Author Topic: Ideas for a chrono movie.  (Read 2059 times)

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for a chrono movie.
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 09:50:09 am »
You really won't need that much space. HD DVD is just fine.
actually, most rpgs can go well past a standard 360 disk.
HD DVD isn't the standard 360 disc. The standard is dual sided standard.
Why do you think the HD were installed to the xbox, and alot of their games can patch? cause they didn't have enough space to fill in right there and then.
So why was an HD attached to the PS3 if they can do all the shit on a Blu Ray? And plus, patches come over time, not right at the beginning, so of course there has to be a way to download patches :roll:

Blu Ray is just over the top. You won't need that much. Plus, Xenosaga had heaps of FMV's, and so that took up a lot of space. With the power of the new consoles, FMV's should disappear (I know that sounds like hypocrisy :) ). This was the problem with -[eM]- Enchant Arm.
easy: people don't want cards anymore. its a simple switch to basically install another, small HD drive (an inital has to be installed to work, other wise there would be no place to throw the OS.)

plus, rpgs are suppose to be big. that's half the complaint is that they don't match up to the old ff length. course, those are like that cause a cart is only limited in power, not storing capablities.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:51:50 am by grey_the_angel »

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 04:51:06 am »
easy: people don't want cards anymore. its a simple switch to basically install another, small HD drive (an inital has to be installed to work, other wise there would be no place to throw the OS.)
Huh? Thats the same idea with the 360 one. What are you trying to say?
plus, rpgs are suppose to be big. that's half the complaint is that they don't match up to the old ff length. course, those are like that cause a cart is only limited in power, not storing capablities.
Most of the complaints are that RPG's are too long.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 06:01:20 am »
I for one am in the "not long enough" camp. The longer the better. A bad RPG I wouldn't play anyway, but a good RPG is all the better for its added length.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 04:14:11 pm »
Length=/=Good

Just look at Trigger. It's not very long at all, even including New Game+ and it's great.

Now, I'm not saying an RPG can't be long, of course that's rediculous. But just saying length is what you want is just as (if not more) rediculous. It has to have a good reason to be long. Just drawing something out to make more gameplay hours is stupid. You flesh out the characters as best you can and make a good story, but you don't go overboard because going overboard can be just as bad as going at it half-assed.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 04:20:05 pm »
Length=/=Good

Just look at Trigger. It's not very long at all, even including New Game+ and it's great.

Now, I'm not saying an RPG can't be long, of course that's rediculous. But just saying length is what you want is just as (if not more) rediculous. It has to have a good reason to be long. Just drawing something out to make more gameplay hours is stupid. You flesh out the characters as best you can and make a good story, but you don't go overboard because going overboard can be just as bad as going at it half-assed.
any game is short when you are able to run through it with full equips. but that being said, the game is longer becuase of new game plus and the given ablity to finish it whenever and gain various endings.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 04:28:19 pm »
Yes, Trigger is longer including New Game+, like I stated...But even with that, you still can't call Trigger a long RPG. Because it's not.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 04:35:18 pm »
Yes, Trigger is longer including New Game+, like I stated...But even with that, you still can't call Trigger a long RPG. Because it's not.
we didn't say that. we said some of the complaints is that rpg maps and their over all view is that they aren't long enough to be effective. most people want to feel like it takes an effort to get from here to their.

esentially, they want MMO size maps with all the story of a regular rpg. personally, I'm all for it. it would make games effectively harder to beat if the maps were long enough city to city to completely drain supplies.

cupn00dles

• Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2006, 02:01:52 am »
Creepy thread. Creepy thread.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2006, 03:22:49 am »
why's that?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2006, 04:33:55 am »
why's that?
Because a Chrono movie would suck.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2006, 06:45:19 am »
why's that?
that's opinion. you never know, people thought hellboy would suck, and look how that turned out.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2006, 07:11:59 am »
why's that?
that's opinion. you never know, people thought hellboy would suck, and look how that turned out.
...that it actually did suck?

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2006, 06:55:55 pm »
i didn't really read any of this forum but im thinkin Kid tits in a couple scenes like lets say with scharla- like the cloning process.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2006, 08:09:33 pm »
I wouldn't go so far as to say that Hellboy sucked...it surely wasn't great and it was no where near as good as the comics (much like how I feel about Hellblazer and the Constantine movie only I liked Constantine more than Hellboy...).

But I understand the point...But a Trigger movie, if it didn't suck, wouldn't remain true to the original concept.

Anime or bust!

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2006, 03:28:27 am »
i didn't really read any of this forum but im thinkin Kid tits in a couple scenes like lets say with scharla- like the cloning process.
couldn't do it: Kid's offically underaged. not to mention she was a newborn when she was cloned.....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 03:31:24 am by grey_the_angel »