Author Topic: Serge question (most likely already thought of)  (Read 6950 times)

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Serge question (most likely already thought of)
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2009, 10:21:51 pm »
Bingo, now I get it.  Thanks lol. 

So I assume that the loop arises from a person inside ground zero who is now connected to 12000BC and 2400AD simultaneously - therefore the time error he spends inside the Sea of Eden cannot be properly established.  So if that person passed beyond the boundary, he would have to emerge at Time 12000BC + every unit of time error after Time Error N amount of time he spends in ground zero until 2400AD + N   

Obviously that would need to be avoided somehow... your explanation works well for that.  I'll have to think some more about it.
That's how I understand it. As I said:
But, now that I think of it, his successful exit would violate TTI, and without the DBT, he would exit the field, without definition, at every moment between 12000BC and 14400 + whenever it left -- thus infinitely. Edit: Suppose it isn't infinite, unless time can be divided beyond the Planck Constant.

Explanation could be simple... but I need this answered....  Did Dinopolis go through something similar to Chronopolis?  Would they have the same properties in terms of their connections between the past and future?
Yes, but the antithesis. And, it wasn't intentional. Supposedly, either the Entity caused it or it was a dimensional reaction.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:23:51 pm by BROJ »

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2009, 10:34:41 pm »
No, Eske was referring to whether or not Dinopolis underwent a Time Crash situation similar to Chronopolis in which an area of space around Dinopolis is connected to a different point in time. And as Acacia Sgt pointed out, it didn't. All that happened to Dinopolis was it was pulled back in time and across the dimensions. So to answer Eske's question, Dinopolis/Terra Tower exists physically within the sea of El Nido.

But yes, it was pulled to the sea of El Nido to act as the antithesis to Chronopolis, probably by the Entity in an attempt to undo whatever Lavos' plan was in using Chronopolis.

But Belthesar in his infinite wisdom (even more so than the Entity apparently) knew all along what would happen with Chronopolis and that Dinopolis would appear as well, because only if Dinopolis existed could the Chrono Cross exist and the dimensions become unified again.

Yes, it's clear now that Belthesar is the most badass character in the Chrono series.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:37:03 pm by chrono eric »

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2009, 10:43:00 pm »
The only thing that bothers me is that I don't know if 2400AD residents would be sent to the DBT upon attempted entry  or if poor Person A would be sent to the DBT while attempting to escape ground zero.

I understand that something has to handle it, but I don't want to abuse the "DBT card" too much. 

I wonder how else the situation could be handled, perhaps without anyone being shunted?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2009, 10:46:01 pm »
I wonder how else the situation could be handled, perhaps without anyone being shunted?

How about a switch? Maybe, just like how the small area of 2,400 AD connected to the past, that small area in the past got connected to the rest of 2,400 AD?

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2009, 10:50:37 pm »
The only other possibility would be that someone within the Sea of Eden at ground zero in 12000 BC would be sent to 2400 AD upon attempting to leave it, and someone in 2400 AD upon entering the Sea of Eden would be sent to 12000 BC inside the Sea of Eden upon attempting to enter it.

This might seem very counter-intuitive and confusing at first, but think about it - it actually works.

Between the interval of 12,000 BC - 2400 AD, anyone that enters the Sea of Eden from the past is sent to inside the Sea of Eden in the future.

Likewise, between the interval of 12,000 BC - after 2400 AD, anyone that is inside of the "real" Sea of Eden in the past will be sent to outside of it in the future, and anyone outside of it in the future will be sent to inside of it in the past.

In this way, no one needs to be shunted and we do not need to abuse the DBT card too much, although it does make for a rather strange temporal structure for the boundary of the Sea of Eden, and I don't know if it would stand up to scrutiny to be honest.

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2009, 11:55:07 am »
The switch is most likely the answer. But one more question the Frozen Flame at the end of chrono cross (the one from the future) what happened to it? Oh and maybe the Dragons don't know Fate is gone.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2009, 04:44:37 pm »
That is something that is unknown. The Frozen Flame disappears suddenly while they are talking with Belthesar, but we don't know where it goes or what happens to it.

We can say though that there would only be one Frozen Flame in the Ideal Timeline, and that is the one that is still on the ocean floor of the Sea of Eden.

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2009, 06:06:02 pm »
The only thing that bothers me is that I don't know if 2400AD residents would be sent to the DBT upon attempted entry  or if poor Person A would be sent to the DBT while attempting to escape ground zero.

I understand that something has to handle it, but I don't want to abuse the "DBT card" too much. 

Heh, quoting myself.  I just realized that speculation on this matter is meaningless - there is no example of it in the series and it wouldn't be relevant to the plot in any way.    :D

So what is this thread for now? lol

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2009, 09:17:59 pm »
I still think my explanation, although weird as hell, explains it pretty well - despite it being completely irrelevant to the series.

ryu planeswalker

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2009, 01:49:14 am »
There is no such thing as weird when it comes to time travel.

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2009, 05:21:33 pm »
It could be very relevant for all we know. Who's to say some magical researchers weren't floating there after the fall of Zeal and had their own agenda, say an evil one. Maybe they now have TTI and succeeded in that experiment FATE tried to accomplish and tried to bring Zeal back using the power of Lavos and the Dragon God in other dimensions. Of course this is random theories. Perhaps they are what is holding the Dragons.