Author Topic: Cross Speedrunning Record, Playthrough, Offsets, and Fan Art  (Read 2029 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Cross Speedrunning Record, Playthrough, Offsets, and Fan Art
« on: August 13, 2008, 11:26:50 pm »
Molotov reports that he has successfully broken the Chrono Cross speedrunning record by achieving times of 6:42.11 (bad ending) and 6:48.19 (good ending). Compare to 7:55ish for the current run on SDA, and 7:16 for Kimura's old run. The video won't be available for a while; specifically, Molotov is checking on whether the Lunar Dragon battle is up to standard. Congratulations on obliterating the 7 hour mark; we can't wait to see what new techniques were employed.

[1]  Speaking of Chrono Cross, cubemario has finished uploading his play/walkthrough of Chrono Cross to Youtube. It's not a perfect run or anything and doesn't get all characters, but it does go through the entire game. Check it out if you want a demonstration of something by clicking here[2]  jsondag2 found FaustWolf's notes on unheadered sprite offsets, and they've been uploaded to the Compendium. Click here to see them; be ready with Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice.

Fan art time! Click this banner to see Straafe's latest work, 3D Frog!

Head to Straafe's section of the Fan Art page to see more poses and beta shots. Next is BROJ's Time Devourer wallpaper. From Deezer509 comes King Crono (II). Now it's ChronoWeapon's turn; we have [ Tomo Levine Giving a Hug - Marle - Crono - Lucca ] He also submitted the first two parts of his fanfic as Word documents; click for the Prologue or Chapter One.

Cubemario

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Speedrunning Record, Playthrough, Offsets, and Fan Art
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 11:36:01 am »
Wow, that's awesome for showing my hard work to the community, Zeality  :D. Certainly gives me a lot of motivation to refine it further.

Also, great job molotov on your speed run. I am seriously looking forward to seeing it on SDA. I wonder what new tricks you have up your sleeve. I learned the profiteer purse trick from you.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 11:38:35 am by Cubemario »

ChronoWeapon

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 01:08:08 pm »
Hello everyone, ChronoWeapon here.  If any one reads my fanfic feel free to tell me what you think, I always like to hear the opinions of my peers^^  I thank eveyone again that manages the Chrono Compendium for posting my work both fanart and fiction!^^

Molotov

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • SDA Chrono Cross page.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 08:51:05 pm »
Actually ZeaLitY, I got the second opinion I wanted not that long (sometime after 3:00 A.M.) after I sent the message to you. Nitrodon didn't seem to have any real beef with it, because the plan is ridiculously hard to pull off. I still have to wait to submit it though, because I want to include audio commentary (which is pretty lame at the moment) with it.

Also, I should probably mention that Bisqwit made a Cross "TAS" (it's more like a playaround with tools) a while back. I seem to remember you two not getting along though, so I'm not sure you'll care that much for this news. :/

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 12:19:14 am »
Oh, I'll still report on it. He concluded that I wasn't worth talking to after I had such a hell of a time with Chronotools.