Author Topic: Chrono Trigger 2: Time's Eclipse - All Info Here!  (Read 2105 times)

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger 2: Time's Eclipse - All Info Here!
« on: July 04, 2010, 09:09:15 pm »

Platform: RPG Maker 2003
Genre: Traditional RPG
Release Date: TBD
Production Status: 10%

Chrono Trigger 2: Time's Eclipse is a fan-sequel to Chrono Trigger, and the official sequel to Chrono Alter. The game will take place four years after the end of Alter.

This game has a lot to do with Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes. In fact, this is an adaptation of CT:CE to be a CAlter sequel. I have obtained permission from Zeality to go ahead with the project. Please note, this is not a remake. It's an adaptation.

Plot Intro
"Four years after the defeat of the Dream Devourer, Crono, Marle, and Lucca find that their lives have drastically changed. Lucca has adopted a baby girl she found in the woods, and is embracing Motherhood while she works on re-creating a 'Time Egg', the item that brought Crono back to life. Crono and Marle are preparing themselves for the throne.

During this time, the nations of Guardia and Porre begin to have multiple disagreements. King Guardia grows uneasy, as Porre has gathered a powerful army. Nobody knows how such as small nation has risen to power, and Crono begins to suspect an old enemy is at work in his time..."

Features:
-The final adventure of the CT Team.
-Schala as a fully playable character.
-Working Caterpillar system.*
-15-20 hours of gameplay.
-Branching story.
-Return of Time Travel.
-Mp3 only soundtrack.
-Mapping nearly identical to Chrono Trigger.
-Element System for Magic.

*Might Be Removed

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger 2: Time's Eclipse - All Info Here!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 11:06:04 pm »
I have decided that I want to go ahead and play Chrono Alter - you've piqued my interest on this bad boy so bad. As such, I am a mac user and not necessarily super friendly when it comes to programs like RPGmaker2003. With some research it turns out that 2003 can't work on a mac. Any suggestions? What's the probability that Chrono Alter or Time's Eclipse becomes stand-alone? :)

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 11:40:14 pm »
Chrono Alter is actually getting a revamp later this year. As in, rewritten script, new optional areas, expanded dungeons, etc.

Also, you don't need RPG Maker to run CA or CT2. I hear WINE is a good emulator for Windows software.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 01:27:36 pm »
@Boo: Like Lance says, try WINE first (and tell us whether it works or not--it didn't for me, but someone else had good luck with a different RPGMaker game).

If WINE doesn't work, and you have an old Windows install disc lying around (I think you'll need at least Win2KPro for RPGMaker2003 games) and are willing to waste some time messing around, there are a couple of other things you can try:

1. Installing Windows inside a virtual machine--VirtualBox runs on Macs, IIRC, and it's free (I've had some issues with it and 2KPro, though, so you might be better off installing XP or later). There's also VMWare Fusion, but that costs ~$100. This will allow you to effectively run a Windows machine inside your MacOS install.
2. Dual-boot. The Mac solution to this is called BootCamp, and I know pretty much nothing about it beyond the fact that it exists.

Either of those might be more trouble than you want to go through for just one game, though.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 02:08:47 pm »
Bootcamp runs pretty well. The only problems I had started the very day my computer warranty expired and everything started screwing up. Apple's a slimy business.