Author Topic: Temporal Flux (the game) outline  (Read 723 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Temporal Flux (the game) outline
« on: March 14, 2011, 06:42:58 am »
Err... I don't expect to have a game out anytime soon. I do, however, want to give out my ideas cause keeping them to myself is depressing. Also not in the mood for typing an essayworth of story so... here's just a summary. Temporal Flux is a sequel series to Chrono. It begins at 2401 AD and is mostly space-based, but there will be some time travel in there, hence 'Temporal Flux'.

Here are some key characters:

Charles Montcrief: Grand Commander of Earth and the colonies throughout the Solar System. Montcrief preaches a strong dislike for Zeal even after the 5 year war with them across space time. He's not strong enough to keep colonists in line, so many have separated from his rule and live as their own independent societies.
Darien Crowley: Once Charles Montcrief's right hand man, Crowley separated from the colonies once the Federation formed, soon forming a rebellion in his old age. His sister was lost when he was a teenager to Captain Valcor, who despite Zeal's orders not to harm civilians at every opportunity, instead took the opportunity to lay waste to colonies, killing tens of thousands, and Crowley's sister amongst them. Crowley still doesn't completely forgive Zeal, but finds them tolerable, in the least, in his rebellion against the Federation.
James Montcrief: James is the Rambo-esque son of Charles Montcrief and soon takes his father's place as Grand Commander of the Earth and the Solar System colonies. Beginning with his rule, he founded the Federation, a united bastion of the split of colonies forced back under Montcrief oppression through fear and intimidation and dedicated to crushing Zeal despite the truce years after the war.
Lazoth: "He Who Sleeps Beneath the Sea" -- Lazoth is a being related to Lavos in that they share the same malefic origin. Just as Lavos was summoned forth by Azala on the planet Earth, Lazoth was summoned by the Aquilite ruler Grand Arbitress Nerth'Yma. Lazoth's power fed Aquilite civilization until a certain point before endangering the entire race. Lazoth is now sealed beneath the seabed, though awake and aware. Lazoth was inspired by a similar being from the HP Lovecraft mythos, Zoth-Omogg.
Magil: Magil is an eternal sorcerer and powerful noble of Zeal. He is usually calm and mysterious, but has an interest in magically-powered machinery. He seems to have amnesia regarding his origins but claims Zeal and its Empress seem familiar, though he can't explain why.
Melissa Montcrief: The sister of James and seriously trigger-happy, Melissa is on the brink of insane with her thirst for Zealian bloodshed, often using cunning to slip out of dire situations.
Nep'trok: The estranged Prince son of the Grand Arbitress leads the remnants of the Aquilites since the betrayal of his mother and the loss of most of their people in the Lazoth disaster that took place eons before man existed.
Nerth'Yma: The Aquilite Grand Arbitress is pretty much Queen Zeal on steroids. Her powers combined with her racial traits make her a very challenging foe.
Zeal: Empress Zeal is a woman with a very checkered past and the victim of temporal distortions. Out of good will, she had issued a truce with Solar System forces in order to conquer a bigger threat: Lazoth, because the last thing she needed was another Elder God messing about. Following the destruction of Lazoth, her current concern is the Federation. Having encountered James Montcrief, despite her defenses, the non-magic human leader was able to deliver a hard blow to her stomach, knocking the wind out of her. She barely escaped execution at a Federation prison with the help of Magil.

Locations:

Aquilos: Aquilos is the second named planet in the Andromeda system. Its surface is almost entirely ocean, save for a few fragments of land. Before man walked Earth, Aquilos's ocean and skies were inhabited by the Aquilites' cities, whose technology far surpassed that of Zeal's. Though, with the evil Grand Arbitress' futile ambitions, Lazoth awoke and nearly vaporized all the Aquilites. Only a handful remain. After Lazoth's destruction at the hands of Empress Zeal and her remnant Aquilite allies, Nep'trok, now the new Grand Arbiter of the Aquilites, pledged allegience to Zeal, thus forming the Zeal Pact. Now the Aquilites are in reproduction and, under Empress Zeal's guidance, reconstruction of their cities, sharing territory with Zeal's colonies.
Charon: Charon is the snowy moon of Pluto and home to a handful of mining colonies, both Federation and rebellion.
Earth: This is the Federation's primary planet, with the Central colony in orbit high above Porre. Though Porre is under strict martial law, it is only semi-occupied, designated as Montcrief's fallback base lest Federation Central go in lockdown. Earth is also the primary stage of temporal war, 20 years before by Zeal, and currently by the Federation.
Mars: Even with the Federation and rebellion rebuilding the Martian colonies, many colonies were razed by the ex-Captain Valcor of Zeal. Despite Empress Zeal herself showing up to reprimand him in the midst of flames and destruction, the Martian colonists have a deep loathing for Zeal and many pledge alliance with Montcrief and the Federation.
Temporapolis: Temporapolis is the successor to Chronopolis, located on the Martian moon of Phobos, after the destruction of Chronopolis by Porre's military decades earlier. Here, Belthasar leads operations against maintaining a secure history, though at risk of alarming the Federation after attempts by Temporapolis agents to sabotage attempts by the Federation to change history.
Zeal: The first named planet of the Andromeda system, Zeal was founded by an expedition of the Old Kingdom led by Dalton's brother, Lunarth, after losing contact with the now-former Queen due to her madness. Zeal's cities are a step up in technology from the Old Kingdom, spanning across the planet, while having several untouched forests deemed as sanctuaries for wildlife. The Empress has recently permitted her Aquilite allies to construct colonies in Zeal's oceans as a safe haven for the still-endangered race.

OST:
Aquilite Last City
Aquilos - Aquilite Home Planet (Underwater theme)
Battle with Magil
Battle with Zeal
Charon Mines
Colonial Sewers
Epilogue
Federation Central Colony
Federation Robot Factory
Forests of Zeal
He Who Sleeps Beaneath the Sea (Lazoth's theme/battle theme?)
It's A Trap! (Escape theme)
James Montcrief's theme
Kasmir's Galactic Return (Kasmir battle theme) (see attachment 'D1-Level 8.midi')
Lazoth's Temporal Shift (IMHO not the best I could've picked)
Lunarth's Last Stand (Battle with Lunarth, Dalton's younger brother) (shortened track)
Martian Mining Colony
Military Madonna (Melissa Montcrief's theme)
Montcrief Mayhem (Battle with James Montcrief in space-mech suit)
New Omen (Black Omen/Black Dream redux)
Persuing the Grand Arbitress
Prehistory Under Federation Oppression
Rebel Base
Rebellious Infiltration
Virus on the Move (to be edited)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:08:04 am by Princess Schala Zeal »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Flux (the game) outline
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 02:39:41 am »
sounds kick ass! :D which reminds me I still havent gotte you those sprites xd

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 03:02:36 am »
I think my fav track is Montcrief Mayhem

wiz Khalifa

• Earthbound (+15)
  • smokin' trees in 12000 bc, bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 01:33:41 pm »
in this game, Do any bitches get raped by long haired playas with the patch over they eye like Captain Hook?

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 01:37:04 pm »
Well, seeing as I want to keep this an interest to the whole compendium, I don't want to make any hentai, cause that'd shoo away half the audience.