middle or wetting your comb and combing it back both work very well. My little brother splits his hair in the middle, and it goes down just past his shoulders. It's thick and curly so it doesn't fall in front of his face, and it takes just a few seconds combing to get it where it needs to be.
Now if you're too lazy to comb your hair for a few seconds, just throw it in a low ponytail. If you get your hair wet first, it's a great way to keep cool, in the summer.

C'mon people, we need more good looking guys in the world! Grow your hair out!~

Zelbess

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 23, 2009, 09:58:23 pm »
I'm actually a fan of medium to short hair on guys, but I have short hair myself. :) I have an inverted bob that barely grazes my shoulders. But I think different looks suit different people; variety is definitely the spice of life!

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 24, 2009, 12:53:43 am »

Yep, I really am a geek.
No, you're Captain N!

ahehehe, no, you aren't.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 24, 2009, 07:19:54 pm »
The pictures of the cat's have inspired me to post a picture of my dog. My wife and I happen to be in the image as well, but can't do much about that.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 24, 2009, 07:36:22 pm »
A very happy couple, you seem to be.

And a nice dog to complete the picture as well! A perfect family photo.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 24, 2009, 07:42:05 pm »
YEAH, THOUGHT IN DA HOUSE!

You know, I bet if Thought and I met in real life, we'd be bosom buddies.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 24, 2009, 09:15:01 pm »
I still say Thought should C&D the Half Life producers for unauthorized use of his image.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:23:23 pm by FaustWolf »

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 24, 2009, 09:31:03 pm »
Wow...I didn't notice that. There is a strong similarity of the character from Half Life and Thought...

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #807 on: June 24, 2009, 09:51:25 pm »
Aww, Thought, your dog is adorable! Your wife is pretty, too.

Took long enough, but here's the photos from Salon Featherly's photoshoot: http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/ZephyrAnalea/Salon%20Featherly/
There are too many to fit in a single post here, so I'm just linking to the whole album.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 24, 2009, 09:55:01 pm »
those were quite well done, Zephira!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 24, 2009, 10:04:21 pm »
Are those blue highlights left over from your Schala photo Zephira, or was that required by the Featherly peeps? What shade of blue hair dye is that exactly (writers are interested in these things)? And more importantly...how do you justify to your friends and family that you're walking around with partially blue hair? 'Cuz that's awesome.